Cowden vs Rovers

Who did you have last weekend that wasn't playing this weekend due to injury?

John Armstrong and Kenny Adamson, plus Wedderburn went off after 30 minutes so more or less our defence. Sutherland was also out from the Alloa game but he only lasted 7 minutes of that anyway.

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

John Armstrong and Kenny Adamson, plus Wedderburn went off after 30 minutes so more or less our defence. Sutherland was also out from the Alloa game but he only lasted 7 minutes of that anyway.

We were missing Christian Nade, Craig Barr, Dougie Hill, and Kevin Cuthbert with also Calum Elliot only coming on in the last 10 mins due to the fact he's literally just back from injury after being out for a month..

All 5 of them are first team regulars. So we're in the same boat, if not being hit worse with injuries so for one of you to turn round and say we're roughly the same as Alloa is laughable when half our first team was out injured on Saturday and we still beat you just as comfortable as a full strength Alloa side did last weekend.

We were missing Christian Nade, Craig Barr, Dougie Hill, and Kevin Cuthbert with also Calum Elliot only coming on in the last 10 mins due to the fact he's literally just back from injury after being out for a month..

All 5 of them are first team regulars. So we're in the same boat, if not being hit worse with injuries so for one of you to turn round and say we're roughly the same as Alloa is laughable when half our first team was out injured on Saturday and we still beat you just as comfortable as a full strength Alloa side did last weekend.

Not to mention Ross Perry lasting ten minutes before hobbling off.

Your missing the point completely ? In your original post you said "fans who watch the team in bad times hoping things will improve are 'mad", in a reply to me saying "how can any fan complain about our siting in the league at the minute ? Absolute mad ..." Correct ?

Your implying i said something along the lines of anybody who wishes our quality of football would improve is mad, where I'm simply pointing out my original stance was that anyone who is moaning about our league position at the minute (despite whether we are playing Sunday pub league or Germany national styled football) is mad ....

Who's missing the point? The point's simple -you accused me of complaining about our league position, saying it was mad, and when asked for the evidence you come up with more waffle.

And theh usual arseholes who give prats like you brownie points for shite are as stupid as you.

Who's missing the point? The point's simple -you accused me of complaining about our league position, saying it was mad, and when asked for the evidence you come up with more waffle.

And theh usual arseholes who give prats like you brownie points for shite are as stupid as you.

You seem upset? :huh:

We've got 9 points from 12 so far, albeit we've played three part time teams. We'll see how we play against the likes of Queens, Falkirk and Livingston and then have a bit more insight.

Correct. 4/24 wins against full-time teams is the current rate. Against part-timers it's 6/13 over the same time span - which is still terrible, but it's clearly where we're doing better.

People seem happy to shrug their shoulders to a humping from Hearts/Dundee while praising the team to the heavens for beating part-timers. If we should 'expect' to lose to Hearts and Dundee, we should conversely 'expect' to beat part time teams. For the record we should 'expect' neihter - Hearts and Dundee are not world-class sides, they just spend a bit more than us - same applies to us against part-time teams.

It's been a good start to the league season, we'd all have gleefully taken 9/12 before a ball was kicked. The next couple of months are a real test though, and we need to up our game to improve on the dreadful 4/24 ratio.

I was answering your question asking who was missing from the Cowden side from the previous Saturday. I know fine well you had lots of injuries as well. I would say the side you had on Saturday was about the same standard as Alloa.

You have much more depth in your squad than Cowden. We lose two or three players and we are knackered.

I'm sorry but that is the biggest load of dross I've seen spewed in a long time ... We are Raith Rovers, not Bayern Munich or Real Madrid or Barcelona. We have 0 money, will probably NEVER pay a decent some of cash for a player again in our history and we definitely will not keep hold of a "good footballing" manager long enough to continue up the ladder and improve our "value for money" football.

Think about it, we somehow over a season or so end up playing great 1 touch, quick passing and moving, counter attacking football and start to do well in the league, an SPL club or English lower end club takes our Manager/Key Players and its back to square one ... Myself as a fan, i go to watch Raith as its part of how I've been brought up. A Saturday at Starks is all I've knew since back when we where actually in the SPL and its all i would ever want to know.

I've sat through the "Glory Era", the Anelka crap, watched us almost go the route of Sevco and everything in between, but i went then and continue to go as the club is a part of me.

Yes i hope one day we can actually be more than just your "average Championship club", yes the football is poor more often than not, yes it does sometimes have standards similar to Sunday pub leagues and yes i would absolutely love us to be one of the top footballing teams in the country ... But I'm also not deluded and know this has a 1% chance of happening and that's fine ... We are 4 games in, 9/12 points picked up, losing only to a Hearts team have have annihilated everyone and we are currently joint second in the League ... The cup runs have been horrendous and not acceptable at all, but how can any fan complain about our siting in the league at the minute ? Absolute mad ...

Good post some of the Cowden fans forget who we are as well!

Correct. 4/24 wins against full-time teams is the current rate. Against part-timers it's 6/13 over the same time span - which is still terrible, but it's clearly where we're doing better.

People seem happy to shrug their shoulders to a humping from Hearts/Dundee while praising the team to the heavens for beating part-timers. If we should 'expect' to lose to Hearts and Dundee, we should conversely 'expect' to beat part time teams. For the record we should 'expect' neihter - Hearts and Dundee are not world-class sides, they just spend a bit more than us - same applies to us against part-time teams.

It's been a good start to the league season, we'd all have gleefully taken 9/12 before a ball was kicked. The next couple of months are a real test though, and we need to up our game to improve on the dreadful 4/24 ratio.

this

Archived