Football Manager 2015

KilliePie

Feel like greeting. Seeing all these positive reviews makes me wanna load up but as soon as I do, I'm just like, 'Meh'. Can't get used to this interface at all. Tried to stick with it but not feeling it this year.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been playing the beta for the past few days. It's as I expected, pretty good but with a few glitches/annoyances.

I've gone Bayern as it's only a week until the full version out so no point starting a long game. The German league has no licence so Schalke are "Geksenkirchen" etc, and no Movember fun as no player photos, but the players are all real names so it's fine.

I constantly get messages every few days saying certain players are unhappy with the coaching during tactics training. I'm guessing this is a glich as doesn't matter what changes I make the same message comes up.

Decent game though. Last time I bought it was FM13 and it's far better than that. I dunno if FM14 had this feature but you now get scouts moaning about where they're sent, asking you to cancel their assignment as scouting players in Scotland is a waste of time.

Been playing the beta for the past few days. It's as I expected, pretty good but with a few glitches/annoyances.

I've gone Bayern as it's only a week until the full version out so no point starting a long game. The German league has no licence so Schalke are "Geksenkirchen" etc, and no Movember fun as no player photos, but the players are all real names so it's fine.

I constantly get messages every few days saying certain players are unhappy with the coaching during tactics training. I'm guessing this is a glich as doesn't matter what changes I make the same message comes up.

Decent game though. Last time I bought it was FM13 and it's far better than that. I dunno if FM14 had this feature but you now get scouts moaning about where they're sent, asking you to cancel their assignment as scouting players in Scotland is a waste of time.

It is mate.

Feel like greeting. Seeing all these positive reviews makes me wanna load up but as soon as I do, I'm just like, 'Meh'. Can't get used to this interface at all. Tried to stick with it but not feeling it this year.

I dont mind the interface, to be honest. The quick links down the side are really good. I dont like the player selection on the tactics screen and some things are harder to find then before - like player Reports, best positions roles etc - but other than that I think its fine

My issue is that it just isnt that much different from last years. The 3D match looks a lot better but things like the press conferences, player interactions and team talks have the exact same text as last year

Well that's a first; Was about to go into a game against Cowdenbeath at Central Park when the game was called off due to a waterlogged pitch.

Haven't had a game called of before in Football Manager before this

That may have something to do with rangers tbh, I went queens and after 8 games I had won 3 but was above rangers and they beat us at Ibrox. Signed Derek Lyle for £3.2k aswell which I obviously jumped at as had already brought in Rory Mcallister so he wasn't getting a look in. Hearts have 24 points and beat rangers 5-1 at Ibrox on first day aswell as beating them 3-1 in

Challenge cup.

Tell me about it. We're utterly turgid. Not great in the game either :P

Well that's a first; Was about to go into a game against Cowdenbeath at Central Park when the game was called off due to a waterlogged pitch.

Haven't had a game called of before in Football Manager before this

Aye it happens. I've had international options, waterlogged pitches, snow, I think even fog once. It'd be a nice feature if weather got worse and games were halted. That's add so much seethe and realism to the game.

So I'm picking up that Billy McKay is maybe a bit too strong in the game?

Generally though, how are you all finding the data? There were a few clubs - including Ross County - who I didn't have a researcher for, but I hope we've done these teams justice.

Generally though, how are you all finding the data? There were a few clubs - including Ross County - who I didn't have a researcher for, but I hope we've done these teams justice.

I started a game with Queens and they have waaay too much money. But then thats the same every year

Havent really played long enough to get an idea on the rest

Couple of tiny errors regarding Dundee. It doesn't have Niam Mohammed listed as our physio. He's definitely in the game as he was Alloa's in last years version. Eddie Johnson is our U20's manager, not Gavin Burns who is taking our much younger groups so could be listed as a U20 coach. And our Head of Youth is Gerry Creaney.

Tiny errors, but ones that can be easily sorted.

ETA: FAO SGMilne.

How? I cant see this option. Or is it just because the players Im approaching are asking for too much money, rather than just not being interested?

Whos idea was it to underline all the links with dotted lines? Horrible

Turns out there is a setting in the preferences to switch this off :)

Oh, and whos idea was the tunnel interviews? What an utter waste of time

After trying to decide which Scottish Championship club to go last night, I ended up going for Luton Town. :lol:

First signing, Emile Heskey.

Pre season, 4 losses, including a 10-0 hammering at home to Spurs. :(

Just turned it back on there, about to start the league season away to Carlisle United. It's on telly too, hope we don't get pumped again!

I'm the same. Spent a quarter of the day waiting for a 4GB logo pack and a 6.88GB facepack to download. Still downloading kit packs as some leagues are missing from the sites I get them from, especially the 3D packs, but they have most of the major leagues done

I downloaded that very facepack torrent last night. Although I happened to get Fibre Optic broadband the other day, so it downloaded in about 15 minutes. It was joyous!

Not really the best to judge as I've not been able to get to many games over the past year and a bit but I think County seem to be closely nailed on to what we are seeing IRL....in other words, we are delightfully rubbish.

inverness just managed to complete a nice little treble winning season in my game :lol:

They're seven points clear in mine, but out of the League Cup. St Mirren are doing really well as well (3rd), and Motherwell are still utterly terrible (11th). Jackie McNamara has been shown the door, with Allan Johnston replacing him and Derek Adams taking over at Killie. In Championship news, Hearts are romping it with Falkirk just about staying in touch. Rangers are 6th, and now on their 3rd manager after sacking McCoist and then Jimmy Nicholl :lol: Chairmen seem fairly trigger-happy this year.

I'm finding tactical familiarity to be a lot more significant this year. Before I'd found that changing a couple of instructions mid-game had a slight effect, but not too drastic. Now if I change certain things (tackling in particular) some players really struggle. It's good though, I pulled back a 3 goal deficit to draw away at Thistle with only a couple of tweaks.

Archived