Early impressions

We have been solid enough but seriously lack width. Teams have been getting down the side of us too often. Having said that, for the times we have been exposed, conceding only 2 goals both of which were screamers from 25 yards, were doing quite well at grinding it out. Still slightly disappointed not to have more points after the missed pen last week but at the same time our point at Inverness is looking more and more decent as time goes on. Happy enough as we have had a big turn over of players so we were never going to be as good as some of our fans thought, but at the same time were nowhere near as bad as some opposition fans on here made out.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have good players but just seem a bit stale at the moment and lacking a few ideas. We desperately need a left back as playing Hayes there really limits our attacking threat. Considine has never been a left back and is there because he's left footed, which is ludicrous.

McGinn needs dropped or preferably sold to some club down south and the money invested in a left back.

Just, no!

Cant see Hamilton going down, the grit and determination of our boys is amazing, hopefully a good cup run too.

You still have the weakest squad in the league, for what its worth. Your good start will come in handy later when confidence drops and poor results start appearing. If County continue to flail about like a wounded pigeon then you'll be safe by a margin though

You still have the weakest squad in the league, for what its worth. Your good start will come in handy later when confidence drops and poor results start appearing. If County continue to flail about like a wounded pigeon then you'll be safe by a margin though

weak as in numbers, the players we do have are good players at this level, if Celtic qualify for the champions league each club gets 120k, this could be uses to bring in 3 players which will add strength in depth, Imo we need a defender and a striker and maybe another winger, if we can add 2 or 3 in confident of avoiding relegation and hopefully pushing for a top 6 on the down side our players will be attracting attention south of the border.

weak as in numbers, the players we do have are good players at this level, if Celtic qualify for the champions league each club gets 120k, this could be uses to bring in 3 players which will add strength in depth, Imo we need a defender and a striker and maybe another winger, if we can add 2 or 3 in confident of avoiding relegation and hopefully pushing for a top 6 on the down side our players will be attracting attention south of the border.

Its not Football Manager, that £104k doesn't go instantly into your budget, it'll be used to help run the club and keep finances in check and probably won't impact at all on the playing side of things

Pleased with Utd's start to the season. Looked a tough start but 9 from 12 is a great return.

Few other observations;

• Hamilton look pretty decent
  • St Mirren have the fattest professional footballer (i) I can recall seeing
  • Aberdeen are not the nation's 'second force'
  • Dundee fail to check if their signings (ii) can actually play football
  • St Johnstone can survive the loss of May

(i) Ball, Callum

(ii) Tankulic, Luca

about where I thought we'd be, the fact we've been screwed by having just 2 injuries shows the lack of depth in the squad. Regarding other teams, surprised at how well Inverness and Hamilton have started and how poorly St Mirren and Motherwell have.

Pleased with Utd's start to the season. Looked a tough start but 9 from 12 is a great return.

Few other observations;

• Hamilton look pretty decent
  • St Mirren have the fattest professional footballer (i) I can recall seeing
  • Aberdeen are not the nation's 'second force'
  • Dundee fail to check if their signings (ii) can actually play football
  • St Johnstone can survive the loss of May

(i) Ball, Callum

(ii) Tankulic, Luca

Who is then?

Standard inconsistent and frustrating Thistle from last season. Defensive numbers are worrying seeing as we're now always an injury away from being ok at the back to an absolute shambles. Seaborne looked good when along with Balatoni so hoping he'll be back soon, although nobody seems to know why he missed Hamilton.

Of the rest Hamilton and Motherwell have been the only teams to truly surprise me. St Mirren will no doubt do the usual and come good in the latter half of the season. Rather they didn't though as would like at least one team rooted to the foot of the table and providing us with some cushion for our careless form.

Archived