Lowland Development League

HibeeJibee

When I saw it I thought Peter McGauley had a relative playing for Spartans.

In all seriousness a truly shocking incident plenty folk have a moan at refs but to threaten him and then follow him is way over the top.

Hopefully Spartans will take the appropriate action against the parent, he's not fit to watch games.

Seemingly have:

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/youth-football-ref-abused-stalked-after-spartans-red-card-1-4043308?utm_content=buffer739b4&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Last night police confirmed they were probing the incident. A spokeswoman said: “We can confirm we received a report in relation to an alleged assault. Inquiries are ongoing.” It is understood the relative has now been banned from future Spartans games. A spokesman from the club declined to comment.

Seemingly have:

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/youth-football-ref-abused-stalked-after-spartans-red-card-1-4043308?utm_content=buffer739b4&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Last night police confirmed they were probing the incident. A spokeswoman said: “We can confirm we received a report in relation to an alleged assault. Inquiries are ongoing.” It is understood the relative has now been banned from future Spartans games. A spokesman from the club declined to comment.

Cheers HJ I had only seen the paper at the station on my way home so didn't see the full content.

Well done to Spartans for doing the right thing.

They are. It's just one of the family members wasn't happy with the way another one was treated. Happens in eastenders all the time.....

Aye but eastenders is fictional wi professional actors....wait a minute the same paper later on reported Beesley s back :P

KO cups begin tonight with U20s Challenge Cup R1, 1st legs.

(2nd legs next week).

Edinburgh City v East Kilbride

Civil Service Strollers v Whitehill Welfare

Cumbernauld Colts v Edinburgh University

Preston Athletic v Heriot-Watt University

CSS-Whitehill and Preston-HW also met last week in U20s league, only 1 goal separating each - tight contests in store.

Civil Service Strollers 5-0 Whitehill Welfare

Preston Athletic 4-3 Heriot-Watt University

Last week Civil Service went 2-0 up very early as well ... they didn't take any risks tonight though and added 3 more.

:ph34r:

Seemingly have:

Preston athletics official Twitter feed retweeting some stuff tonight from folk who claim spartans won't get the book thrown at them.

Petty from the panners and for their official Twitter feed to basically support the suggestion that the powers that be won't punish spartans for this is embarrassing IMO

Cheers HJ I had only seen the paper at the station on my way home so didn't see the full content.

Well done to Spartans for doing the right thing.

If the report is accurate should Spartans not have dealt with the situation better at the time?

Last week the U20s League Cup Final between EK & Cumbernauld was postponed when the floodlights at Benburb Juniors failed shortly before ko.

I'm seeing from the EOSL website that tonight's Knockout Cup R1 ties BSCG v Spartans and Whitehill v LTHV were both abandoned during extra-time :huh:!!

Going by twitter, BSCG v Spartans (down to 10 men) was stopped at 1-1 during second half of extra-time following a bad injury to Spartans keeper.

Can't find reason for Whitehill v LTHV abandonment but EOSL website indicates was 5-6 at time. Anyone?