Selkirk win again

Selkirk for ever

4 1 was not at the game got this flue bug but got news from my daughter Vale had two guys sent of in the last 10 min she said dirty b........... Can't remember the last time we won 5 games in a row Garry keeps up his record scored in every game he has played for us well done boys

You could be right think Selkirk could do well we are at home we have a good team this year and could surprise a few

I think I'll pop down via the Glory Hole for it.

No far to walk anyway. Plus I'm not driving through to Dumbarton.

I saw Selkirk v Peebles Rovers last week and wasn't overly impressed with them.

However, that's a good away win today, against, more or less, a full strength Vale.

Early signs are good, and I think they will be nearer the top than the bottom, come end of season

Good to see selkirk doing well. But a quick glance at the table tells me they've won three but all against the bottom 3 with a draw against the team fifth bottom.

Having said that you can only beat who you play so Wednesday should be a good test. It's also good to see some of the lesser fancied teams push towards the top of the table- apparently change is good!

Certainly a great start from Selkirk... last season the idea of winning 4 out of 5 would have been ridiculous.

I saw from Selkirk's social media that Yannis Lamghari has returned to France "for family reasons" with the implication that it'll be some time until he's back if he's ever back. That's a blow, I'd imagine - I think there were big hopes of him being an important player this season?

Selkrik are generally known by many outside the Lowland League as the team Stirling Albion duffed up 20-0 in the Scottish Cup 30 years ago but they're starting to become a decent side at Lowland League level. Good to see a side make progress. I'm sure Selkirk would like a chance to get revenge on Stiriling Albion too!

• 2 weeks later...
Good to see selkirk doing well. But a quick glance at the table tells me they've won three but all against the bottom 3 with a draw against the team fifth bottom.

Wrote this a week or so ago. Has the bubble burst? Have they been unlucky? Or has the quality of opposition stepped up considerably of late?

Unless you where still the 3 games, it does read bad. Against city selkirk competed, edinburgh where more clinical in front of goal, capitalising on 3mistakes by selkirk. On Saturday., selkirk chucked a 2 goal lead away. Tonight selkirk matched spartans in first half, looked dangerous going forward but nothing in final 3rd.

Nope. He started the city and spartans games and was suspended for the broom hill one. Which is where the goals were scored. Granted that there seems to be a difference between the quality of city and spartans compared to broom hill and the others he has scored against.

Big Mikey Bruce was on his Gaz's case last night, job completed.

But talk about a difference in just a few days, ok Cloudie was back, which has to be a massive lift for all of us Spartans. But Sammy must have had a few words after Saturdays match. OK we were at home last night but to be honest it's hardly been fortress Ainslie Park so far this season eh.

It was a joy to behold watching that display last night & hopefully the tv highlights package (tonight) will show just how much better than last Saturday we played.

Sellkirk are much better like everyone says, they've already neaten their points tally from last season. Good luck to them, they played good football but came up against our best performance of the season so far, it showed what we are capable of & what more we can bring,

Johnny Grant & Grinchy were solid in the middle, both contenders for man of the match, just wait 'til you see them.

Sivey & Brucey tremendous at the heart of the defence in front of Swainy, who was terrific when called in to action, with Gazza & Hovie in wing-back roles it must be a nightmare for the opponents.

Willie Bremner on last nights form was more than superb, lots of goals & goal scoring chances for his team mates in that lad.

Errol was far more effective too, getting stuck in, great to see. Beezer was unlucky, on a few occasions but great to watch him turn midfielders & defenders inside out.

Cloudie, 1 word legend, nuff said.

Moose, Beacher & Danny came on to liven up proceedings later on in the 2nd 1/2. Beacher showed just what a force he's going to be when he's fully match fit.

Tommo was there on the bench with Donal & Gilps, still looking forward to seeing Tommo get some match time soon. Good to see Loco at pitchside too, cheering the boys on, great eam spirit in the camp. I almost feel sorry for the Welfare on Saturday. It's a shame I'm not going to be there, I wish Craigth was back with his videos.

Highlights & happy songs will be back later.

Grimbo

Archived