Hearts v Falkirk

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay Jamie pal, why did you not choose top flight teams with a lot more money than Falkirk?

It's pretty well documented he turned down a deal from Kilmarnock, it was even in the evening news a couple of days ago in an interview with him.

I assume he turned it down as he's not long had a kid and is settled in Edinburgh.

As for calling me Jamie..great bantz mate.

Waved to the home support when they asked for a wave in the first half shortly after the first goal and then applauded all home stands at the end of the game when the sponsors gave him MOTM.

Not sure that Jamie covered himself in glory for our opener, but then cross balls were never his strong point - apart from that, he seemed to play very well.

It's very rare for a player from the opposition to given a man of the match award at Tynecastle - a lot of Hearts fans think a lot of Jamie.

Surprised to see you reacting this way.

I suppose we've got to get this into some sort of perspective.

Given our record at Cowdenbeath it wouldn't have been totally beyond belief if we had only 1 or maybe even 0 points at this stage. For the glass half full folk having 4 will be a bonus so we really need to go with that, try to take the positives and build on them.

I wasn't at the game yesterday so can't personally comment however it sounds like McDonald had a very good game and Sibbald did ok. I also think that McCracken and Dick have been very good so far over all and we know that Loy and Alston are up to it. Obviously Houstie needs to be given some funds to make some key signings. The Board will know that yea??

When Crunchie played for Hibs and acknowledged the Falkirk fans when they showed him respect, was that wrong too?

You're asking the wrong people. Ask the Hibs fans what they thought of their player bumming up the opposition fans.

Macdonald's a good keeper but I''d rather McGovern had stayed tbh.

Jamie was with Hearts his entire career, he is a Scottish Cup winning legend. Of course he was going to get applause and of course he was going to show a bit of respect back. Section G were at him the whole game to swing on the bar. If he had done that you'd have every right to be seething. :lol:

He also showed Falkirk plenty of respect with about 4 or 5 very good saves.

He did swing on the bar. Just before the 1st penalty was taken.

Enjoyed that yesterday. Playing some really good stuff. Billy King is just as good as Nicholson IMO.

Still not sure of Ozturk as a centre half tho.

I think he's showing great potential for a young guy with very little first team experience. Like the way he is willing to take the ball on himself if there are no options, think his positional sense is very good and he seems to be forming a good partnership with Wilson.

He isn't used to the physical side of things yet, but that'll come.

I think he's going to be brilliant for us.

He's similar age and experience to Brad McKay, look at it that way ...

I'm not expecting MacDonald to wipe his arse with a Hearts top in the centre of the pitch but there's a time and a place for him to 'acknowledge' the home support. Waving to them after he's just conceded a goal and applauding them immediately following a total pumping isn't right.

WTF was the man of the match award for? A pathetic patronising pat on the head. Hearts were phenomenal yesterday, why did it not go to King or Nicholson?

The impression I'm getting is that a few Jambos think that Falkirk should know their place and let them get on with it.

The impression I'm getting is that a few Jambos think that Falkirk should know their place and let them get on with it.

I think you're right.

It's irritating when fans of a club that's a bit bigger than your own, carry on in such a way, isn't it?

I'm not expecting MacDonald to wipe his arse with a Hearts top in the centre of the pitch but there's a time and a place for him to 'acknowledge' the home support. Waving to them after he's just conceded a goal and applauding them immediately following a total pumping isn't right.

WTF was the man of the match award for? A pathetic patronising pat on the head. Hearts were phenomenal yesterday, why did it not go to King or Nicholson?

Actually there were 3 MOTM awards the match sponsors went for Gomis, the match ball sponsors went for King. Jamie was named man of the match by that days "Club ambassadors" one of whom was Henry Smith. I didn't catch the name of the other but I think he may have been a former keeper too.

It's pretty well documented he turned down a deal from Kilmarnock, it was even in the evening news a couple of days ago in an interview with him.

I assume he turned it down as he's not long had a kid and is settled in Edinburgh.

As for calling me Jamie..great bantz mate.

Turned it down due to not getting guaranteed first team football is what he told Falkirk TV. He was guaranteed a game in the second tier with us. He wouldn't even be guaranteed a game with your lot.

No doubt he is probably the best keeper we could have got to replace McGovern though, but he's miles behind him.

Archived