Lowland Development League

HibeeJibee

Don't know about that mate my sources say he had one in the Club across the road, Not Illegal !!! but just seen the footage that shows Preston players spitting at LTHV, That in itself is a Disgrace no matter what else went on, Yes the Parent was involved but I saw the whole thing and it was 3 x Preston players that started it , No Question ?? not Up for Debate, FACT !!!

Could you possibly send that to the SFA as the ref is blaming both teams in his report, I heard the ref was a local laddie so don't think he would want to put all the blame on Preston.

Edited by Jambogaz

WW 5 Edinburgh City 5

With the top 2 in cup action WW missed the chance to go top tonight while City got their first point of the campaign.

A problem with the printer meant programmes weren't available if anyone wants one send me a message and I'll run them off next week.

selkirk o ayr 25

really a shambles from selkirk , poor lads

Horrible. The question I keep asking is 'how is it possible to lose 25 goals in a 90 min game?' Centre needs to be taken 27 times and the ball must be out of play for a fair bit- I'd also assume there was no injury time.

Horrific. Bad for the LL reputation but disastrous for selkirk and any future hope of youth development in that it'll be enough to prevent young players joining up with them at youth level in the future.

selkirk o ayr 25 really a shambles from selkirk , poor lads
total disgrace from Selkirk
A 25-0 pumping is hard to defend but........Let's remember Selkirk were the last LL representatives standing in last season's competition albeit losing 10-0 in the last 16 to an impressive Hamilton side who just a few weeks earlier beat Rangers 7-0.A lot of water has gone under the bridge since then but Turriff and Lossiemouth both lost 11 goals in this seasons competition to Forfar and Ross County whilst ww lost 8-0 v Dundee. They're still hammerings. It seems there's a massive gulf between LL /HFL sides even at this level when it comes to playing spfl sides.Sad for Selkirk but you'd think there be at least 1 club in the LL from the Borders who'd be able to pick the best in the area at this level and at least compete in the LL u20 s league.

A 25-0 pumping is hard to defend but........Let's remember Selkirk were the last LL representatives standing in last season's competition albeit losing 10-0 in the last 16 to an impressive Hamilton side who just a few weeks earlier beat Rangers 7-0.A lot of water has gone under the bridge since then but Turriff and Lossiemouth both lost 11 goals in this seasons competition to Forfar and Ross County whilst ww lost 8-0 v Dundee. They're still hammerings. It seems there's a massive gulf between LL /HFL sides even at this level when it comes to playing spfl sides.Sad for Selkirk but you'd think there be at least 1 club in the LL from the Borders who'd be able to pick the best in the area at this level and at least compete in the LL u20 s league.

Hi newky it's hard to put up an argumant to the points you make regarding the score lines but bare in mind the majority of the games you have listed there are against full time clubs i can only give my opinion on the LL 20s and the standard in that league and im firmly of the opinion if LL 20s teams played the likes of annan Stirling albion Livingston they would be very competitive with that level of pro youth football

It wasn't Selkirks under 20's.

They couldn't get enough players so played more or less an under 16's.

Still shocking though.

It was a group representing selkirk fc so no amount of excuses can be used here. If selkirk were struggling they could have pulled out of the competition at the start citing not having a team. This is far worse than the slight loss of face from pulling out the competition

You need to take into account the other results involving lowland league teams. Selkirk do not take part in it. They probably had to make up a team who have not played together. It is not a fair comparison and this result is probably a one off.

It was a group representing selkirk fc so no amount of excuses can be used here. If selkirk were struggling they could have pulled out of the competition at the start citing not having a team. This is far worse than the slight loss of face from pulling out the competition

Not an excuse.

I heard they were phoning around trying to get a team. Friends of friends etc.

I totally agree they should have just pulled out. 25-0 is a disgrace.