Dundee vs Celtic - 31/08/14

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we beat Celtic, which the way they're playing is feasible (Dundee United game aside) then that's Deila one step closer to the sack.

If Celtic win, it'll lead to inevitably more torture for the Celtic fans having to endure his management.

Think a similar line-up to the league games will destroy us as the balance will catch us out against a good team. I'd go:

Letheren

McGinn McPake Konrad Dyer

Davidson Thomson

Ferry McGowan Harkins

Stewart

Subs: Bain, Irvine, McAllister, MacDonald, Roberts, Wighton and Boyle.

Don't think we'll do that but don't think we should play more than one striker when we already have Harkins in the team who doesn't add anything defensively.

Think a similar line-up to the league games will destroy us as the balance will catch us out against a good team. I'd go:

Letheren

McGinn McPake Konrad Dyer

Davidson Thomson

Ferry McGowan Harkins

Stewart

Subs: Bain, Irvine, McAllister, MacDonald, Roberts, Wighton and Boyle.

Don't think we'll do that but don't think we should play more than one striker when we already have Harkins in the team who doesn't add anything defensively.

Ferry and Thomson as holders.

McGowan Harkins and McAlister.

Wighton up front.

Bearing in mind the opposition, I'd opt for the work rate of McAlister and feel that Tankulic is probably our best option in terms of a lone frontman.

Letheren; McGinn, Dyer, McPake, Konrad; Ferry, Thomson; McAlister, Harkins, McGowan; Tankulic.

Subs: MacDonald, Bain, Irvine, McBride, Stewart, Boyle, Wighton.

The fact that Davidson, Benedictus, Roberts, Riley or Kerr wouldn't even feature in my matchday squad, shows the strength in depth we possess this season.

Why is Davo playing? Thank you.

I can't see everyone being fit for this one but even if they were I'd keep Davo, bring in McAlister and drop out Harkins, Harkins on for McGowan second half. Wighton for Stewart second half as well. Defensively, Davo adds a bit of physical strength that could be useful in this game, certainly was able to "cope" with the Nade last night.

Archived