Dundee vs Celtic - 31/08/14

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gibby82, on 31 Aug 2014 - 15:24, said:

Impressed with McGinn. Good player.

Irvine not so much.

Harsh in the extreme. Up against Leigh Griffiths for the majority of the match and playing out of position at LB. He's not great, he's not Premiership standard but he done well today.

Denayer is a woeful CH. He looks so dominant, but is like a fragile flower. It took him until the 38th minute to win a header against Peaso according to BT Sports which I have the coverage of playing in the background just now. When he was playing against us for Man City in pre-season, he didn't win a header all game so at least he's improving.

Before the game would have been delighted with a draw but after it absolutely gutted we only got a draw. Created a number of opportunities and were in charge in the first half. Celtic were better in the second but we should have caught them on one of our counter attacks if Boyle passed it was a goal for sure.

Really happy with how the season is going we've not really been outplayed in any of our games so far infact I'd say St Mirren ran us closest and we won that one. We've had the chances to win every game but undefeated and looking good so far hopefully we can keep our early momentum up.

Cracking game of football that we could have won had Boyle just squared instead of shooting. The Tank was furious and rightly so.

We sat back for spells in the second half and invited the pressure, with big gaps in the middle. But we coped (well, mostly). I'm surprised we didn't try and build moves down the right to have Boyle running at Izaguirre, who was on a booking.

Roberts looked dead on his feet by half-time. Clearly needs more game-time.

Any point against Celtic is a bonus, but it tells you something when there's a tinge of disappointment at not beating them.

Partick Thistle have been the best footballing side I've seen against Dundee all season. Surprised they've not being doing much better than they have. Celtic, with Leigh Griffiths always have the chance of getting a goal, but if that's their standard and it certainly looks like it has been so far this season, then there's no reason why another side can't dethrone Celtic.

Normally I'd be delighted with a point against Sellick - but that felt like 2 points dropped.

Still would've liked Wighton instead of Tankulic as the sub but clearly PH wanted someone to hold the ball up.

Thought the whole team were immense and McPake just about deserved his MotM - personally thought McGowan was fantastic.

Pity there's an international break now. Should be a good crowd through to meet the fermers in 2 weeks time.

Should be a good crowd through to meet the fermers in 2 weeks time.

We've not had a home crowd below 6000 this season so far, don't let us down.

To the person that asked if Celtic sold that allocation of 4200 the answer is no. Somewhere around 3800 Celtic fans today.

Ok, thanks so a few Dee fans missed it too then. Probably the kick off time and the fact it was on TV.

With about 2000 home fans? We're not likely to let you down but Motherwell, ICT, Killie, Partick, RC, St Mirren and Hamilton will.

The home crowd has always been bigger than the away support.

Just seen the start of the BT Sports clip with Ronnie Deila on the pitch pre-match. I've taped it on my phone, but no idea how to upload it on here through the app, but why does he do the GIUY sign to the Celtic support?!

Archived