Football Manager 2015

KilliePie

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coming to the end of my first season as Pars boss. We've been on a fantastic Scottish Cup run, resulting in a day out to Hampden Park. Albeit we did get absolutely destroyed by a very strong St Johnstone in the semi final.

Title drama as it comes down to the final day. It was between Airdrie, Stranraer & us. We draw with Airdrie and finish 3rd as a result. Airdrie win the title on goal difference.

Won the home leg of my semi final play off 4-2 against Stranraer. Won the away leg 4-3. Which sets up a rematch of last years final between Pars and Cowden. Do I have what it takes to do what the dinosaur JJ couldn't?

In other news, Rangers got destroyed in their promotion play off by QOS.

Yeah I've had three save files and Rangers have the Play-Off Final in every single one. Most unrealistic one was Falkirk

Rangers are still in the championship in my Hibs game, as has been said, they make the playoffs every year and get pumped. Doesn't look like i'll be retaining the league title this year as I'm currently a long way behind Hearts who have been incredible this season. Steven Fletcher knocked me back and signed for them on a free transfer as well, he scores against me in nearly every derby, baldy p***k <_<

Finally nice to have decent free kick takers except Craig, Booth has scored some absolute beauties for me from free kicks

1st going into December, Hearts slowly climbing the table but Rangers are 9th and once again fat Sally has been sacked. Nicholl once again the favourite to take over along side Butcher & Malpas.

Eleven games into the season with St Mirren. Sitting comfortably in 5th place despite a few defeats in last few games. Not made any new signings. Just got papped out quarter finals of league cup by Ross County 6-4.

Jackson Irvines a decent signing in this, while GMS is constantly crocked, starting to regret spunking big wages on him.

I can only address these problems myself in the next official data update.

But to respond to them...

Gerry Creaney joined Dundee after data lock, so that isn't something you can complain about us not doing.

The other staff issues are good points, and there's a failure on the part of both the Alloa and Dundee researchers to make the physio one happen.

In terms of positions, Paul McGowan's position will have been set by the St. Mirren researcher, and though the Dundee researcher could have tweaked him a little bit, it's not generally good practice to overwrite someone else's work on the basis of a handful of matches.

Iain Davidson has 19 for DC and 20 for MC and DMC, so to say he isn't listed as a DC at all is just not true. You either didn't look properly or you're exaggerating for effect. If he's played the majority of his career as a midfielder and has moved back to defence, then 19 for DC is not inappropriate.

I'm not an expert on Jim McAllister, but saying that he "hasn't played AMC in all his puff" is useless if you want me to address it. Where does he regularly play and what do you think should be his natural position

I accept these are issues, but like I say, I can't address them until I next update my database next. In spite of the data issues forum at SI being available for two weeks to report issues before the game's release, a full data update to address every issue was never going to happen, and that was explained on the forum.

However, if you feel it negatively affects the game for you, in the interim you can adjust them to your satisfaction with the pre-game editor.

I know that's not ideal, but that is a solution.

As with every year, I'll be addressing any concerns the public have had with my research team.

Hi Stuart,

Just a quick one, and not a moan. But how come the likes of Stevie Masterton and Stewart Kean start as free agents even though they are playing for Hurlford in the juniors. The last few seasons have seen each junior side that play in the SuperLeague have at least 12 or so players - this year the likes of Clydebank, Hurlford and Irvine Meadow have no one at all by the looks of it.

Unless I'm doing something wrong. Always a nice addition to have the junior players, especially once a few of the league edits start appearing on Workshop.

Cheers.

Hi Stuart,

Just a quick one, and not a moan. But how come the likes of Stevie Masterton and Stewart Kean start as free agents even though they are playing for Hurlford in the juniors. The last few seasons have seen each junior side that play in the SuperLeague have at least 12 or so players - this year the likes of Clydebank, Hurlford and Irvine Meadow have no one at all by the looks of it.

Unless I'm doing something wrong. Always a nice addition to have the junior players, especially once a few of the league edits start appearing on Workshop.

Cheers.

