Hearts v Falkirk

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's fair enough if Falkirk fans want to give Jamie shit for acknowledging that he used to play for us.

It's beyond weird if they're blaming him saying hello for the four goals we papped in.

It would be if they were; but they're not, as far as I can see.

Good old storm in a teacup. I think you'd struggle to find a dozen Bairns who were genuinely bothered by McDonald acknowledging the supporters of his previous club.

Well, i thought Hearts were pretty unplayable first half, the passing and movement were superb but most impressive for me was the pressing. We didnt allow falkirk time to play. I thought keatings couldve had five today but jamma had a good game.

Second half we took our foot off the pedal, Buabens red card from my angle was just daft regardless of whether he played the ball. My problem is that the Falkirk player made a two footed challenge ten minutes before and got off with a yellow, bit of inconsistency from the ref imo.

I thought falkirk would be better but maybe that was because Hearts were good.

We were well beaten, no complaints about the result but I can understand folk being pissed off at one of our players running around all smiles and applauding the opposition fans before, during and after the game.

Jamie was with Hearts his entire career, he is a Scottish Cup winning legend. Of course he was going to get applause and of course he was going to show a bit of respect back. Section G were at him the whole game to swing on the bar. If he had done that you'd have every right to be seething. :lol:

He also showed Falkirk plenty of respect with about 4 or 5 very good saves.

I personally don't see why some of our fans are so raging at Macdonald. He was at hearts his entire career so he had every right to acknowledge their fans. He applauded the Falkirk fans after the game too not just the hearts fans like is being made out. I don't think it's right that he is being blamed for the first goal or any goal for that matter if it wasn't for him we would have lost that game easily by 7 or 8.

As for the other 10 players on the pitch, our defending was woeful today, McCracken wasn't at his usual best like he was against the Rangers or Hibs. Maybury should never have pulled the boy down for the first pen as it was obvious the lad was miles quicker than him. The sooner Duffie is fit again the better IMO. Our midfield was a bit ropey but I think that is due to the loss of Mcgrandles. However, I think Sibbald took on that role alright. Loy was chasing scraps all day and needs to be playing up front alongside someone. I would play Botti from the start against QoS cause the next few games are the games we need to be winning in order to have any hope of play offs. Hopefully be able to get a wee run together too.

All in all a bad day at the office but the current team needs strengthening in several areas. The sooner this happens the better..

I'm not entirely bothered about MacDonald waving to the Hearts fans. He was our best player on the day but that says more about the team than him. He's nowhere near as good as McGovern though, hence why he's playing at the higher level.

That would make sense if Jamie never had any offers from the premiership but he did, he just didn't choose them.

Can you just imagine the Hearts fans' rage if someone like Michael Stewart, when playing for Hearts, was waving to Hibs fans when 4-0 down and giving them a wave as they sung his name.

100% the same.

Archived