Berwick v Shire

The biggest worry is Tullochs non appearance at Morton. Didn't read any reason from the club.

A dozen or more trying to get in the 6 places further up the pitch so we can cope with injuries there.

Really looking forward to this. We should have enough to beat Shire and hopefully can convert possession into goals.

Decent weather forecast too, and the prospect of some scrumptious pints of Whitbread Tankard in The Curfew.

Looking forward to it too. Shire's excellent win against Elgin should wipe out any complacency on our part - it'll be a tough match but if we can replicate Tuesday night's superb 90 minute performance, we should take all 3 points.

Cameron, Maxwell & Notman were outstanding v Morton, who we played off the park at times. It'll be interesting to see if Tulloch (think he may have been rested cos he's injury prone?) and Paul Currie return to the starting line-up. Dean Hoskins did well at centre half until McManus ripped us a new one in extra time. Also thought Craig Dargo looked like he'll give us something different. He was sharp on Tuesday night and linked play well with the midfield, as well as earning us the last minute penalty. Darren Lavery is shouldering the heavy work up front on his own - Dalziel (good off the bench on Tuesday) or Dargo can help spread the load a bit.

And now for some shameless advertising:Shire fans - you'll be very welcome in the new Curfew micropub, opposite the Magna Tandoori in Bridge Street.4 cask ales in top nick, good selection of craft bottled beers, and Foreman's pork pies. The Berwick fans who come in are relatively civilised.

Razor Bill said :-

And now for some shameless advertising:Shire fans - you'll be very welcome in the new Curfew micropub, opposite the Magna Tandoori in Bridge Street.4 cask ales in top nick, good selection of craft bottled beers, and Foreman's pork pies. The Berwick fans who come in are relatively civilised.

He's not wrong. Treat yourselves.

Great result, obviously.

Against Arbroath 2 weeks ago we should have been 4 up at half time, but scored just one. Today it was also 1-0 at half time but it was much closer with an energetic Shire pressing high up the pitch and with bundles of energy.

A brilliant strike by Lee Currie after falling on his arse was the difference. In the 2nd, another great strike from Cameron allowed us to play with a bit more confidence.

Lavery and DL scored another 2 quality goals before Fairbairn got a more regulation 5th.

Jacobs MOM for me in an unfamiliar left back role, and a reassuring 45 minutes at right back by Ben Miller.

Shirtless Shire fans unlikely to last 90 minutes come winter.

Hold the press........Football Fans In Noise Making Shock!!!

A post elsewhere criticised our stewards for allowing the shirtless pissheads not just to stand among the home fans, but also to threaten them.

That's not for the 1st time in the years since the ducket fence was removed. There's no way I wouldn't react if one of these morons threatened me. Sooner or later it is bound to kick off. The club have been warned!!!

Noise, abuse, shite songs, morons,pasty white skin and horribly ugly flabby male tits are all just about OK by me. Just stay in your own end fellas.

I'm surprised too. Shire fans usually some of the noisiest but best.

BUT I don't think these were your regular Shire fans. Pissed up geordies some of them - do your lot normally display a "Durham ES" flag?

I'm surprised too. Shire fans usually some of the noisiest but best.

BUT I don't think these were your regular Shire fans. Pissed up geordies some of them - do your lot normally display a "Durham ES" flag?

Was at the game yesterday and never heard any threats. By the lot that were there I would be very surprised if there was.

And going in among some home fans isn't to cause shite, it was just to get nearer the goal we're shooting into, we do it at every ground.

Edit: About the Durham flag - it usually only turns up at games like Berwick and Annan, i've only ever seen it there anyway.

Are Shire fans boycotting P&B or something?

Excellent performance from us on the back of a gruelling Tuesday night at Cappielow. Slowish start but we were always in control during the first half, though chances were few and far between. Lee Currie's stunning opener was the highlight of the opening 45, and had something of the "..and now for my next trick" about it, executing a half-tackle followed by a stumble then unleashing a bullet of a shot in off the bar from 30 yards.

