Lowland Development League

HibeeJibee

Just now, LongTimeLurker said:

Definitely seemed weird that the Bens weren't part of the mix and think this was always a Glasgow team using Upper Annandale as a flag of convenience?

You couldn't be further from the truth, Longtimelurker

People will always make up their own minds even if the truth is right in front of them.
I know for a FACT the Bens never used Upper Annadale, it was Annadale who wanted to use the Bens park and negotiated a deal to hire the park for the development league on Friday evenings.
Your not from the area, well I don't think you are,  I don't expect you to know the workings of the Bens and how they have been operating.  if you did you would then know the bens did not use the Upper as a flag of convenience

16 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

You couldn't be further from the truth, Longtimelurker

People will always make up their own minds even if the truth is right in front of them.
I know for a FACT the Bens never used Upper Annadale, it was Annadale who wanted to use the Bens park and negotiated a deal to hire the park for the development league on Friday evenings.
Your not from the area, well I don't think you are,  I don't expect you to know the workings of the Bens and how they have been operating.  if you did you would then know the bens did not use the Upper as a flag of convenience

I don't believe he was saying Benburb were using Upper Annandale. Since it became known that Upper Annandale had a development team playing out of New Tinto Park there was a rumour that an unknown'youth club from the Glasgow area were using the Upper Annandale name to access the Lowland Development League. Since it seems strange for a team from the D&G area to have their u20s operate in Glasgow.

The rumour had nothing to do with Benburb.

Just now, FairWeatherFan said:

I don't believe he was saying Benburb were using Upper Annandale. Since it became known that Upper Annandale had a development team playing out of New Tinto Park there was a rumour that an unknown'youth club from the Glasgow area were using the Upper Annandale name to access the Lowland Development League. Since it seems strange for a team from the D&G area to have their u20s operate in Glasgow.

The rumour had nothing to do with Benburb.

Oh I get ya
I still would find this funny that a youth team is using the senior team for the youth team to operate under their name in a different area.  The first team of every development squad, remember can fold the team at any time and every first team is to take responsibility of the development team so I find that a bit hard to take in.  if that was true then Upper Annadale are very guidable indeed

@Bestsinceslicebread this was the best explanation I ever saw how it came to be:

On 28/06/2019 at 23:20, Brother Grimm said:

The Upper Annandale thing is bizarre, the club previously played as Queen of the South Colts in one of the West youth leagues and now have changed to Uppers. They were called something else before the name change to Queens as well, Queens signed one boy from them and he didn’t last long and now plays for Stirling Uni I think.

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, Dev said:

Is this correct? Preston Athletic have retweeted this.

It's the list on wikipedia taken from this article http://www.youthfootballscotland.co.uk/component/k2/item/21225-lowlands-development-teams-confirmed-as-league-set-up-is-revealed.html which either has been given a list from the league or just worked out who has been accepted from public statements of those who applied. Looks correct though.

The article also mentions this: "There will be two league conferences in the East, with a 16-14 split, and three conferences in the West, with a split of 14-12-12."

7 hours ago, Ginaro said:

It's the list on wikipedia taken from this article http://www.youthfootballscotland.co.uk/component/k2/item/21225-lowlands-development-teams-confirmed-as-league-set-up-is-revealed.html which either has been given a list from the league or just worked out who has been accepted from public statements of those who applied. Looks correct though.

The article also mentions this: "There will be two league conferences in the East, with a 16-14 split, and three conferences in the West, with a split of 14-12-12."

Maybe its just as i have not had enough coffee yet this morning, but that article seems to be all over the place and get confused between the LL development league, the main LL League, where the WoSFL league fits into that in the pyramid, implies that the LL development league in itself will be a tier in the pyramid, and refers to the LL development league as "new" which as we know its not. 

Edited by morley

http://slfl.co.uk/lowlands-development-league-structure/

Features

06/07/2020 By Media Team

The Scottish Lowlands Development League are delighted to confirm the conference structure for the new season.

As confirmed last week 68 clubs will compete in the league when we kick off later this year.

The sub-committee, which oversee the league, have been busy over the last few weeks working on the conferences are delighted to confirm the following:

League secretary Gary McClelland said: “Despite the current issues facing us we are delighted that we are now in a position to confirm the conferences for the season.

“A lot of work has gone into this and I would like to thank the sub-committee for all the work they have put in looking at applications and working up the conferences.

“Hopefully we will be able to confirm a start date in due course as well as announce what, if any, cup we will be able to play depending on when we get back to playing football.”

The league hope to be in a position to announce a proposed start date within the next week or two.

P&B Youth Football Thread:  Clyde FC Under 19’s Looking For Players.

By Kp91, Saturday at 12:49 in Youth Football

Clyde Fc u19s are on the look out to add quality players to there squad for the new season, this is potentially a pathway to the first team and possible training opportunities within the first team environment in time, the team has a new manager in place and a new coaching team all of whom have joined from Celtic Fc, this is an exciting opportunity and if anyone is interested or required more info then please contact club secretary Peter Kane on 07774327119 the club is planning to move into the u20 development league the season after this one so exciting times ahead for the club 

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...