Football Manager 2015

KilliePie

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

0b405b0046439fbb4b6225119df1cd89.png

Easily the greatest result in the biggest match in my Football Manager history.

I'm well into the 2050's now, and still havent made a CL Final :lol:

What are you doing wrong? Sort out your scouting. I realised I was doing it wrong when I had Marcus Fraser at CB.

Unfortunate that i always, always meet a Barca/Real/Bayern at some point, and i just cant compete. My wages are still capped about £40k

Unfortunate that i always, always meet a Barca/Real/Bayern at some point, and i just cant compete. My wages are still capped about £40k

My run was down to an outrageous amount of good luck, own goals to go through on away goals etc.

In 2024 the highest I pay a player is £35k, but I've just sold four players for £76m total.

I was still playing my first save I started with Dundee with a career path from Dens to the bernabeu, Allianz arena, the etihad and after all that success I decided to try and knock Dundee off their perch in Scotland when the Celtic job came up.

After about 10 games as the Celtic gaffer I realised I hate them and it kind of went a bit stale so I've parked that save in favour of trying to do it all again with Dundee.... With the new game out next month it's safe to say the save is probably dead.

Biggest achievement was a Europa league win with Dundee, champions league semi the furthest I could manage in the big trophy. Obviously won CL with real, Bayern and city but hardly worth crowing about.

So I started a new game with the Dee's on the most recent update. I was dismayed to see Roberts and Boyle out on loan and not recall-able - both key players when I started my original game.

I used my £118k transfer budget in the worst way ever, bringing in Kevin holt and Julen extabeguren out of mostly sentiment along with some high potential but not quite ready yet free transfers with daft names. (Kevin le targat being one, the other one is proper mental but escapes me)

Suffice it to say whatever luck I had on my first save has eluded me this time. After a shocking season I found myself in 11th on the last day of the season, playing the team in 10th ((Hamilton) with the potential to finish anywhere from 9th to 12th depending on results.

Took an early lead, they lost a player to a red in the 2nd half and I was cruising to safety. Until of course Harkins lost the ball in midfield and I conceded a last minute equaliser. Thankfully Ross county lost so I remained in the playoff place.

Hibs were top of the championship so it fell to Hearts to try and dislodge me.

Comfortable 1-0 win at Dens (despite mcpake hibsing it and getting a red) set me up for the return at Tynie.

Gowser stuck us in front and I had the cigars out. Hearts of course roared back and took a 2-1 lead so all square on aggregate. Then in the 89th minute that smug p***k Dale Carrick stuck the jambos 3-1 up. Dejected.....

That was of course until super Craig Wighton grabbed a 94th minute aggregate equaliser to send us into extra time.

I felt we had momentum now and would be safe. Like most of my managerial ideas it was wrong and smug puss Carrick scored in the 2nd half of extra time to condemn me to the championship.

Amazingly I kept my job, mostly through saying I'd bring us straight back up and it wasn't my fault.

Even better, I had already signed a load of players on PCAs who are mostly better than what I have. That's just as well tbf as to a man they have asked to leave.

From memory I've so far sold -

Wighton :bairn: - Liverpool - £825k (1.4mill with add ons)

Julen :bairn: - polish team - £125k relegation release clause - Julen kens.

Jim Mcallister - Kilmarnock - £95k

Gary Harkins - St Mirren - £120k

Every one of these players has a direct replacement who me/my scouts/ my assistant believe are better, most notably Dylan mcgeouch for Harkins.

As it stands I'll go into this season with a better squad IMO (albeit a very unhappy squad), good cash in the bank and a board and fans who hate me.

Could be worse....

• 3 weeks later...

I've managed to get Portsmouth from league 2 to the Premiership. Just won my 2nd Europa League final on the trot. Not won any other trophies since being in the prem however. Currently in 2021 I believe. I should've done a story!

• 3 weeks later...

This time last year, I was sacked as St. Johnstone manager. Since then, I've had spells at Alloa, Burnley, Leicester, West Brom and Celtic. My most successful time has been at the latter. In my two years at Celtic Park, I've won the league twice, I've won the Scottish Cup, I've won the League Cup and I've reached the Europa League final.

I've just been offered the Tottenham job. Should I take it? It would be my first 'big' team and I feel quite scared. They are the current English champions, so it will be pressurised. I'm in my comfort zone with the Hoops.

This time last year, I was sacked as St. Johnstone manager. Since then, I've had spells at Alloa, Burnley, Leicester, West Brom and Celtic. My most successful time has been at the latter. In my two years at Celtic Park, I've won the league twice, I've won the Scottish Cup, I've won the League Cup and I've reached the Europa League final.

I've just been offered the Tottenham job. Should I take it? It would be my first 'big' team and I feel quite scared. They are the current English champions, so it will be pressurised. I'm in my comfort zone with the Hoops.

Depends, if you like to challenge yourself then go for it, if you want to mindlessly win trophies every season stay at Celtic. Gets old quickly though!

I did 9 in a row with Dundee and won Europa league. Barely made a dent in the CL though so with heavy heart I moved on admittedly to Real Madrid so an easier decision. I then went all Pep guardiola and moved clubs voluntarily every few years to Bayern, then man city, then back to Celtic yo try and end the Dundee stranglehold.

Best career I've had in many versions.

Archived