Rangers v Queen of the South

Should be a good game, same team as yesterday. Peralta deserves a run of games to prove himself, he's our only player that can hit a decent cross/deadball. Templeton can be brilliant at times but we've been saying this for 2 seasons now. He either gets it together or he should go.

What is certain is that big Boydy will score, him and wee Clark look class together.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah, that makes sense. I missed that at the time. He's not the first ignorant OF roaster to make that mistake and won't be the last. I remember being mocked by a Celtic fan when I lived in Glasgow, because Queens Park happened to be losing at half-time one Saturday. I was genuinely baffled until I was able to tap into the idiotic mind set.

Is this one you are deciding to attend?

Looking at the players we have out at the moment & additional ones who are already carrying knocks, I have a horrible feeling a drubbing is on the cards, hope I am wrong.

Sure you'll be wrong!

QoS are a strong pact team going forward and will test Rangers the midfield is certainly an area of concern with so msny key members out but sm sure the boys that come in will give there all snd our defence has been pretty solid this season again, so all in all I am looking forward to a good attacking QoS team having s go at Moshni etc.

QoS team line up who knows the back 4 and goalie pick themselves the other six will depend on fitness.

Looking at the players we have out at the moment & additional ones who are already carrying knocks, I have a horrible feeling a drubbing is on the cards, hope I am wrong.

We couldn't give a poor Queens Park a drubbing!

Not particularly looking forward to this one, £19 to be stuck in a wee corner in a half empty stadium, terrible football almost guaranteed, half a team injured or suspended and having to visit the Govan area in general really.

Rangers 3-0 QOS

:(

I don't think there could be a worse time for us to have this fixture. The injury list makes grim reading and is pretty annoying considering the time of the season. The defence could have a hard time on Saturday and it's not down to the class of opponent unfortunately. I wouldn't be confident of a result if we were away to Alloa or Raith tomorrow either. Would be happy with a point which really hurts me to say, as I think that Rangers team is easily there for the taking. Hopefully we have our squad in better shape for the game at Palmerston and can give a likely better account of ourselves.

You never know though, maybe Kev USA can pull out all the stops tomorrow. Would love to see him play the game of his life and boss midfield tomorrow after such early optimism. I can't really see it though, I think inexperience will be our downfall tomorrow. I can't make it due to a wedding tomorrow but will be listening to it on the radio. What's the frequency for open all mics, anyone?

ETA. I don't think I've used the word "tomorrow" as many times in a post in my life :unsure2:

Is this one you are deciding to attend?

Yes.

I don't tend to get to many away games - you're right.

I'm prepared to make an exception for visiting this particular happy hunting ground though. We have a 100% record at Ibrox, stretching back over more than three decades.

Yes. I don't tend to get to many away games - you're right. I'm prepared to make an exception for visiting this particular happy hunting ground though. We have a 100% record at Ibrox, stretching back over more than three decades.

And how many times have you played there in the 3 decades?

Should be a good game and i am paying little heed to the doom and gloom merchants from QoS. We have heard it all before.

And how many times have you played there in the 3 decades?

Should be a good game and i am paying little heed to the doom and gloom merchants from QoS. We have heard it all before.

To be fair we have seven players ruled out tomorrow and doubts over at least another couple. Six of the seven are midfielders so we're seriously weakened in that area of the park. We're capable of playing a bit of football and hopefully won't be overawed at Ibrox having succeeded there so recently but there is a real fear we might get over-run in the middle of the park and we'll have a bench full of teenagers in the event of any injuries on the day.

Interestingly, despite having won there almost exactly two years ago, there won't be all that many involved tomorrow who played in that game. The team that won on penalties at Ibrox in 2012 was:

Robinson, McGuffie, Holt, Durnan, Higgins, Young, Mitchell, Carmichael, Gibson, Clark and Reilly

Subs Used: Lyle and Orsi. Unused: Atkinson, Black and Johnston

Of that group only Holt, Durnan, Higgins, Carmichael, Lyle, and maybe Reilly are likely to feature tomorrow + Atkinson is still sub keeper. Mitchell is injured and the other 8 have moved on, two of them to Rangers.

It's been a while since an injury crisis this bad and it seems to be almost entirely midfielders. I'm heading up with even less hope than the last time when Rangers had some sort of aura about them. It might be a sitting back and hoping to get them on the counter job.

As someone said earlier I wouldn't be confident going into this one if it was Cowdenbeath.

Being underdogs might do the players good with no real pressure on them.

The best game I have seen Dzierzawski play for us was at Tynecastle last season. So there is hope. No idea who's going to play alongside him though! Time to unleash Splatters?

It will certainly be very interesting to see the Queens line up for this one. Of course the back 5 picks itself, but from there on...who knows, and added to that, the tiredness from the Cup game at Livingston will also have taken it's toll on those players who were already carrying knocks. On the plus side, unbeaten in the league so far, and yet to lose a match in 90 minutes, but it will have been a tremendous effort by all concerned if those stats are still true at 4-45 tomorrow.

We have a 100% record at Ibrox, stretching back over more than three decades.

Could you provide evidence of that?

I could only find a match at Ibrox in 2012 which ended 2-2 and the match before that was a 2-0 win for Rangers in 1963/1964.

(It wouldn't be a 100% record anyway in my opinion as although Queen of the South won the Challenge Cup game on penalties it doesn't qualify as "100%")

Archived