Dalbeattie vs stirling

dal45

went to forth bank to watch this encounter, dalbeattie started off this game the brighter of the two teams, good work by Steele on the byline saw him cut back a ball to the edge of 18 yard box, where that man sloany hit a first time unstoppable strike into the top corner of the net. Continued like this till halftime. Second half saw the students having a lot more possession but not really creating anything to note, as dalbeattie were disciplined and had a good shape making hard to break down. Only when a simple pass back to hissy in goal, resulted in the keeper stopping the ball, and then crumpling to the ground in agony! Later to find out it was his ligaments, so as he is laying on the ground not being able to move with the ball still in play, Gibson had the simple task of collecting the ball and walking it into the empty net. A bit harsh and undeserved I would have said, the game was then played out with both teams having a couple of chances. But ending 1.1.

went to forth bank to watch this encounter, dalbeattie started off this game the brighter of the two teams, good work by Steele on the byline saw him cut back a ball to the edge of 18 yard box, where that man sloany hit a first time unstoppable strike into the top corner of the net. Continued like this till halftime. Second half saw the students having a lot more possession but not really creating anything to note, as dalbeattie were disciplined and had a good shape making hard to break down. Only when a simple pass back to hissy in goal, resulted in the keeper stopping the ball, and then crumpling to the ground in agony! Later to find out it was his ligaments, so as he is laying on the ground not being able to move with the ball still in play, Gibson had the simple task of collecting the ball and walking it into the empty net. A bit harsh and undeserved I would have said, the game was then played out with both teams having a couple of chances. But ending 1.1.

Bad injury- no luck that boy

Agree with Dalbeattie starting the brighter, brilliant goal to take the lead, Uni then had spell were they almost equalised, one shot of the post two efforts blocked, Geddes one on one with the keeper, goalie doing well. Did get spells of end to end football were both sides could have scored. Second half certainly not short on chances from both sides but Stirling, especially Chris Geddes was lacking the killer touch. Agree that the Stirling goal would never have been if it had not been for the keeper going down injured, but Geddes played to the whistle and rolled the ball in, nobody knew at that time how badly hurt the keeper was.I had a close up view being close by being stood close to the Dalbeattie goal. Ross while we were waiting for the ambulance was telling us about his previous knee injury,lets hope it turns out to be not as bad as its feared, don't like to see players badly injured. Please pass on our Best Wishes to him.

Overall though I was very impressed with Dalbeattie, will most certainly be challenging at the top, as for Stirling good to see some of our regulars back, a much improved performance than against Selkirk, created chances just need to stick some away.Will not be near the bottom for long on this showing.Both sides contributed to a really entertaining game of football.

According to the new lady coach at sufc in the paper today they should have won the game and had all 3 points. She is the only person that has gave me this view. Spoke to a few people who were at the game and they all said the same that Stirling couldn't break dbeattie down.

Archived