Football Manager 2015

KilliePie

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got this for Christmas. I've spent hours on the game, and literally haven't played a competitive fixture yet. :lol:

Played a handful of friendlies, though, and because I've spent an ungodly amount of time setting up my coaching side of things/hunting for players, I've got a cracking side set up to start the season. No less than 3 1/2 stars on every single coaching attribute, a great Assistant Manager (Joe McLaughlin, who's stats are unbelievably good considering I signed him on a 5 year deal at about £200 a week!) a cracking Head of Youth Development and (hopefully) some great transfer business. Pleasantly surprised to see Thistle predicted to be 7th in the league - not sure if the two are linked, but the starting budget was better than I'm used to, £28k p/w for wages and £100k for transfers.

Won't go into all the specifics here - because of the way player attributes are now displayed in the scouting (a range, rather than exact values for each attribute it took a bit of time for me to be happy with the transfer dealings. Roughly, they were as follows;

In:

Rory Donnelly - was outstanding in last year's version, have had him earmarked for when I started on this since he scored 24 goals on loan to Aberdeen in last years version in the first season, and was great when I signed him later on after tha. Signed for £60k from Swansea on about £2k per week. The biggest signing so far, but as in real life striker is a position that Thistle aren't great in, so if he's anything like last years (and his stats are pretty much the same) he's going to be very, very good indeed.

Malik Fathi - Can't quite believe I've got him! About £1.5k per week on a three year deal. Fills a left back position that Thistle are weak in in real life. 2 caps for World Champions Germany, and he's only 30.

Alen Hallilovic - related to the Halilovic at Barcelona. Young, but got him on trial and he was rated at 4 star potential, so snapped him up.

Jamie Watt - goalkeeper, previously on amateur forms at iirc Willem Zwei in Holland.

Jordan Robertson - striker, ex sheff utd and has played in Scotland for a handful of clubs before. Again, had him last year and he was great. Although, when I signed him, Inverness and St Johnstone made loan offers which I took the piss with - Inverness offered a seasons loan, 100% of his wages AND £15k per month! Sadly the move collapsed because they couldn't afford it.

Kamel Chergui - attacking midfielder. Again - great on last years version.

Matthias Lepiller - AMLC. Not had him on last years, but his technicals are all very, very good, as are his mentals. Not sure if he's got the physicals to cut it, but I think he'll be a good addition.

OUT:

Christie Elliot - Port Vale, about £55k

Aaron Muirhead - Hamilton, about £100k

James Craigen - Motherwell, about £80k

Total overhaul of staff as well - main one I suppose is that Brian Laudrup is my u-19 manager, due to his high working with youngsters and broad scouting knowledge of a few countries.

I had to edit the database slightly the first time I started - had a quick look at Thistle's squad at the start and Frederic Frans wasn't there. Not having that! Edited it and re-started. Thankfully the first thing I did was check to see everyone was there, would have been a ballsache if I hadn't noticed until I'd already started setting up my coaching and signing players.

Also - kept clicking Home by accident, because it's where the back arrow used to be. Took a bit of getting used to.

Got this for Christmas. I've spent hours on the game, and literally haven't played a competitive fixture yet. :lol:

Played a handful of friendlies, though, and because I've spent an ungodly amount of time setting up my coaching side of things/hunting for players, I've got a cracking side set up to start the season. No less than 3 1/2 stars on every single coaching attribute, a great Assistant Manager (Joe McLaughlin, who's stats are unbelievably good considering I signed him on a 5 year deal at about £200 a week!) a cracking Head of Youth Development and (hopefully) some great transfer business. Pleasantly surprised to see Thistle predicted to be 7th in the league - not sure if the two are linked, but the starting budget was better than I'm used to, £28k p/w for wages and £100k for transfers.

Won't go into all the specifics here - because of the way player attributes are now displayed in the scouting (a range, rather than exact values for each attribute it took a bit of time for me to be happy with the transfer dealings. Roughly, they were as follows;

In:

Rory Donnelly - was outstanding in last year's version, have had him earmarked for when I started on this since he scored 24 goals on loan to Aberdeen in last years version in the first season, and was great when I signed him later on after tha. Signed for £60k from Swansea on about £2k per week. The biggest signing so far, but as in real life striker is a position that Thistle aren't great in, so if he's anything like last years (and his stats are pretty much the same) he's going to be very, very good indeed.

Malik Fathi - Can't quite believe I've got him! About £1.5k per week on a three year deal. Fills a left back position that Thistle are weak in in real life. 2 caps for World Champions Germany, and he's only 30.

Alen Hallilovic - related to the Halilovic at Barcelona. Young, but got him on trial and he was rated at 4 star potential, so snapped him up.

Jamie Watt - goalkeeper, previously on amateur forms at iirc Willem Zwei in Holland.

Jordan Robertson - striker, ex sheff utd and has played in Scotland for a handful of clubs before. Again, had him last year and he was great. Although, when I signed him, Inverness and St Johnstone made loan offers which I took the piss with - Inverness offered a seasons loan, 100% of his wages AND £15k per month! Sadly the move collapsed because they couldn't afford it.

