Lowland Development League

HibeeJibee

Best of luck to all the LL & EOS clubs starting their Scottish Youth Cup campaigns this weekend, always the highlight of the season and a great chance to make a name for themselves in wider circles.

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_cup_fixtures.cfm?page=3165

Sunday 28th September

Spartans U20s v Partick Thistle U20s - Ainslie Park, 3:30pm

Edinburgh City U20s v Whitehill Welfare U20s - Meadowbank Stadium, 2pm

East Kilbride U20s v Stenhousemuir U20s - K Park, 2pm

Dalbeattie Star U20s v Selkirk U20s - Islecroft, 2pm

Annan Athletic U20s v Threave Rovers U20s - Galabank, 2pm

Morning all,am going to Meadowbank for the youth cup game, should be a close affair, not seen a bad game yet. Don't know about the second part of my "keep out the misses road" plan .Was going to try to get to see the second half of the Spartans Partick game,bit of a mad dash or might just retire to the nearest pub . Decisions decisions

Enjoyed the game at Meadowbank this afternoon agree with Rab that the scoreline didn't reflect the game but Whitehill did edge it. Felt sorry for Dan McKinley ,didn`t even think it was a yellow card never mind a straight red, ref must have thought it was a revenge tackle as the lad had just been tackled a couple of minutes before. Having watched this great advert for this league I didn`t venture to watch the second half of the Spartans Vs Partick game as was told Spartans were charging a fiver to get in. Feel that's just taking the Mick for a youth football game ,anyone confirm the fiver rumour ?

Superb series of results, with the sad exception of Threave, which will no doubt shake-up a few perceptions in the Scottish League about the value of and quality in non-league youth football.

Result of the day is most certainly Spartans for lancing Scottish Premiership opposition, but credit too for EK - Stenhousemuir are known to have a mature and well-regarded youth development system and this was EK's first-ever Youth Cup tie.

Credit to all the teams.

If spartans are charging £5 i'd say that wasn't an acceptable price. I wouldn't expect u20s games at this level to have a charge. Spfl development games are often free I haven't seem anybody charge more than £3. At LL level i'd say putting a donations bucket out is the right thing to do. I know there are costs to putting these games on but these should just be accepted as part of the cost of developing young players.

shambles to be charging for an under 20s game

the club should be covering referees fees

people should not have to be to watch two games at the weekend

nothing against Spartans but with all the financial back up, they should never be charging

A couple of points.

If we cannot afford to develop U20's footballers in a professional way then we will perpetuate the way the game is at the top of the pyramid.

There is a cheaper option & that is at the start of the season to splash out £50 on a Spartans season ticket, which are valid for these games it's also valid for the EoS & the Spartans Women's league games. Oh & the Lowland League Champions games all in the plush surroundings of Ainslie Park.

Grimbo

Afternoon all, just getting myself together off to Rosewell for another interesting game City u20s in a rematch after last weeks cup tie, 4-1 was a bit flattering so another good game ahead. Point for the Grimbo, the lads at this level still pay subs to play so paying a fiver to watch the future players is a bit naff, could understand if the lads were being paid but IMO Spartans were just kicking the spuds out of the situation, hey ho off we go.