Dundee vs Celtic - 31/08/14

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Terrific performance today. It's not often you leave a game with either of the ugly sisters, disappointed with a draw. Whilst I'm loathe to highlight individual performances rather than the whole side, I thought McGowan and McGinn were brilliant.

Already buzzing for McDiarmid Park in a couple of weeks.

On a side note, I'd be amazed to see Griffiths loaned out tomorrow. Looked like Celtic's most potent attacking threat by a fair distance.

Just seen the start of the BT Sports clip with Ronnie Deila on the pitch pre-match. I've taped it on my phone, but no idea how to upload it on here through the app, but why does he do the GIUY sign to the Celtic support?!

I saw that at the start as well and couldn't help laughing. I can only assume he doesn't quite get what it means.

I feel slightly sorry for Delia, he's come in and has to try and make a team out of dross like Ambrose, that Lennon left behind. He's barely a few games in and some of the media are calling for his head already :D I don't feel that sorry for him though - he's a Celtic manager after all!

Dundee should have won that game. Disappointing.

On a side note, I'd be amazed to see Griffiths loaned out tomorrow. Looked like Celtic's most potent attacking threat by a fair distance.

Celtic managers on the BBC saying Griffiths isn't going anywhere

If only Boyle had converted one of his chances or passed at crucial moments. Thought Stewart, McGinn, Ferry, McPake were all excellent. MacGowan and McAlister quieter. Will Tank ever score?

Were you at the game or did you watch on tv?

Because I thought McGowan was outstanding today the ground he covered he must have been knackered and the amount of times he broke up play in the middle of the park was unbelievable. Also thought Jim got through a lot of work that would have gone unnoticed on tv.

Thought tank was a bit better today and got stuck in just needs a goal.

The only player who was disappointed me was GGH.

Also impressed with Roberts with his pace he should be able to hurt a lot of teams if he can be consistent enough. Same with Boyle if he could just be a bit more composed in front of goal.

Thought Dundee played very well today. I was worried that at the start of the second half they had lost some of that spark they had in the first because they were under pressure, but as the game wore on they started to hit Celtic on the counter attack again and should have probably won it towards the end (some poor decision making by Boyle cost them the 3 points)

Celtic were poor. As someone previously said I don't know quite how we took 6 goals from them they look so lethargic and laboured. Quite a few of the players look like they can't be bothered, whether it be playing in the new system or playing for Deila.

The early season form from both Dundee sides is building nicely ahead of the derby doubler in a couple of weeks!

Says a lot about how far we've come that we're disappointed only taking a point from Celtic! They were a bit toothless upfront, especially first half. Looked a different team when Sparky came on, there's no way they they'll be loaning him out!

Boyle squares that chance late on and we win, it's as simple as that. Don't want to be too hard on him though, I think people forget he's still young. Looking forward to another couple of tough games coming up now!

The early season form from both Dundee sides is building nicely ahead of the derby doubler in a couple of weeks!

Obviously, United are clear favourites but I really think that the games can go either way. Both teams will be set-up to go forward and there will be a few heart stopping moments.

Were you at the game or did you watch on tv?

Because I thought McGowan was outstanding today the ground he covered he must have been knackered and the amount of times he broke up play in the middle of the park was unbelievable. Also thought Jim got through a lot of work that would have gone unnoticed on tv.

Thought tank was a bit better today and got stuck in just needs a goal.

The only player who was disappointed me was GGH.

Also impressed with Roberts with his pace he should be able to hurt a lot of teams if he can be consistent enough. Same with Boyle if he could just be a bit more composed in front of goal.

Not sure if it was the right kind of game for Harkins. In a 4231 where you see lots of the ball he is perfect but Dundee set out to hit Celtic on the break and he hasn't got that driving pace you would want in a midfielder for a system like that, plus defensively he is obviously never going to be getting up and down the park. He played pretty well but maybe Ferry might have been a better option?

Not sure if it was the right kind of game for Harkins. In a 4231 where you see lots of the ball he is perfect but Dundee set out to hit Celtic on the break and he hasn't got that driving pace you would want in a midfielder for a system like that, plus defensively he is obviously never going to be getting up and down the park. He played pretty well but maybe Ferry might have been a better option?

Agree with you there. Harkins was about the only player not putting in much of a shift defensively. Not really the kind of game he's effective in.

Harkins didn't do too badly defensively. He made a few bad judgement calls here and there but other than that he was fine. Think it was correct to start him even considering the way we were playing as he's a player that can spark an attack from absolutely nothing and you need that in games where you don't expect many chances. As it turns out though, Celtic are hopeless and we created quite a few without the need for some GGH style inspiration.

Archived