Kamel Chergui - attacking midfielder. Again - great on last years version.

Matthias Lepiller - AMLC. Not had him on last years, but his technicals are all very, very good, as are his mentals. Not sure if he's got the physicals to cut it, but I think he'll be a good addition.

OUT:

Total overhaul of staff as well - main one I suppose is that Brian Laudrup is my u-19 manager, due to his high working with youngsters and broad scouting knowledge of a few countries.

I had to edit the database slightly the first time I started - had a quick look at Thistle's squad at the start and Frederic Frans wasn't there. Not having that! Edited it and re-started. Thankfully the first thing I did was check to see everyone was there, would have been a ballsache if I hadn't noticed until I'd already started setting up my coaching and signing players.

Also - kept clicking Home by accident, because it's where the back arrow used to be. Took a bit of getting used to.

If you're wanting to improve your scouting knowledge and have a spare space, snap up Jorg Stadelmann as a scout. His Judging Player Ability and Potential is pretty bad, 7 and 9 I think, but his scouting knowledge is incredible, full knowledge of over 15 countries IIRC

After a successful period at Thistle (Scottish cup win, 6th place finish and left them in 3rd) I took a job with West Ham at bottom of the BPl. Rocked up to find them with only two suitable CB's, absolutely f**k all money and expectations of mid table. Just about moving out of relegation places but every time I face top 5 sides I get an absolute shagging. Upside is we are only about 8 points from mid table.

Killie got taken over by some millionaire in the second season of my game, now into the third season, two weeks until the end of August, and they've already spent £8m on players :o

Can anyone quicky help?

Just got this game at Xmas. Me and my friend set up an online game while I was at his house earlier and everything worked fine. I came home and loaded the game back up but he can't join it. He can find the league, enter the password and it shows him in the game at my end but he can't take control of his team. Game status and add manager are grayed out for him.

Any thoughts? Are we both being simple?

Anyone know if theres any plans to change, or remove, the link between Arsenal and Inverness on this game? Just came up against an Inverness side with five Arsenal players including first team regular Sanogo. Its ridiculous.

Anyone know if theres any plans to change, or remove, the link between Arsenal and Inverness on this game? Just came up against an Inverness side with five Arsenal players including first team regular Sanogo. Its ridiculous.

They sign Sanogo, Bellerin, and that Vallejo guy whenever Arsenal sign him in every save I start, is the link even official? Only player I can think of them getting from Arsenal is Roberts.

They sign Sanogo, Bellerin, and that Vallejo guy whenever Arsenal sign him in every save I start, is the link even official? Only player I can think of them getting from Arsenal is Roberts.

They signed sanogo and bellerin in the first season of my Dundee save, sanogo done his knee and was out most of the season too.

Yup, its always Sanogo, Bellerin and Crowley for me, with Zelalem sometimes popping by. And no, I don't think theres any official link remotely close to how it works in the game, the Newcastle - St Mirren link is also stupid.

I just had a quick look there - St Mirren had Shane Ferguson and Ryan Taylor on loan from Newcastle, Inverness had Hector Bellerin. Gonna need to fix that!

Managed to get the bulk of the squad tied up on longer contracts, including Higginbotham, until 2017. Excellent stuff. Well over my wage budget but tbh when I release Gallacher (who's stats are pretty pish) and others that will free up more than enough to cover it.

Also signed Lukas Sinkiewicz, 28 y/o centre half, with 3 caps for Germany, to go along with German international left back Malik Fathi. Squad is unbelievable, especially since I took a leaf out of St Mirren and Inverness' book to get Montpellier as a parent club, signed a 4* full back (left/ride side) and a 3 1/2 * right winger on loan for nowt.

Lost my first game to Celtic 3-1. Only defeat so far, thankfully. Haven't had any crazy scorelines yet - beat Ross County 2-1, drew 1-1 with Dundee and 0-0 with Hamilton, then beat Ayr 4-1 at home.

OUT:

21629-trollface-meme-jackie-chan-s.png

I turned the guy into a 20+ goal a season machine last year, I thoroughly intend doing likewise this time round.

Unfortunately it will need to happen later on, having already rage quit my first save. Couldn't get used to the change in searching for players or the new match engine, rushed into a few average signings, and chucked it after conceding the 3rd in a 3-1 defeat at Dens Park. Probably a bitt too rash as I had a couple of important players injured but will start again from scratch at some point.

Positive is that my generic 4-2-3-1 still seems to greatly favour the right winger in terms of the position offering a very good goal return, but I seemed to struggle to keep as much possession as I'm used to - retain possession + short passing on its own doesn't seem to cut it anymore, with even Elgin City outpossessing me in pre-season. I also had some silly pre season results like an 8-3 win away to Livi in my first game, I really hope that doesn't become a theme. Not being able to sign quality players on loan without having to offer 100% wages is also a kick in the teeth, and in most FMs I've played I always end up with shite parent clubs like Trabzonspor who don't loan out players.

Anyone know how to stop your team being absolute psychos? My West Ham team average a red card every third game and pick up about four yellows a game. Absolute nightmare and can't seem to do anything to get them to chill the f**k out.

Archived