Dundee vs Celtic - 31/08/14

Just awoken from my post match power wob. I needed that big sticks! Proud o my boys the day but I'm still viewing as 2 points dropped.

Some Derry bounce when mcpake got the opener, the wee lassie steward was shiteing herself seeing my ample frame bounding towards her.

We are unbeatable!

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DieDee, on 31 Aug 2014 - 19:35, said:

Our main lack of cover is left back and that is where we have been hit and come through well enough. I think we do, as you say, have short term cover so would prefer to get in loan signings if required and keep the cash.

New deal for Letheren or too late by this stage?

How do you mean?

Our corner routine is fantastic and Roberts delivery was quality again today

Aye, Roberts puts a cracking corner in. Makes up for his tendency to overrun the ball out the bye-line at least once a game.

What really pleases me is our defence. We have only conceded 3 goals - all from 20+ yards - 1 with an unfortunate deflection and 2 absolute rockets that gave Letheren no chance. It's good that were not conceding through poor defensive play.

Not according to the stats.

f**k the stats. Letheren had next to nothing to do today and Gordon had a few good saves he had to pull off. Celtic were honking. It shows you how desperate they were when Stokes had to resort to pathetic attempts at winning a penalty a couple of times.

Boyle would be an spl quality player, if he had a decent end product. Today could have been a win if he had simpy passed to Luka for the tap in.

Its a shame as he makes good runs, but almost too similar to Riley in that it often amounts to nothing. It might look good but if there is no final product its pointless. He's still young though and should come good.

McGowan was outstanding at times, defensively and on the attack. What a signing for free. McGinn also couldn't be faulted at all, dealt with pretty much everything thrown at him. McPake also was solid.

Letheren too, couple of good saves. Griffiths was celtics only pass for me, pity he came on to be honest or we would have probably sank them. Celtic started the 2nd half strong, was only a matter of time before they scored.

Enjoyable game.

Not according to the stats.

Are you counting several long range trundlers as chances? :lol:

Your only genuine chances were Letherens top class save on half time and a free header from a second half corner. Other than that Celtic were about as menacing as a still - born kitten.

f**k the stats..

:lol:

Dundee were by far the best team in the first half, Celtic in the 2nd half. Fact is we had more possession, more shots on target. The Dundee goal came because our players seem to lack the ability to kick a ball away. Those are the facts.

Don't get me wrong not many teams will go there this season and win, I think Dundee are in with a good shout of a top 6 finish, Great team who work very hard.

Dundee fans though seem to be getting a bit carried away with themselves, don't forget this is the worst Celtic team in quite some time.

:lol:

Dundee were by far the best team in the first half, Celtic in the 2nd half. Fact is we had more possession, more shots on target. The Dundee goal came because our players seem to lack the ability to kick a ball away. Those are the facts.

Don't get me wrong not many teams will go there this season and win, I think Dundee are in with a good shout of a top 6 finish, Great team who work very hard.

Dundee fans though seem to be getting a bit carried away with themselves, don't forget this is the worst Celtic team in quite some time.

In some time? This must be the worst Celtic team ever by some distance?

Archived