Dumbarton v Livingston 30/8/14

That's fair to say. No offence, I just meant you fought through during our spells and yeah when you had the ball you played well. I still think we were the better side but you can only judge a team on goals and we never took our chances.

Fair point to make. Opinions are just what they are. Got to remember we have been absolutely dire thus far so to see us play remotely like the team we were last season is such a huge relief and I'm sure 90% of our support will be absolutely delighted tonight. The other 10% are the ones who will never be happy...

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dumbarton completely shut us out for the last 20 minutes or so, we just couldn't get past with the final ball to get through on goal, and we ran out of ideas how to break them down. Up till then I'd say it was as much down to us fecking up not being able to score.

The last 5 mins just before Dumbarton scored I was just hoping we'd get a point, up till then I was scunnered at not having all 3 wrapped up.

Yep can't begrudge Dumbarton their win, they had a spell in the closing minutes where they looked threatening and you could see the goal coming. We didn't put it away when we were on top and paid the price. Everything else is ifs and buts.

Only thing that cheered me up was Falkirk and Hibs getting humped to keep them below us.

Fair point to make. Opinions are just what they are. Got to remember we have been absolutely dire thus far so to see us play remotely like the team we were last season is such a huge relief and I'm sure 90% of our support will be absolutely delighted tonight. The other 10% are the ones who will never be happy...

Agree with the 10% - the moaners, even when we're winning handsomely. Unfortunately, about 5% of them sit near my seat.

Oh, and apologies for giving a red dot for your post.......tried to hit the green one but on an IPad. I Greenied two other posts to make up.

The introduction of Kane at the break completely changed the dynamics if the game. Rather than the ball into the static feet if Nish with back to goal we had angled balls in behind the Livi defence for Kane and the hardworking Fleming to get onto. Both caused Livi problems throughout the second half, particularly with Kane's pace. He always manages to win something from almost every situation. What a boost it is to have him back at the Rock.

Exactly this. It was one of those balls that Fordyce had to clear for the corner that led to the winner - lad behind me slated Fordyce saying it was a needless clearance, I thought it was the right thing to do at the time. It was clever running from Kane, something he did the whole second half - Kanes running caused Gallagher and Fordyce no end of bother.

Compare that with our aimless punts forward, and it's night and day. Our deliveries were atrocious, in particular from set pieces, although that's always the same from us. We insist on these high floated deliveries to the back post, and never drive it into the near.

Agree with the 10% - the moaners, even when we're winning handsomely. Unfortunately, about 5% of them sit near my seat.

Oh, and apologies for giving a red dot for your post.......tried to hit the green one but on an IPad. I Greenied two other posts to make up.

5% of 10% ? That'll be 0.5% which equates on our average crowd to about three :lol:

That's fair to say. No offence, I just meant you fought through during our spells and yeah when you had the ball you played well. I still think we were the better side but you can only judge a team on goals and we never took our chances.

you were clearly the better team in the 1st half, but have to say I didn't think our goal was really threatened apart from one move where you cut us open and really should have scored. I have to say, despite all your possession, we actually made the clearer goal attempts

2nd half, the game was much more open, and to be fair, either team could have won that game.2nd half was pretty entertaining. Kane clearly made the difference for us, and we would have scored more apart from some excellent goalkeeping

nice also to see a clearly emotional Prunty saying his goodbyes before kickoff

On the balance of the 90 minutes a draw would have been a fair result. However goals win games and we just couldn't find the net while Sons did. It's always sore to lose so late in the game but we did similar to QoS during the week. That's fitba though.

On the balance of the 90 minutes a draw would have been a fair result. However goals win games and we just couldn't find the net while Sons did. It's always sore to lose so late in the game but we did similar to QoS during the week. That's fitba though.

Was thinking that on the way home, now I know how the QoS fans felt when we scored two ET goals to beat them in both cups.

Thinking about it now I think McGlynn made a couple of tactical errors, the first bringing Ogleby on for the whole 45 mins when he hasn't had a game to sharpen up since his injury, Hippolyte would've been the better option, and giving Ogleby 15/20 mins game time near the end to get a bit of match fitness.

Secondly I think taking Glen off was a mistake, Ogleby was having a mare so it should've been him that was subbed, may have hurt his ego being subbed after coming on as a sub but feck it, no place for sentiment in football. For me Glen provides the link up play between midfield and attack, and it may be coincidental that we lost our way for the last 20 mins in the final third, but imo it was because Glen went off.

Both teams were poor in the first half. Livingston were better than we were, but that's not really saying much. Neither team played with any urgency and the game was threatening to be criminally underwhelming.

2nd half? Completely different game.

Both teams played with a higher tempo. Both were more direct. Both created chance. As the 2nd half went on, we actually went from looking hopeless to looking like the better side and the end result was entirely justified based on the 90 minutes. Livi didn't do enough in front of goal in the first half despite dominating the game. We evened things up at the start of the 2nd and made more of the game as the half progressed.

A few poor performances but I thought Andy Graham and Scott Taggart played well. Our 2 central midfielders came onto a game in the 2nd half and Gils was his usual self. Fleming's work rate was great until he was subbed and Campbell looked more dangerous in his short spell on the park than Megginson had all game. Kane's performance since being introduced caused Livi no end of trouble.

Just need to keep that 2nd half performance going for the next few games now.

Yeah, I thought Megginson was the only player who didn't really get pass marks today. Thought he was dreadful and was hoping when Archie came on, he would be the one going off and not Garry. Mitch isn't a bad player, but needs to find the form we saw last season or he may be dropped again soon.

Linton coped well at RB, despite it being blatantly obvious he has no right foot on more than one occasion.

Why did Russell leave Livi? always guaranteed to score against us lol

Said that at the game yesterday, where's Iain Russell when you need him, apparently he was scoring a goal at Ibrox.

We cut our wages and let him go, brilliant decision, same with Toni Andreu. Prob would've made the top 4 last season if we'd kept both of them.

Archived