Lowland Development League

HibeeJibee

Do the referees give up their time and who pays for the hire of the pitch? I think to charge is fair enough if you are going for an afternoon's / morning's entertainment.

Standard of referee in the Watt & Selkirk game yesterday was a bit below par and the way he spoke to the player's wasn't merited.

" I will speak to yous the way u speak to each other" "Shut your f*cking mouth it was never a foul" Maybe looking to get a reaction?

Another really good game today up at Rosewell. City should have been two up within the first ten minutes but for poor finishing. What a difference a week

makes, The Whitehill lads didn`t turn up, a touch of role reversal from the cup game last week, and the City lads were really out to prove that last weeks game

was best forgotten about. Fair point from Grimbo, I don`t know if any of the other clubs in the league take subs from their players but my mates lad does pay

subs to play for Edinburgh City. I would find it amazing if city were the only club to take sub money from their players, am willing to be amazed though.

Looking forward to next weeks game at Meadowbank involving Grimbos Spartans u20`s, who are, from what I`ve seen are the best team in the league by a

mile. Will show if City have improved in the last few weeks or if Spartans have gotten even better. great game ahead.

Another really good game today up at Rosewell. City should have been two up within the first ten minutes but for poor finishing. What a difference a week

makes, The Whitehill lads didn`t turn up, a touch of role reversal from the cup game last week, and the City lads were really out to prove that last weeks game

was best forgotten about. Fair point from Grimbo, I don`t know if any of the other clubs in the league take subs from their players but my mates lad does pay

subs to play for Edinburgh City. I would find it amazing if city were the only club to take sub money from their players, am willing to be amazed though.

Looking forward to next weeks game at Meadowbank involving Grimbos Spartans u20`s, who are, from what I`ve seen are the best team in the league by a

mile. Will show if City have improved in the last few weeks or if Spartans have gotten even better. great game ahead.

Watch out for our lad George Hunter who we bought pre-season, mind you 1 player does not a team make, but he's worth the fiver admission of anyones money.

Grimbo

According to a thread on the Domestic Cup sub-forum, the successful EOS/Lowland quartet have received 3 huge draws, and a winnable but long one for Selkirk:

Banks o'Dee v Selkirk

Rangers v Spartans

Heart of Midlothian v Whitehill Welfare

East Kilbride v Queen's Park

Should be a great experience for the lads, and a rich reward for their success in R2. And you never know...

Edited by HibeeJibee

Rangers & Hearts are of course last season's SYC winners & finalists respectively.

Do clubs get money for their youth teams progressing? Especially against the likes of Hearts etc? And gate receipts is it the same as a first team game?

Aye, it's just the same as the system in the early rounds of the Scottish Cup, to help off-set the costs of a bus and/or food. That said I think it's £350 in the Scottish Cup now, so it may be the same in the Youth Cup too, the rulebook on the SFA website is a year out-of-date.

As you say Banks o'Dee have a neat stadium directly beside the railway bridge on the south side of the river in Aberdeen. It's now 3G, IIRC. They're a Junior club but play in the HL's U20 set-up, and their first-team plays in the Senior cups up there.

banksodee2.jpg

In the past clubs used to play SYC ties on their home stadiums almost invariably, however they get played all over the place now so I don't know if Welfare or Spartans will get the chance to grace Tynecastle or Ibrox.

It should be a top weekend for non-league football in and around Edinburgh to showcase itself, actually. Hearts and Hibs both have a blank weekend, and over the course of 2 or 3 days we'll witness these SYC ties, Edinburgh City v Brora in the Scottish Cup, and Leith v Peebles in the Alex Jack Cup Final.

Edited by HibeeJibee

I'm happy to settle and sit on the bench for now too old for under 20s anyway. Although playing as an over in league games is a good opportunity for me. I never had a pre-season and rarely had goalkeeper training. Hopefully a bit improvement and I can grasp the chance I never took at under 19s.

Aye, it's just the same as the system in the early rounds of the Scottish Cup, to help off-set the costs of a bus and/or food. That said I think it's £350 in the Scottish Cup now, so it may be the same in the Youth Cup too, the rulebook on the SFA website is a year out-of-date.

As you say Banks o'Dee have a neat stadium directly beside the railway bridge on the south side of the river in Aberdeen. It's now 3G, IIRC. They're a Junior club but play in the HL's U20 set-up, and their first-team plays in the Senior cups up there.

banksodee2.jpg

In the past clubs used to play SYC ties on their home stadiums almost invariably, however they get played all over the place now so I don't know if Welfare or Spartans will get the chance to grace Tynecastle or Ibrox.

It should be a top weekend for non-league football in and around Edinburgh to showcase itself, actually. Hearts and Hibs both have a blank weekend, and over the course of 2 or 3 days we'll witness these SYC ties, Edinburgh City v Brora in the Scottish Cup, and Leith v Peebles in the Alex Jack Cup Final.

The rules state that you should play in your home ground but they allow you to have a 2nd choice if your ground isn't available. To give Hearts their due although they play their under 20 league games at Newtongrange they do normally play home Scottish Cup ties at Tynecastle so I would expect the Whitehill youngsters to get to play there.

Hearts won 6-1, it was 2-1 with 10 minutes to go when their full time training fitness enabled them to run out comfortable winners.

Not sure where I got the 2-0 from then, can remember a game between the 2.

And the keeper definately dropped the ball at edge of the box.