It was mainly because the information wasn't readily available at that point in the process.

I reasoned that it was better to release these bigger name guys if I didn't know where they were for sure so that they'd still be in the game, rather than lazily have them in the wrong team.

Plus, sometimes these players don't get loaded up as they are at non-playable teams, and only appear if you select all players from Scotland before you start the game.

In retrospect, that might not have been the best way, but I figured that there will be some junior football fans who will release their own updates on the Steam Workshop.

I seem to have a revolt on my hands in the United squad. Have had a shaky start to the season but now that most of my long term injuries are back we are doing okay. However that hasn't stopped Watson, Rado, Smith and Telfer all questioning my ability and pushing for moves away from the club (despite me promising them an improvement in our fortunes). It must be something to do with my inexperience and in-game reputation but the players do seem a wee bit too easily wound up.

I seem to have a revolt on my hands in the United squad. Have had a shaky start to the season but now that most of my long term injuries are back we are doing okay. However that hasn't stopped Watson, Rado, Smith and Telfer all questioning my ability and pushing for moves away from the club (despite me promising them an improvement in our fortunes). It must be something to do with my inexperience and in-game reputation but the players do seem a wee bit too easily wound up.

That's my main problem behind injured players bitching about lack of being played; if you don't give Hanlon a new contract straight after you start he begins to bitch about wanting to play in the Premiership.

Had to deal with Harris & Handling responding to interest from Rangers, thankfully managed to talk them out of it & gave them new contracts. Heffernan has already been chucked, giving El Alagui a run in the team however once again he can't find the net.

My strike force is usually rotated between Handling, Cummings, Malonga & Allan. Sometimes play Handling at AMC if Allan (Scott) is not fit or has to go back to CM if other players aren't fit.

Slightly annoyed at the affiliated clubs; board can never find a parent club at all & all the feeder clubs are in the likes of Latvia, Czech & Serbia. Why can't we get parent & feeder clubs from the same country/island anymore?

My Celtic save, I had the choice between Alloa, Airdrie, Morton and someone else I can't remember.

I do like you can not ask a player to find a new club, makes it much easier getting shot of them. (unless they say naw)

SGMilne, on 08 Nov 2014 - 14:09, said:

I can only address these problems myself in the next official data update.

But to respond to them...

Gerry Creaney joined Dundee after data lock, so that isn't something you can complain about us not doing.

The other staff issues are good points, and there's a failure on the part of both the Alloa and Dundee researchers to make the physio one happen.

In terms of positions, Paul McGowan's position will have been set by the St. Mirren researcher, and though the Dundee researcher could have tweaked him a little bit, it's not generally good practice to overwrite someone else's work on the basis of a handful of matches.

Iain Davidson has 19 for DC and 20 for MC and DMC, so to say he isn't listed as a DC at all is just not true. You either didn't look properly or you're exaggerating for effect. If he's played the majority of his career as a midfielder and has moved back to defence, then 19 for DC is not inappropriate.

I'm not an expert on Jim McAllister, but saying that he "hasn't played AMC in all his puff" is useless if you want me to address it. Where does he regularly play and what do you think should be his natural position

I accept these are issues, but like I say, I can't address them until I next update my database next. In spite of the data issues forum at SI being available for two weeks to report issues before the game's release, a full data update to address every issue was never going to happen, and that was explained on the forum.

However, if you feel it negatively affects the game for you, in the interim you can adjust them to your satisfaction with the pre-game editor.

I know that's not ideal, but that is a solution.

As with every year, I'll be addressing any concerns the public have had with my research team.

So you're basically saying that you and your research team got it wrong on a number of occasions and giving me a list of excuses as to why - fair enough, I don't expect perfection, was just looking for reasoning behind the issues.

Regarding the Iain Davidson situation, happy to be corrected on that one, but if he's rated at 19 in DC, why does the position not appear alongside his name like DM does (A position he's barely played in his 3 year at Dens) and CM does? Just a genuine question, happy to accept I might not be fully understanding it correctly. As it is though, DC is his strongest position these days in real life.

Archived