Motherwell vs St Johnstone - 30/08/14

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've managed 2 shots on target in our last 3 matches. So we're currently averaging a shot on goal every two hours or so.

A goal might be asking for a bit too much at this moment in time.

We do seem to hump St Johnstone once a season we can always hope something clicks on Saturday

Hows Motherwells injuries looking?

IF you're still struggling for a team, we'll have to fancy ourselves. We'll need to be more clinical though. Biggest positive for me is that our players seem utterly determined to avenge any bad memory they have, so the pumpings we've had at Fir Park over the years will likely motivate them into a decent start, and once we get that we're sorted.

Would happily see us keep the same eleven as today, maybe bring in Lappin for Brown who I thought was a weak point yesterday (that'll likely cause a it of uproar, but the 15 mins before he was subbed he was all over the place, and another lax back pass almost cost us). You never know what TW will do though.

I also have this feeling Motherwell will pump us, we seemed to kick start our season yesterday, so it would be predictable if another team done the same to us in the very next game.

A wee bit harsh on Brown RG, although I've yet to see this guy live up to the hype he's been given.

I think he'll come good, and wasn't too upset with his performance yesterday.

Needs to cut out the pass backs though, I counted three yesterday that were a bit unnecessary and risky.

Good to see the young boy get his chance.

A wee bit harsh on Brown RG, although I've yet to see this guy live up to the hype he's been given.

I think he'll come good, and wasn't too upset with his performance yesterday.

Needs to cut out the pass backs though, I counted three yesterday that were a bit unnecessary and risky.

Good to see the young boy get his chance.

Overall he was neat and tidy, and does his job well, he also always wants the ball and isn't afraid to switch play. We've needed that IMO, our midfielders generally struggle to expand play and "skip a step", he's willing to ping the cross field balls. Anyway, he just seemed to lose track of the game as the tempo stepped up, and it looked like he started to panic a bit. The decision to take him off was the right one as he was going to cause us problems if he hadn't been.

Its too be expected though, Aberdeen swamp that area of the pitch and he's inexperienced. He'll learn from that and I wouldn't be adverse to starting him for this game, just think Lappins experience and ability to play on the left would be more useful due to the threat of Ainsworth

How's the Motherwell injury/suspension scenario looking at this stage?

Could see Lappin getting a start here. Wouldn't change too much from the team that beat Aberdeen but might bring him in in place of Wotherspoon. We have good options in the midfield area and if, as I expect, we go 4-5-1, most of the team picks itself:

Mannus

Mackay, Anderson, Scobbie, Easton

Brown, Macdonald, Millar

Croft, Maclean, Lappin.

You can really pick any two of Croft, Lappin, O'Halloran and Wotherspoon for the wide positions in the 4-5-1 formation and you wouldn't hear too many complaints.

How's the Motherwell injury/suspension scenario looking at this stage?

Could see Lappin getting a start here. Wouldn't change too much from the team that beat Aberdeen but might bring him in in place of Wotherspoon. We have good options in the midfield area and if, as I expect, we go 4-5-1, most of the team picks itself:

Mannus

Mackay, Anderson, Scobbie, Easton

Brown, Macdonald, Millar

Croft, Maclean, Lappin.

You can really pick any two of Croft, Lappin, O'Halloran and Wotherspoon for the wide positions in the 4-5-1 formation and you wouldn't hear too many complaints.

Don't think we've ever had so many good wingers.

Mind when Cleve Taylor and Jennifer MW were battling it out for the jersey?

Don't think we've ever had so many good wingers.

Mind when Cleve Taylor and Jennifer MW were battling it out for the jersey?

I'd almost blocked them out. You b*****d, monkfish.

I actually think we'll wind up seeing Lappin as much on the left of a midfield 3 as we will further forward. His left foot looks spellbinding though. We've finally found a replacement wizard, only this time he's Spanish.

I actually think we'll wind up seeing Lappin as much on the left of a midfield 3 as we will further forward. His left foot looks spellbinding though. We've finally found a replacement wizard, only this time he's Spanish.

Yeah and he's quicker!!

Plus that one ball he put in from the corner on Saturday was like a Sheerin of old!

Archived