Dumbarton v Livingston 30/8/14

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A gate of two subs. We brought on Ogleby, who was torture, and Sons brought on Kane, who was outstanding. He was probably my man of the match, even though he only played 45 minutes.

Our delivery from set pieces continues to be horrendous.

definitely a game of 2 halves. We were pretty poor in the 1st half half, though, we actually made the best chances. Not sure of the wind affected that though

2nd half....was surprised Murray took Nish off, but Kane made a huge difference.....was able to hold the ball up and took his goal really well

Thought Livi's keeper had a great game and actually denied us a few more

pleased to be off the mark

A gate of two subs. We brought on Ogleby, who was torture, and Sons brought on Kane, who was outstanding. He was probably my man of the match, even though he only played 45 minutes.

Our delivery from set pieces continues to be horrendous.

was Ogleby your number 11? he the boy that was at Hearts? he was awful....couldn't control a ball to save himself, and actually tripped over the ball a few times

was Ogleby your number 11? he the boy that was at Hearts? he was awful....couldn't control a ball to save himself, and actually tripped over the ball a few times

Number 9 was Ogleby. Number 11 was Hippolyte.

Pleasing to finally beat Livingston at home. Worth the win on the balance of play. Thought we struggled against the wind but Livi didn't really create as much as they could have. Kane did make a difference. He was almost unplayable at times when he had the ball at his feet. Surprised we took Nish off and actually thought when we took Garry off for Archie that the chance of winning might have been gone. But they never gave up (like last season!!) and got our reward in the end.

Onwards and upwards ????

Hopefully Fleming and Kane will be our first choice strikeforce this season, they linked up well today whilst Nish deserved to be hooked at half time as he was very poor.

Like MacDonald he played some decent balls down the line to Kane and showed a calm touch under pressure in defence.

We rode our luck a few times today. Livi's no 18 should have buried his chance. Rogers had his best game no doubt. Good to see Chris Turner having a good game and Andy Graham probably just shaded it over him for MOM.

I've seen Garry Fleming play better but he never gives up and I'm sure an extended run in the team would sharpen his game. As for Kane, he was inspirational and had he been on for the 90 mins we may have won by a bigger margin.

The railway sleeper missed two great chances in the first half which Kane would IMHO have buried.

Good luck to Bryan Prunty at Airdrie....

Archived