23/8/14 ... Whitehill Welfare v Gretna 2008

Rab B Nesbit

I enjoyed yesterdays game, a good game of football, First half i felt we didn't perform to the best of our abilities even though we did miss several chances 3 of which seemed to flash past the far post and i didn't think it was going to be our day. With regards to the penalty i was right in front of it and thought it was a clear pen, people saying it was soft and he could have ridden the challenge? The guy put his leg out and didnt get the ball, johnny went over, it happens at every level of football and you rarely get anyone who would not go down. A draw was definately a fair result and certainly a good point for ourselves.I thought also that the officials ruined the game a bit though. The female official on the far side seemed to have a decent game but the one on our side was a joke, was never up with play to make a big decision and if your being critical of gretna's pen i could be critical of whitehill's goal which was borderline offside imo but the lino was as usual behind play. In regards to Rome's sending off that summed up the officials day, Stuart chasing the lino up the line? Give me a break, he never left his technical area, all i saw was him asking the linesman and i quote "what the f**k was that" It was his reputation that got him sent off for me.

So yer right in front of the penalty incident yet ye can hear yer manager from his technical area from your position quote "what the f**k was that" ?

Must have been quite a voiciferous quote from your position or was he close enough to you to be out the area. :D

officials get grief all the time sounds like he's been caught out for dissent then ?

Personally dont think the linesman would know of any reputation especially after a few seasons away.

Anyways a good game,good luck for rest of season,onwards to gala midweek are ye coming up for a spy ?

Archived