Motherwell vs St Johnstone - 30/08/14

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't think we've ever had so many good wingers.

Mind when Cleve Taylor and Jennifer MW were battling it out for the jersey?

Mind when Jamie McCluskey, David Weatherston and Willie McLaren were battling it out for the jersey?

Until he skins an entire Dundee team, then nonchalantly strokes the ball into the top corner, he will be Lappin.

Only after can he be called 'The Wizard'.

"The Rain Dance" is the single greatest goal I've seen.

post-45470-0-15412000-1409246913.gif

Mind when Jamie McCluskey, David Weatherston and Willie McLaren were battling it out for the jersey?

"The Rain Dance" is the single greatest goal I've seen.

bl8wf.gif

Oooft. I'd argue that all three of those were better than Cleve and JMW, or at least contributed more.

Oh well, while we're at it, KUDUS OYENUGA.

If Kyle's not already in a darkened room clutching his knees, that ought to do it.

Mind when Simon Donnolly, Lee Hardy and Colin Marshall were battling it out for the jersey?

Christ I shouldn't have looked that far back, a SUMMER SIGNING SPREE involving these three, Paul Lovering, Stuart Taylor, David Hannah and the irrepressible Sean Webb.

Mind when Simon Donnolly, Lee Hardy and Colin Marshall were battling it out for the same jersey?.

Donnelly was signed by Stark, played the 2003/04 season then left for Dunfermline. He was not there at the same time as Hardy or Marshall.

How's the Motherwell injury/suspension scenario looking at this stage?

Could see Lappin getting a start here. Wouldn't change too much from the team that beat Aberdeen but might bring him in in place of Wotherspoon. We have good options in the midfield area and if, as I expect, we go 4-5-1, most of the team picks itself:

Mannus

Mackay, Anderson, Scobbie, Easton

Brown, Macdonald, Millar

Croft, Maclean, Lappin.

You can really pick any two of Croft, Lappin, O'Halloran and Wotherspoon for the wide positions in the 4-5-1 formation and you wouldn't hear too many complaints.

That would leave Banks, Miller, Wright,0`Hallaron,Davidson,Caddis,Wotherspoon,Morgan,Graham,and Kane to fight it out for places on the bench. Quite a turn around in the last couple of weeks and still looking to bring 1more in !

Simon Donnelly was a good player but like so many of that Stark side, lacked heart.

Looking forward to seeing how Wright sets the team out on Saturday. Bit of optimism for this game, which is always ominous.

Not enough players have moves any more. You spent the first 30 minutes of every game waiting for the Jenkinson shuffle. Did it ever fail to work? One of many players who found out the grass wasn't always greener on leaving Perth.

Not enough players have moves any more. You spent the first 30 minutes of every game waiting for the Jenkinson shuffle. Did it ever fail to work? One of many players who found out the grass wasn't always greener on leaving Perth.

Certainly didn't fail very often in the first division. Helps when your that quick.

Seem to remember struggled bit more in the SPL though

There must be a generation of thirty-somethings playing amateur football in Perth who all they have in their locker is that little double step over and toe poke forward. One of my favourite Jenkinson memories was one of his final games for us at Tannadice. He was getting it tight from our fans then scored an absolutely beautiful volley from the corner of the box. He just turned and looked at our support, not dissimilar to the pose struck by Cantona when he scored the chip for United against Sunderland.

And of course he did this...

There must be a generation of thirty-somethings playing amateur football in Perth who all they have in their locker is that little double step over and toe poke forward. One of my favourite Jenkinson memories was one of his final games for us at Tannadice.

Sorry to interrupt your reminiscing guys but back to tomorrow's game - how many fans do you think Saints will bring to Fir Park? If you can give me an estimate, even a rough one, I'll be happy and you can go back to drooling over Saints past greats.

Sorry to interrupt your reminiscing guys but back to tomorrow's game - how many fans do you think Saints will bring to Fir Park? If you can give me an estimate, even a rough one, I'll be happy and you can go back to drooling over Saints past greats.

200-300 at most I'm afraid. I can see loads of people giving this one a miss as it has been a very expensive start to the season for us. This is my sacrifice game. Sorry :(

Certainly less than 500 I'd imagine but shouldn't be as low as it sometimes is west of the Castlecary Arches. Probably about 350-400? If this question determines what stand we get though, then the answer is more than the number of seats available to us in the Phil O'Donnell Stand!

#LetUsSitBehindTheGoal

200-300 at most I'm afraid. I can see loads of people giving this one a miss as it has been a very expensive start to the season for us.

That's the Sunday lunchtime, midweek, or meaningless range for me. Should be slightly more tomorrow with a good win last week, a couple of new signings and no game next weekend. Admittedly there's no rhyme or reason to our support at times though, so who knows.

Archived