UK Crash Map

The BBC and the Police have issued a map of where fatal crashes occured between 1999 and 2010. I was surprised how many deaths there have been on the roads but when you look in detail it's difficult to see any overall black spots. OK, there's a bit of a Bermuda Triangle between Whitburn and Bathgate but if you live in Glasgow you won't live more than a quarter of a mile from a dot. There doesn't seem to be any overall pattern. You might see it differently.

Funnily enough, the other day I was driving up Graham's Road in Falkirk and had a flashback to driving past the scene of an accident a good few years ago while coming home from my ex's house, in which a motorcyclist lost his life. Looking at this crash map would put that in August 2002. Didn't realise it was that long ago.

No it doesn't, only around Aberdeen. Thank the Lord everyone who died on the A9 or A82 are saved!

When I zoom in to Inverness I get at the top

"From 1999-2010 306 people died on the roads in Highland local authority"

Found them.

BBC not entirely sure where the Highlands are evidently.

Edit: You are also of course correct, if you ignore that they put half the information out at sea, when you zoom in you do eventually get it.

post-14733-0-43492600-1408705365_thumb.j

Found them.

Edit: You are also of course correct, if you ignore that they put half the information out at sea, when you zoom in you do eventually get it.

I saw one in Bristol where a pedestrian died in an accident. On the M32 :unsure:

Guest The Phoenix

There are quite a few in south Wales, you would think they would drive more Caerphilly in the knowledge that it was a black spot.

Too busy concentrating on saying cheese when they drive past a speed camera.

Found them.

thats quite a crash if you land there.

Archived