Dundee vs Celtic - 31/08/14

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wonder what else they nicked or damaged.

I think Dens Park is more than damaged enough to be fair.

Was quite impressed by Dundee yesterday. Roberts was a constant threat, I thought he was quite good at Caley but I believe he suffers from billy big baws syndrome.

I missed the first goal, heard a cheer when outside and thought we had scored due to being a quiet roar so was quite pissed off when I found out it was Dundee.

Dundee looked faster and fitter than us, apart from Harkins who seems like a pub player these days. Overall we were lucky to come away with a draw.

On another note why would you pay 20 odd quid to go to a football match and face the away fans holding a flag the entire time? Bizzare.

Well that result makes things look a little more interesting for a while. :)

Delia looks completely out of his depth and might be more suited to a different club with lower expectations.

Watched the highlights and cringed and cringed at how bad the squad has become at this moment in time, but in saying that Dundee gave a sterling performance on the park and would have been deserved winners if they took all the points.

Was thinking of going to the Cup game against Hearts for one reason only !, to shout instructions a Delia ffs, when Deila fields Effing Fucking Ambrose I'll scream "Ronny no dae that, please Ronny no" :bairn

I think Dens Park is more than damaged enough to be fair.

Was quite impressed by Dundee yesterday. Roberts was a constant threat, I thought he was quite good at Caley but I believe he suffers from billy big baws syndrome.

I missed the first goal, heard a cheer when outside and thought we had scored due to being a quiet roar so was quite pissed off when I found out it was Dundee.

Dundee looked faster and fitter than us, apart from Harkins who seems like a pub player these days. Overall we were lucky to come away with a draw.

On another note why would you pay 20 odd quid to go to a football match and face the away fans holding a flag the entire time? Bizzare.

Why pay 20 odd quid to go to a football match and face the home fans holding another countries flag?

But back on topic, it's a great feeling leaving Dens annoyed about a result you'd have accepted before the game.

My eyes. I thought the Hibs posters were bad but you're a fucking simpleton. If you want to judge a game based on the bbc stats go right ahead. The only thing you've said with any relevance is that Dundee's goal should have been cleared by the man on the post. His fresh air shot was epic.

You seem to have forgotten the Celtic goal came off a deflection so wasn't down to their defenders being unable to kick a ball.

Dundee had far better chances and should have won the game. Possession means f**k all when you pass the ball around the centre-line like you did all game without threatening.

As a Celtic man I agree with your post to be honest. Possession isn't the be all and end all if you don't do nothing with it, many times Neils teams too do that thing where lot of the ball but no fast sharp incisive passing. I was never a Neil Lennon fan as a manager, too many cup failures and a lot of bad slow passing at times. You seem an educated man and a student of the game, so I'd like your opinion on Ambrose, don't you think the media exaggerate how bad he is? Sure he does some calamitous stuff but he also recovers a lot due to his pace and decent tackling, he also can go on nice runs when he isn't running into someone, some crazies on the european thread suggested they don't know who is worse him or moshni of rangers 2012, Ambrose can be a bomb scare but surely going as far as to compare him to Moshni is OTT?

For what its worth I believe Deila got his tactics right at home to Maribor, though maybe he got the personal wrong at the back to fit his system, his actual error was his sub which threw the game away, we did not need an attack player like Commons and Boerighter when 0-0 would see us through. Deila Made the right changes vs St Johnstone that in part with refereeing errors helped us win the game (my view on the penalties is they where either both penalties or non where, I personally think contact has to be more substantial than either incident to merit a pen). he helped get us playing better for a bit VS dundee with his subs too ultimately his players are either not trying for him, or more likely are not good enough/fit enough to play the high pressing game he favours for a whole match, part of being a premiership(epl standard) player is the intrinsic engine which can not biologically be coached into some players, its all very well saying coach them more to make them fitter and faster but some of that just comes down to the fact that players at spl level tend to not have the bodies to play at a higher level, those small minority that do and also have the required skill usually move on unless they play for a Celtic and a Rangers and reach a level where they are good enough for Europe and the SPL but not so good that they are a must have for other clubs.

As a Celtic man I agree with your post to be honest. Possession isn't the be all and end all if you don't do nothing with it, many times Neils teams too do that thing where lot of the ball but no fast sharp incisive passing. I was never a Neil Lennon fan as a manager, too many cup failures and a lot of bad slow passing at times. You seem an educated man and a student of the game, so I'd like your opinion on Ambrose, don't you think the media exaggerate how bad he is? Sure he does some calamitous stuff but he also recovers a lot due to his pace and decent tackling, he also can go on nice runs when he isn't running into someone, some crazies on the european thread suggested they don't know who is worse him or moshni of rangers 2012, Ambrose can be a bomb scare but surely going as far as to compare him to Moshni is OTT?

For what its worth I believe Deila got his tactics right at home to Maribor, though maybe he got the personal wrong at the back to fit his system, his actual error was his sub which threw the game away, we did not need an attack player like Commons and Boerighter when 0-0 would see us through. Deila Made the right changes vs St Johnstone that in part with refereeing errors helped us win the game (my view on the penalties is they where either both penalties or non where, I personally think contact has to be more substantial than either incident to merit a pen). he helped get us playing better for a bit VS dundee with his subs too ultimately his players are either not trying for him, or more likely are not good enough/fit enough to play the high pressing game he favours for a whole match, part of being a premiership(epl standard) player is the intrinsic engine which can not biologically be coached into some players, its all very well saying coach them more to make them fitter and faster but some of that just comes down to the fact that players at spl level tend to not have the bodies to play at a higher level, those small minority that do and also have the required skill usually move on unless they play for a Celtic and a Rangers and reach a level where they are good enough for Europe and the SPL but not so good that they are a must have for other clubs.

I have no real opinion of Ambrose. I don't watch much football on the tele so don't see much outside of the championship. First time i've seen him but i have seen Mohsni in a couple of televised games now our league gets some air time. Three words describe him. You shit b*****d. Other than Griffiths Celtic in general were shocking though. The new Hibs.

I thought Ambrose had an excellent WC with Nigeria especially against Argentina. He was used as an attacking full back in that game though. Remarkable criticism of him now. Can't say I have seen much of Celtic though so far.

That's the problem ?, he had a good world cup but looks like he can't be arsed playing at club level ???

Probably he had good players around him in the World Cup to cover up his bad decisions on the field and the current Celtic squad aren't good enough to cover when he makes a passport run up the park and immediately gives the ball away to the opposition and gets caught out of position ?

That's the problem ?, he had a good world cup but looks like he can't be arsed playing at club level ???

Probably he had good players around him in the World Cup to cover up his bad decisions on the field and the current Celtic squad aren't good enough to cover when he makes a passport run up the park and immediately gives the ball away to the opposition and gets caught out of position ?

All of the above I suppose! Shows he can do a job though at a high level thiugg. Maybe he has lost interest.

Archived