Football Manager 2015

KilliePie

Lucky you. I struggle to find the time. Plus I got rid of my PC.

Mini me is 5 in a week and tends to prefer to do his own thing rather than anything else other than when we're going out to do something.

I also don't have him all the time so that helps.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ended up moving up a league midway through the season to Port Vale, which ended in utter disaster. Had no budget and the players were god fucking awful, so I resigned before I could be sacked.

New season, ended up at Dumbarton who were in League 1. Loaned a good regen (at the level) from Celtic, who are my parent club, and a player each from United and Rangers.

Was having a decent, but not great season (in 3rd or 4th, about in line with board expectations) until Nigel Hasselbaink showed up. Coinciding with a wee change in tactic, won the final 7 games on the spin to pip Queen's Park to the title :thumsup2

Oh, in the Scottish Premiership, the past two titles have been won by St Mirren (managed by Gary Teale :lol::lol::lol: ) and most recently, Dundee United (managed by Eoin Jess) :thumsup2

Oh, and Samuel Eto'o is playing for St Mirren, and is this season's top scorer. :blink:

I never got round to buying FM15 when it came out, but I've got Tesco vouchers burning a hole in my pocket.

One quick question - are the Highland League and Lowland League playable in FM15 from the start? Or has anyone created a database/edit that manages to make them playable and have the playoffs with the SPFL working properly?

I never got round to buying FM15 when it came out, but I've got Tesco vouchers burning a hole in my pocket.

One quick question - are the Highland League and Lowland League playable in FM15 from the start? Or has anyone created a database/edit that manages to make them playable and have the playoffs with the SPFL working properly?

I put a link up a couple pages back.

Never really looked at the Steam workshop, how does it work? Do you just download stuff off it then its there for you to select when you start a new game?

Used to download the databases and megapacks off Sort it out SI a few years back but couldn't be bothered with getting the new packs for every new game and have completely forgot how to do it.

What's the deal with this ?

Basically kits for the 3D match engine. Works better for un-licensed clubs like those in the Premier League since they've just got generic.

Hahah.

The two players that are available are a bit shit so I'll wait until nearer the window shutting to have another look. Normally a lot more players available.

Anyone managed in Norway, Iceland, or Finland?

Is it better to start in Jan 2014 or Jan 2015? Or does it not matter?

Afaik there's an issue with competition set ups when the game is started in 2015.

Possibly worth starting in Jan 2014 on the 15.1 database so you get Odegaard if you manage Stromgodset.

I put a link up a couple pages back.

Cheers - a few of the comments on that download page reckon that the Pyramid Playoff doesn't work properly - that even if the Lowland League club wins the semi-final, the Highland League club always goes on to play in the final against the bottom club from the SPFL.

I don't suppose you've noticed if that's been fixed?

Afaik there's an issue with competition set ups when the game is started in 2015.

Possibly worth starting in Jan 2014 on the 15.1 database so you get Odegaard if you manage Stromgodset.

Cheers - just as well I started in 2014.

I just went with the default database. Strømgodset are strolling the league without Ødegaard as it is, and I didn't fancy giving them the inevitable £5m+ heroin shot with the sale of Ødegaard :lol: maybe that's cheating a little.

Went with Start - predicted to finish 13th, board wanted mid table; currently 4th about a third of the way through season one. Finances aren't great, so it'll be a nice challenge to see if I can keep this up.

There are some absolute under 100k young talent steals from the Tippeligaen and the first division in Norway, if anyone is in need of transfer inspiration.

Cheers - a few of the comments on that download page reckon that the Pyramid Playoff doesn't work properly - that even if the Lowland League club wins the semi-final, the Highland League club always goes on to play in the final against the bottom club from the SPFL.

I don't suppose you've noticed if that's been fixed?

Can't say I've tried a save with it.

post-6423-0-75343400-1432938832_thumb.jp

Only a injury time equaliser for Inter at the San Siro stops me from 3/3 in this "Group of death".

Talking of Ronny Deila, he has failed to get his Celtic side into the top 3 since becoming manager. It is now 2018. And he still has the manager's job. Bizarre.

As for myself, after getting unfairly sacked by St. Johnstone after 8 months, I then secured safety with Alloa in the Championship during my second season as a manager. I then finished 4th during my next season in charge. I beat 3rd-place Raith in the first play-off round. Dundee were my opponents in the next round. I beat them at home, but they eventually won narrowly over the two legs. I was offered the Kilmarnock job, currently in the same league as Alloa. I decided to stick with Alloa but had a pretty diabolical start to the season and decided that I probably couldn't take them much further.

I resigned while my stock was still relatively high, as I was attracting interest from some big clubs (in comparison to Alloa anyway). I was eventually invited to an interview with Burnley and got offered the job shortly after. So I've finally made my big step-up to England. St. Johnstone will probably be crying themselves to sleep now. p***ks.

When I took over, Burnley were 21st in the English Championship. In order to keep the job, I must finish in the top half. I'm currently 16th and only two points below the top half. Still plenty to play for. I remain confident of our chances.

Archived