Another Hamilton youngster goes on ! Burnley 5 mil bid for Mccarth

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm pretty sure all of Hamilton's players from McCarthy/MacArthur era where actually products of the Clyde youth system. Most where pinched by the then directors on the takeover of Hamilton. I could be totally wrong but I don't think I am. So in theory Clyde deserve all the credit from the OP. Also Brian Easton, Bob Harris to add to Craig Bryson, Gordon Greer, James McCarthy and James MacArthur.

I'm pretty sure all of Hamilton's players from McCarthy/MacArthur era where actually products of the Clyde youth system. Most where pinched by the then directors on the takeover of Hamilton. I could be totally wrong but I don't think I am. So in theory Clyde deserve all the credit from the OP. Also Brian Easton, Bob Harris to add to Craig Bryson, Gordon Greer, James McCarthy and James MacArthur.

You are correct. My wee cousin moved from Clyde to Hamilton when he was about 12/13 maybe, and is roughly same age as McCarthy

You are correct. My wee cousin moved from Clyde to Hamilton when he was about 12/13 maybe, and is roughly same age as McCarthy

It was around 2004 I'm sure. Clyde had a highly thought of group of u19 players to step up to first team at the time. And the u17s included Easton, Harris, MacArthur etc. McCarthy was in the u15s if I remember correctly. Hamilton came and took the whole youth set up as it was McDonald and Maitland who set it all up with Billy Reid. With Reid following the youth set up and then blooding all these players. The highly thought of u19 set up couldn't move as had all turned pro and would have required a fee. Hamilton prospered and Clyde faded away.

It was around 2004 I'm sure. Clyde had a highly thought of group of u19 players to step up to first team at the time. And the u17s included Easton, Harris, MacArthur etc. McCarthy was in the u15s if I remember correctly. Hamilton came and took the whole youth set up as it was McDonald and Maitland who set it all up with Billy Reid. With Reid following the youth set up and then blooding all these players. The highly thought of u19 set up couldn't move as had all turned pro and would have required a fee. Hamilton prospered and Clyde faded away.

yeh am sure mccarthy started off at celtic who let him go :1eye he they went 2 livi and ended up with us,

yeh am sure mccarthy started off at celtic who let him go :1eye he they went 2 livi and ended up with us,

He never played for Celtic at any level, he was a fan of the club, but failed trials so tried his luck further down the ladder.

up you st mirren and thistle !!!

ea

sy win for accies

last min even sweeter haaahaaa

Points of order:

1. A most articulate statement indeed

2. Who is ea?

3. Good for sy

4. Is it aye

5. You're a pishy radge and so is yer da

Archived