Motherwell vs St Johnstone - 30/08/14

Tbf we could do with putting more balls in the box now. We didn't do it an awful lot last season and quite rightly so, cause we'd never win then anyway. Plus Graham isn't quite a big, useless lump, he's big sure, but I'll hold fire on useless for the minute. :lol:

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wasn't the greatest game of fitba I have ever witnessed but was a great result. Our defence looked pretty solid but we did not really create many clear cut chances and at times we were a wee bit pedestrian. Subbies all made an inpact though, and BG's header was a peach. Thought MacLean had one of his poorer games and got little out of the Well centre backs but his supply was not always good, Still looking for more from Spoony as well.

Overall great start with 9/15. Good time for a wee break before we take on the durty Dees.

COYS.

Oh and this Well are very poor compared to previous seasons..

Delighted for Graham. He had two fantastic seasons with us where, after the first half a year, the goals started coming in and didn't stop until he left. He was absolutely lethal inside the box for us, albeit the standard between the top tier (except for Hearts) and the second tier is huge, especially with defenders. I seriously hope it works out for him as he always came across as a class act when playing for us.

TBH neither side was up to much. We were marginally better than past few games, but that would be scarcely difficult.

Positives were the performance of O'Brien and Lawson did well enough. Injuries have really hampered our season and was our undoing at the goal. Ramsden attempt at a challenge was woeful, but he has not trained much if at all for 6 weeks.

The International break is much needed, but at the moment it is difficult to see great improvements around the corner. Right now battling for a top 6 place come May would be a dream outcome :(

Archived