Shire came out fighting in the second period, led by their impressive number 9 (Wright?), who never stopped harassing our defence. We got away with it with Currie's inadvertent header off his own bar, and a couple of crosses flashed dangerously across goal without the final touch being applied. After a shaky 15 minutes we got to grips with the game and Cameron's goal was another peach, killing off Shire into the bargain.Lavery's superb solo effort was just reward for another hard working shift as the lone striker, while Dargo showed his class to make Dazzler's tap-in look easy. Fairbairn's header fro the 5th was routine by comparison with the quality goals that had gone before. Bolo's red was a nonsense, barely even a booking, but the ref had made his mind up as soon as Willis hit the deck and instead of taking a few seconds to decide on what action to take he left himself with nowehere to go. Happens too many times in our division, with Colin Steven the arch-exponent of the hasty decision.

We played some good stuff again on Saturday, the wobble at the start of the 2nd half excepted. I doubt there's a more technically accomplished team in the league and we're scoring goals from all positions - 9 different scorers in the league after 3 games.

Agree with Redcar - thought Jacobs was back to his best on Saturday. Hoskins was also very accomplished again covering for Tulloch, while David Gold probably had his best game for us too. Reminds me of a footballing storm petrel, the way he skitters across the park.On to Clyde on Saturday, which will be a tougher match altogether, though we're in form, playing well and scoring goals. Our bench also looks a lot stronger than the last couple of seasons and Dargo gives us a craft & nous that we've been missing up top for years. It'll be interesting to see if Barry Ferguson pulls his boots on for this one - war of the veterans.

You're correct Razor Bill, our No.9 was Max Wright.

I never heard any threats or abuse etc from any Shire fans as far as I'm aware. I was in the collection of Shire fans that moved beside the Berwick fans purely because we were nearer the goal we were shooting into. I kept my shirt on but never heard anything untoward. The only threat I made was to jump in the Tweed with a boulder attached to me if it went to 6 lolol.

No need to panic YET. However, including the cups, we have played 5 games, conceded 21 goals and scored only 4. Next week we are away to an East Fife side who have still to get off the mark. Getting beat isn't the main thing, but if East Fife run away with victory, then we will seriously need to question if some of the lads are good enough to play at this level (even though I support them and believe that they are at least trying their best).

Craig Tully's management is meant to be more entertaining due to being more attacking but 4 goals in 5 games isn't great. I think that we need to concentrate on defending. John Coughlin was more defence minded though for a club like ours it suits us. We have the smallest budget, therefore, we are operating at who we can afford. As such, we might be picking players on willingness and enthusiasm over hardcore ability. Unless we can get a set of strong-as-an-ox defence and midfield who have a fantastic ability to read games, then tightening up things at the back would be the best way forward. It bothers me to see embarrassing defeats to start off the season, especially vs the local rivals.

For example, I have season tickets for the Shire and Glasgow Warriors. With the Glasgow Warriors, I expect us to win EVERY. SINGLE. MATCH. However, as a passionate Shire fan, I realise that we need to have a deal of understanding and patience. It annoys me when fellow Shire fans ring the alarm bells needlessly. It's still very early days. I appreciate as well though that Tulls, who was a great club servant, wants to implement his own way of doing things. As a Shire fan, I'll back him to the hilt.

However, we just have to pick ourselves up and cheer on the lads and see what happens, which is what I'll be doing through in Methil on Sat.

EASE UP SHIRE!!

Btw, I always love my trips to Berwick. Great walk over the Royal Tweed bridge in one of the UK's most historical towns. Also, my other half lived for many years in the Duns/Melrose, so it's quite entertaining to see my local team against her 'local' team.

I wasn't at the game on Saturday either, great result though. I'm surprised Shire fans aren't little more concerned though. Townsley and Bolo are still two of the division's better centre halfs. Coughlin may be defensive as f**k, but they'd never conceed that many in so few games under him.

Archived