Lowland Development League

HibeeJibee

Took in the Musselburgh Game yesterday seeing as my Game was off, not my favourite place but just along the road, must say they did a Grand job of getting the game on, well done all !!!!

Can I say it?? Junior forum for this pish ????????????????????

Sorry, Apologies, just the excitement of getting to a game on Saturday, my Game was off and that is Lowland League, looked at the Highlights from Jambogaz above , there's a game that shouldn't have been on, seen LTHV u20s in the flesh at Preston and they look Decent , will try to get to some more of the under20s games, beats the telly on a Friday night, anyone else taking in these 20s Games? handy post above as to where to get the fixtures , again Sorry about the Misdemeanour :)

Normally I go and see Spartans U20s depending if I have anything on the Friday night. Always find the games at 20s level entertaining and beats watching the soaps anytime. Think we will head to see Whitehill and Lothian this friday

Good Shout, just looked at fixtures, Last round of fixtures before the winter shutdown , closed for a Month, there's a topic, Summer football ????

Went along to Meadowbank last night Edinburgh City v Edu sport, 8-1 Edu sport, They were decent but City were whack !!, this is my second under 20 game this season and out the teams I've seen Edu were probably the best, Mind I've only seen the below so far

Edu

City

Preston

LTHV

anyway my game has survived the weather, wouldn't have if been at home mind, prediction below

Edinburgh Uni 2- 2 Preston

Spartans 0- 2 Selkirk

Stirling 2-1 East Kilbride

Edited by The Big Boss

I went to Lasswade last night to see two teams that might be challenging at the end of the season. After losing two early goals the young Lothian team got themselves level by half time. Despite having numerous chances in the 2nd half it looked like Whitehill were going to be frustrated until their left back popped up with a superb goal in the 90th minute. On chances Whitehill just about deserved the win but the Lothian team are punching above their weight given they were playing under 17s last year. The league looks really good this season and picking an eventual winner is very tough.

Good debate on here and great to hear so many different views.

I have been to quite a few games this season and I have to say the 20s league is a very good standard compared to the EOS, apart from when maybe Leith v Lothian , Spartans, Civil play, the 20s league is very technical and fast paced with always good players on show

I have seen whitehill 5 vs Edinburgh city 5 and you would not have known Edinburgh city had not won a game all season the game was played a very fast paced and good tempo with some good rotational movement in both teams , was very impressed .

I then took in LTHV 20s vs Heriot watt 20s next again week and having looked at the table I was expecting a gulf in class but Heriot watt were very impressive , with all of their players comfortable on the bal, they move they moved the ball from the back at a fast pace, and they scored 3 cracking first half goals , LHTV cranked up the second half and came back to draw 3-3 with the lad Fox outstanding but Heriot watt had chances at the death to win the game .

I then took in Spartans vs Civil last night and again Spartans top and civil 2nd bottom and there was no difference as both teams served up a cracking 1-1 draw, I overheard a parent saying Civil had few Berwick rangers reserves playing .

I will advise people to watch the 20s games on a Friday, its as entertaining games you will watch.

out of the 6 teams I saw heriot watt and Spartans were the most impressive and checking their league table I was surprised to see heriot watt in 9th position.

In answer to Glasgae junior Fox Mungall and Shala never played against Heriot Watt they were away with the juniors to Huntley, 2nd if the ref had got the simple decisions right Hutchie would have won the game against9 Whitehill comforably by far the better team it is time linesmen were brought in to the Friday night games as you say the pace and football that is played is of a great standard and being ruined by referees

I went to Lasswade last night to see two teams that might be challenging at the end of the season. After losing two early goals the young Lothian team got themselves level by half time. Despite having numerous chances in the 2nd half it looked like Whitehill were going to be frustrated until their left back popped up with a superb goal in the 90th minute. On chances Whitehill just about deserved the win but the Lothian team are punching above their weight given they were playing under 17s last year. The league looks really good this season and picking an eventual winner is very tough.

great effort from the young hutchie lads , they must have the youngest squad out there

pretty sure Preston and WW have the oldest and have seniors playing down so well done to both teams

There are only linesmen at the cup finals, IIRC, due to shortages.

There certainly seems to be some excellent football played in the LL & EOS U20s; plus moving to Friday, and this season all the teams playing Friday, appears to have been a great boon.

Looks like an exciting second half of the season with so many teams in contention, LC Final, and 2 other cups to come.

Very fair comments from a neutral. Mind you looking at the highlights (filmed from LTHV side of the park) you'd think WW, strong wind behind them in the second half, only got out their own half twice, once for a stonewaller penalty claim and once for the winner. Go figure, as they say.

Two sets of lads trying to pass the ball in atrocious conditions and some quality goals on both sides. You're right, most of the WW lads are now at the top of the age group. They've been finishing games strongly and scored quite a few late goals.

In answer to Glasgae junior Fox Mungall and Shala never played against Heriot Watt they were away with the juniors to Huntley, 2nd if the ref had got the simple decisions right Hutchie would have won the game against9 Whitehill comforably by far the better team it is time linesmen were brought in to the Friday night games as you say the pace and football that is played is of a great standard and being ruined by referees

Looking at uptheslope's comments you should be embarrassed mate. Especially if you were the guy on the park at the end ranting at the ref, very undignified. Aye Lothian played well after the first 25 mins or so but I thought the whole development thing was about developing players rather than winning. Whitehill had the chances to kill it btw.

Very fair comments from a neutral. Mind you looking at the highlights (filmed from LTHV side of the park) you'd think WW, strong wind behind them in the second half, only got out their own half twice, once for a stonewaller penalty claim and once for the winner. Go figure, as they say.

Two sets of lads trying to pass the ball in atrocious conditions and some quality goals on both sides. You're right, most of the WW lads are now at the top of the age group. They've been finishing games strongly and scored quite a few late goals.

Looking at uptheslope's comments you should be embarrassed mate. Especially if you were the guy on the park at the end ranting at the ref, very undignified. Aye Lothian played well after the first 25 mins or so but I thought the whole development thing was about developing players rather than winning. Whitehill had the chances to kill it btw.

have to agree the highlights do make it appear Lothian were robbed and totally dominated the 2nd half especially

As for the penalties I thought they were both pens and neither given so no harm done

Its all about experience for the lads I don't think the results really matter in the long run if any of the lads make the step up then well done to all concerned

great effort from the young hutchie lads , they must have the youngest squad out there

pretty sure Preston and WW have the oldest and have seniors playing down so well done to both teams

Considering ww last senior competitive game was 24 th October I'm not surprised one or two over age players have been drafted in especially wi a lack of match practice.

Fairly certain it's allowed in the rules so is open to ALL teams not just ww or Preston.

Considering ww last senior competitive game was 24 th October I'm not surprised one or two over age players have been drafted in especially wi a lack of match practice. Fairly certain it's allowed in the rules so is open to ALL teams not just ww or Preston.

Agreed Newcy no rules broken and its upto all teams what they do