Rovers v Fifers

Yes, pretty decent team performance but Fife were rank rotten. We did give them chances to get back into it, but created plenty ourselves. Three more points essential next week. Pollock and Mullin were the stand-outs for me, and a very strong Rovers bench - looking good.

This thread has said Young was MOTM and our worst performer, that our defence were shaky and solid, and that we played a 4-2-3-1 but had two strikers!

Either way it's a good solid win, and an important one after last week's defeat. Hoping to make the QP game next week so more of the same would do nicely.

Darren Young did get the official MOTM at the game today, which he deserved after a solid performance. Albino is just being his usual and trying to be controversial but tbh he's pretty boring now. The defence were solid with the ball on the deck but with crosses we were as I said shaky with most of the East Fife chances coming from crosses.

Went to the game today in my ongoing attempt to visit all 42 Scottish League grounds.

Enjoyed the experience. The ground has a bit of 'character' about it. I am sure its not the best ground in Scotland but I liked it as I am a bit odd like that. I like ramshackle old stands with a bit of history and crumbling old terraces. Just a pity you don't open the far terrace as I would have rather watched the game from over there.

Not the greatest game I have ever seen but I thought Albion fully deserved the 3 points and probably should have won by a bigger margin. I have seen a fair few games at this level of the Scottish game now so I know its not a fantastic standard but its honest proper football watched by proper fans so what's not to like?

I will be brutally honest here. Even as I left the house this morning I was wavering between, going to Albion or Stenhousemuir to see Stirling Albion. Looking at the scoreline from Ochilview, I think I got this one badly wrong.

PS - Pie average, Bovril Excellent. Programme very good value.

Gemmell was MoTM for me , closely followed by Mullin. Cant see how anyone else could have got it - led the line well, fed his teammates and generally battered the East Fife defence - the pressure he put on Fleming should have given us a penalty but indirectly led to the second goal which he finished brilliantly - not bad for a player who is "petulant" and hasn't got the pace of Usain Bolt.

How's Josh Mullin settling in?? promised him we might bring a few through to a game if the Side have a free week.

Josh has been fantastic, very direct and always looking to take on the defender and swing a cross in. He has been unlucky a few times with efforts on goals but i am sure he will get a few goals as the season goes on.

How's Josh Mullin settling in?? promised him we might bring a few through to a game if the Side have a free week.

Settling in very well indeed, thank you! Good eager attitude, nice touch on the ball and always making himself available to Alan Reid behind him. I understand he was 'Side's right back? Promising start for us in midfield and a good find by our previous manager.

Good wee highlights package on the East Fife website. Last time I was on the site was when Billy Brown went mental!

Another goal from a corner I see - it's refreshing to see us take advantage of set pieces this season.

Kyle Turnbull puts in a nice inswinger from our right.

Settling in very well indeed, thank you! Good eager attitude, nice touch on the ball and always making himself available to Alan Reid behind him. I understand he was 'Side's right back? Promising start for us in midfield and a good find by our previous manager.

yes he was our right back and a very good one at that,boys got loads of talent and I'm sure he will contribute a lot this season playing further up the park.

Archived