This weeks odds (Or Ladbrokes non odds)

superbigal

Tomorrow's games are a bit unusual in that top teams aren't playing each other, and neither are lower teams. But how do you take any bets on, say, Deveronvale v Fort William if you don't offer a handicap? There's next to zero chance of the result being other than a Vale win, and 1/5 isn't going to tempt anyone, unless they bundle it into a suicidally large accumulator. The bet is on the goal margin surely?

It would surprise you the number of punters who will back sides at those odds.

This week especially the best backed teams are Fraserburgh and Deveronvale with punters thinking they are certs so they can almost have a single.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It works surprise you the number of punters who will back sides at those odds.

This week especially the best backed teams are Fraserburgh and Deveronvale with punters thinking they are certs so they can almost have a single.

I can understand that, a tenner gets £12.86 back on McBookies. I probably don't take gambling seriously enough. The odd double on Fort William drawing with Buckie and Clach winning away at Inverurie, both at 8-1 I think, £2.50 > £200, last year made up for lots of equally daft losing bets, plus a couple of other decent wins. For a hobby punter, expecting to lose most Weekends but with the chance of an occasional largish win to cover the losses, HL betting this season without handicaps is pointless. As the season progresses hopefully things will change, and tomorrow is a unusual fixture list.

I can understand that, a tenner gets £12.86 back on McBookies. I probably don't take gambling seriously enough. The odd double on Fort William drawing with Buckie and Clach winning away at Inverurie, both at 8-1 I think, £2.50 > £200, last year made up for lots of equally daft losing bets, plus a couple of other decent wins. For a hobby punter, expecting to lose most Weekends but with the chance of an occasional largish win to cover the losses, HL betting this season without handicaps is pointless. As the season progresses hopefully things will change, and tomorrow is a unusual fixture list.

Never trust a man who doesn't take gambling seriously and claims to be a hobby punter but can't write "tomorrow is an unusual fixture list"

Not to mention the use of the capital letter in weekend!

http://www.paddypower.com/football/football-matches/scottish-matches

Paddy Power are back and accepting singles and doubles. (Albeit restricted I believe)

Could not resist Dundee Violet at a crazy 13/5 to beat Arniston at home. May not land but Violet should have won at Tayport in a game I saw. They then thumped Bathgate and last week were extremely unlucky losing at title favourites St Andrews.

Also Tayport are 13/5 to win at Glenrothes. If this had been the first game of the season they would have been odds on. All of their much depleted squad that were suspended are back today. Again may not land but odds are wrong.

Good luck punters.

Archived