Marymass Trophy

irvinevalley

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Victoria done the fans and the club proud, absolutely great performance and they should've won. Goal disallowed for Bobby Colligan at 1-1 when he was behind the ball. But anyway, what a performance and unlucky.

Irvine Vics were the better side first half by far, second half Meadow came out strong but Vics found their way back into it to equalise near the end.

Come on the Victoria.

Your 'young team' owe us a new advertising board.

943? Very good. Maybe a bit naive here but why is it so highly attended?

Sent from my i

Because of the marymass tradition of folk that couldn't give two shits about either club throughout the year claiming to be 'Vics/Medda til they die' for a night

Went along to this tonight and it was a great game. The Vics really should have won the game imo. They looked vulnerable to cross balls all night which cost them the win. The front pairing for Vics were excellent and torchered the Medda backline all game. The dissallowed goal for vics was a strange one. I wasnt at the best angle but it looked like it was hard for him to be offside.

Great entertainment and well worth the fiver. I think if the Vics added a towering centre half to that team they would be a real force in the super first.

By the end of the game Meadow had two midfielders and Twaddle playing in defence. I thought we were fine going forward but couldn't cope with Ablohr (sp) pace anf their dodgy penalties. Hope to see Staunton, Buchanan, Evans in our back four. Were all missed tonight.

Great game for the neutral and was a good laugh after the game in the club. Good times and ill have some two day hangover tomorrow. Gadz.

I did notice that but let's be honest, it was hanging on to the railing by cable ties, they cost at most £2, I'm sure you can spare that.

Depends on how many concessions they were :P

900 out of 943 like last year :lol:?

I did notice that but let's be honest, it was hanging on to the railing by cable ties, they cost at most £2, I'm sure you can spare that.

doesn't matter how much it costs or how it was put up. There's no need for them to vandalise property.

doesn't matter how much it costs or how it was put up. There's no need for them to vandalise property.

It happened by them running towards the railing and getting pushed down n one slipped n took it down, completely accidental.

Until you know what completely happened, don't comment.

It happened by them running towards the railing and getting pushed down n one slipped n took it down, completely accidental.

Until you know what completely happened, don't comment.

Fair enough but then they were kicking it onto the pitch after the accident. Anyway was a great game for the neutral and hope your 'fans' start turning up in same numbers at your league games. Your strikers will cause a lot of defenses problems in the league.

Got to say that was one of the best Marymass games in a long time,in total contrast to last year's grim affair. It wasn't full flowing football but it had everything that you want in a game. Both sets of supporters and all the neutrals in the 943 attendance got value for their fiver. Also got to add what a brilliant atmosphere. Both young teams were vocal throughout and us auld yins were hoarse singing along with them. The banter before and after the game down the town was excellent. Roll on next year, when hopefully the vics will be playing in the same league as our neighbours.

Archived