Hearts v Falkirk

And the first goal at Montrose, also from a cross.

How can u criticise a keeper whom will win you games all season long? He's playing at a small club in comparison to Hearts I would have him back at Number 1 at Hearts any day of the week.

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hearts the best team we've played by a mile, but strength in depth might be a problem.

I've seen a lot of people say this, but I think one of the best things about this squad is the strength in depth, especially if we manage to sign Lewis Toshney (or someone similar to cover right-back).

I'd guess our intended first choice eleven (not necessarily according to current form) is:

Alexander

Paterson Ozturk Wilson Eckersley

King Buaben Gomis Nicholson

El Hassnaoui Sow

Which would also leave us with:

Gallacher

Toshney* McKay McGhee McHattie

D. Smith Holt Robinson Walker

Carrick Keatings

* - if we manage to sign him.

That second team is surely good enough to be in the promotion play-off mix. Obviously you'd never end up with a situation where that XI would get on the pitch but it demonstrates that we've got decent depth, particularly from midfield to front. The only area I'd be really concerned about losing a player is at centre-back.

I think a lot of the questions over our depth were raised after the Livingston match, but of the 22 players I've named there, only 5 played in that match and they were all from the "second" eleven.

I've seen a lot of people say this, but I think one of the best things about this squad is the strength in depth, especially if we manage to sign Lewis Toshney (or someone similar to cover right-back).

I'd guess our intended first choice eleven (not necessarily according to current form) is:

Alexander

Paterson Ozturk Wilson Eckersley

King Buaben Gomis Nicholson

El Hassnaoui Sow

Which would also leave us with:

Gallacher

Toshney* McKay McGhee McHattie

D. Smith Holt Robinson Walker

Carrick Keatings

* - if we manage to sign him.

That second team is surely good enough to be in the promotion play-off mix. Obviously you'd never end up with a situation where that XI would get on the pitch but it demonstrates that we've got decent depth, particularly from midfield to front. The only area I'd be really concerned about losing a player is at centre-back.

I think a lot of the questions over our depth were raised after the Livingston match, but of the 22 players I've named there, only 5 played in that match and they were all from the "second" eleven.

Since when was McHattie not first choice left back? Has been playing well this season. Would be harsh to drop him in favour of someone you haven't even seen.

Since when was McHattie not first choice left back? Has been playing well this season. Would be harsh to drop him in favour of someone you haven't even seen.

I'm not suggesting we drop him. I wouldn't be dropping Keatings now either. If you read the second sentence you'll see it's what I reckon Neilson has in his head as the first eleven when everyone is fit and available. It would be odd to sign a player with a decent pedigree like Eckersley's and then not play him when we could have signed a Danny Grainger type journeyman or some left-footed equivalent of Lewis Toshney to cover McHattie.

Anyway, it's largely irrelevant to my overall point.

2nd team in what sense? Cause were gonna win the league. Falkirk are of no comparison.

2nd in terms of last time you won a league for starters. Falkirk's was 2005. Since then you've managed to win the odd cup and bankrupt a few thousand Lithuanian pensioners, but apart from that?

2nd in terms of last time you won a league for starters. Falkirk's was 2005. Since then you've managed to win the odd cup and bankrupt a few thousand Lithuanian pensioners, but apart from that?

:lol:

Youre not counting winning the first Division when Hearts were in the SPL as a one up are you? Even worse is you belittle two Scottish cup wins in the process.

:lol:

Youre not counting winning the first Division when Hearts were in the SPL as a one up are you? Even worse is you belittle two Scottish cup wins in the process.

:ph34r: Aye but they were against Gretna and Hibs ffs.. :whistle

I'm not expecting MacDonald to wipe his arse with a Hearts top in the centre of the pitch but there's a time and a place for him to 'acknowledge' the home support. Waving to them after he's just conceded a goal and applauding them immediately following a total pumping isn't right.

Agreed. Ironic that any Hearts fan would have a problem with our take on MacDonald's actions, given that the very same principle is the root of the problem Hearts fans had (still have?) with Pressley when he went to Celtic. Which was a real slap in the face of course.

Archived