Results

Took this game in today as a neutral, Lochar won comfortably with Nithsdale being pretty poor. Nithsdale played the first half with a lad up top who looked as if he was injured, he certainly was struggling to get about. He was replaced at half time and the lad that replaced him seemed to be even less mobile.

Was also dissapointed with the Nithsdale coaches and subs, all they seemed interested in was finding out the scores from the Scottish league games, some of the time they weren't even facing the pitch. Maybe it's time to get their priorities right?

Although well beat Nithsdale kept going and but for some poor decisions by the ref might have made the scoreline closer. He missed a clear hand ball in the Lochar box and also missed a Lochar sub having a sly kick at a Nithsdale player off the ball, if either ref or linesman had seen it surely a red card would have been shown, I've no idea what was going through the Lochar subs mind. The ref also sent the Nithsdale CH off when I thought a yellow should've been shown.

Think Lochar had more in hand and seemed to coast for the last 20 min, if needed I'm sure they would've got out of second gear. Although not a great game you only get 3 points for a win regardless of how you do it and that's what they're doing.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lochar cruised the majority of the match, thought they played well against what was in front of them, just goes to show how far they've come in short space of time. See a lot of potential in the squad, young centre looks promising and core group of friends makes you think they'll be there abouts competing at end of season/cups

Took this game in today as a neutral, Lochar won comfortably with Nithsdale being pretty poor. Nithsdale played the first half with a lad up top who looked as if he was injured, he certainly was struggling to get about. He was replaced at half time and the lad that replaced him seemed to be even less mobile.

Was also dissapointed with the Nithsdale coaches and subs, all they seemed interested in was finding out the scores from the Scottish league games, some of the time they weren't even facing the pitch. Maybe it's time to get their priorities right?

Although well beat Nithsdale kept going and but for some poor decisions by the ref might have made the scoreline closer. He missed a clear hand ball in the Lochar box and also missed a Lochar sub having a sly kick at a Nithsdale player off the ball, if either ref or linesman had seen it surely a red card would have been shown, I've no idea what was going through the Lochar subs mind. The ref also sent the Nithsdale CH off when I thought a yellow should've been shown.

Think Lochar had more in hand and seemed to coast for the last 20 min, if needed I'm sure they would've got out of second gear. Although not a great game you only get 3 points for a win regardless of how you do it and that's what they're doing.

heard from a friend that it's not a happy camp ,no training gear or anything out to the warm up today like a group of lads who had been randomly picked up off the street embarrassing didn't come close

Was up at maxwellton high today and although Lochar didn't look to be at their best they were by far the best team.

First thing of real note was it seemed the nithsdale bench were more interested than trying to take the mickey out of Lochar number 10. Every time he done something wrong there were sly comments from nithsdale bench. Embarrassing if you ask me.

Lochar were 1-0 up going into half time and scored two quick goals just before the half time whistle. One of them a superb 40 yard strike from the number 10. Game over.

Second half nithsdale were with the wind but didn't really cause any problems apart from the two goals which were very fortunate.

As for the boy that got sent off for the dale.......boy would be better taking up dominos. Absolute clown.

Overall.....Lochar won game at a canter. Nithsdale huffed and puffed but didn't really threaten.

Watched uppers match and if they can play like that all season they will cause teams problems,Saints missed a few chances mainly Roman and will need to up there game for Lochar,IMO a draw would have been a fair result.

Nithsdale do have running out tops, they were left in changing rooms before the team left. I dont think the coaches would be interested in other scores, that would be wee tommy, he likes a gamble!

If the coaches weren't interested in other scores why were they asking about them? Plenty of time after the game has finished to find out how their coupons have fared.

Was up at maxwellton high today and although Lochar didn't look to be at their best they were by far the best team.

First thing of real note was it seemed the nithsdale bench were more interested than trying to take the mickey out of Lochar number 10. Every time he done something wrong there were sly comments from nithsdale bench. Embarrassing if you ask me.

Lochar were 1-0 up going into half time and scored two quick goals just before the half time whistle. One of them a superb 40 yard strike from the number 10. Game over.

Second half nithsdale were with the wind but didn't really cause any problems apart from the two goals which were very fortunate.

As for the boy that got sent off for the dale.......boy would be better taking up dominos. Absolute clown.

Overall.....Lochar won game at a canter. Nithsdale huffed and puffed but didn't really threaten.

Going by your reply I take it you had the same view as the ref when the Lochar sub had an off the ball kick at the Nithsdale player, absolute clown would indeed be an apt description for him.

Nithsdale do have running out tops, they were left in changing rooms before the team left. I dont think the coaches would be interested in other scores, that would be wee tommy, he likes a gamble!

yes I have saw the running out tops and they are very smart I believe most of the moaning coming from several of the players was regarding "training gear" i.e. T-shirts,sweatshirts ,shorts etc

Lochars best player was kelloholms martin milne. Average defence that wasnt tested in 1st half. Right back was a boy off the street who loved himself. Ginger headed boy good touches and passing. Cant wait to watch rematch up in sanquhar

agree with that, ginger haired boy lacked pace but had all the other attributes to be a top class player. As for the right back that loved himself he was the worst player on the park by a county mile, struggling to make simple passes and panicked everytime he had the ball. How he plays for a team that is top of the table if beyond me

nithsdale didnt have a team or manager 3 weeks before the season started, thats why there still waiting on new tracksuits etc, main thing was fielding a team.

but the players seeing all of this will surely turn things around from now on.

there are alot of young boys in the team who will learn through time, sooner the better anyway.

yes am sure it was paul weir, he was just giving out what he got, last time he played against lochar he ended up in hospital with a broken jaw believed to be from the elbow of drugsy??

I didn't see the incident on Saturday but it looked to me that the nithsdale players were quite happy to dish out the rough challenges etc. but couldn't handle it when Lochar gave back as good as they got. It's a mans game.

Also one of the Lochar players told me after the game that just prior to the nithsdale player being shown red, the said player was walking about saying he would be 'letting elbows fly'.

Disgusting.

Archived