Hearts v Falkirk

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed. Ironic that any Hearts fan would have a problem with our take on MacDonald's actions, given that the very same principle is the root of the problem Hearts fans had (still have?) with Pressley when he went to Celtic. Which was a real slap in the face of course.

Elvis was applauded by the majority of fans before kick off and finished the game by giving it a GIRFUY gesture to the support that had backed him previously.

Jamie discreetly applauded the Hearts fans.

There's a massive difference. If He'd come out doing cartwheels and singing the Hearts song I'd see your point. He couldn't have been any more subdued.

We're getting into semantics here. Aye, absolutely there's a massive difference. Not debating that Pressley's situation was much more extreme/provocative/whatever. Ex captain, years of service, Riccarton 3 etc etc, I get that. The (only) point was that Falkirk's new GK shouldn't really be applauding the opposition fans after he's lost a goal, discreetly or otherwise.

Edit to add - DURING the game.

All he did, that I saw was put a straight arm up at about shoulder height after the hearts fans had been signing his name for a bit. Couldn't have been more subtle/respectful, he didn't applaud during the game just a very subtle subdue wave. Hardly a hanging offence. It's not like Falkirk and hearts are big rivals. If we played Dundee Utd in the cup and Gomis gave a wee wave to the Utd fans I doubt and hearts fans would get too upset.

All he did, that I saw was put a straight arm up at about shoulder height after the hearts fans had been signing his name for a bit. Couldn't have been more subtle/respectful, he didn't applaud during the game just a very subtle subdue wave. Hardly a hanging offence. It's not like Falkirk and hearts are big rivals. If we played Dundee Utd in the cup and Gomis gave a wee wave to the Utd fans I doubt and hearts fans would get too upset.

Spot on

Archived