I've been at 2 of Duns home games to have a look at the new ground... Duns v Berwick friendly, when they should really have beaten a fairly strong BRFC XI before being pegged-back at 2-2, and Duns v Eyemouth local derby, when they survived an early setback and could easily have won by something well beyond the 4-2 scoreline.

They still seem to have the core squad from recent seasons, but have complemented it with some useful additions. If he can stay fit, the return of Douglas Brydon from Berwick Rangers should also help them given his experience and ability, although he started neither of the games I've attended.

Finally, I've little doubt that the new stadium must act as a boost. Both as a motivation and feel-good factor, and more practically as the crowds have been sizeable and the surface is excellent.

With the stopgap of 8 teams in EOS1 this season and 2 promotion slots, there'll be a real scrap for promotion, which should be great for the league. Duns could be in that mix if they continue to perform as they've begun.

Money is the simple answer. Duns have decent sponsorship and brought in three or four lads on decent money by eos standard. Good luck to them I say at least they are showing ambition.

Money is definitely NOT the simple answer.

It is true that the club receive generous local sponsorship but it is untrue that these funds are used to pay players. Any cash the club receives goes towards day to day running costs combined with their ongoing development plan for future facilities.

Thanks for the good luck wishes though!

Money is the simple answer. Duns have decent sponsorship and brought in three or four lads on decent money by eos standard. Good luck to them I say at least they are showing ambition.

what a load of misinformed pish ha ha ha

Archived