Lowland Development League

HibeeJibee

15 hours ago, DVB said:

No Preston Athletic?

Applications were to be received "by the 15th June".  Preston's application was received on the 15th June.

The league have decided that on the 15th failed in the by the 15th requirement.

Needless to say preston are appealing to the SFA and it'll turn into a battle of semantics.

19 minutes ago, oldandround said:

Applications were to be received "by the 15th June".  Preston's application was received on the 15th June.

Needless to say preston are appealing to the SFA and it'll turn into a battle of semantics.

It’s nothing to do with SFA

Just now, The Informer said:

It’s nothing to do with SFA

Ok that shows my lack of knowledge sorry.  

Appealing to whomever the superior body that overseas this league if not the SFA.

I'm not involved with them, my grandson's at musselburgh, but just relaying what I'm telt via him.

Just now, oldandround said:

Ok that shows my lack of knowledge sorry.  

Appealing to whomever the superior body that overseas this league if not the SFA.

I'm not involved with them, my grandson's at musselburgh, but just relaying what I'm telt via him.

No need to apologise, it’s the LL’s competition, so I would imagine it would be appealed to them?

6 hours ago, oldandround said:

Seems a bit harsh as the Seryfa league has only just finished so doesn’t give the coaches a lot of time to establish if the team are willing to move to Preston and what that would involve.

I would have thought having the winners of last years U19 Division 1 and South East Region cup would have appealed to the league.

Edited by DVB

The Upper Annandale thing is bizarre, the club previously played as Queen of the South Colts in one of the West youth leagues and now have changed to Uppers. They were called something else before the name change to Queens as well, Queens signed one boy from them and he didn’t last long and now plays for Stirling Uni I think.

Question for all the followers of this league and beyond - how is it possible that the West has got itself in such a bad position both with senior and missing the boat with this Development league. 

I cant really figure out but why does the west not have a similar setup that the eos and sos has? Seems to be a real fragmented system here at 21s. The Scottish cup is 1 League. As is the regional. Games played same day as many teams first team. Where’s the Development in that?

Surely we need a few ambitious junior clubs to lead on creating a new pathway.  Imagine if we had 20 odd West sides at u20. How competitive and great the competition could be with east vs west. 

10 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

I'm guessing that if and when there is a senior league in the west, the clubs will then have access to the u20 league.

Are Junior clubs "registered SFA members" as according to the rules they could be invited to take part?

Membership shall be open to the Under-20Developmentteams of all the clubs in membership of the Lowland / East of Scotland / South of Scotland Football Leagues and invited clubs who are Full or Registered Members of the Scottish Football Association Ltd.

http://slfl.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Lowlands-U20-Terms-of-Reference-August-2018.pdf

1 hour ago, Ginaro said:

Are Junior clubs "registered SFA members" as according to the rules they could be invited to take part?

http://slfl.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Lowlands-U20-Terms-of-Reference-August-2018.pdf

I think Junior clubs are registered members by virtue of being members of a registered Association.

"A club or association shall be admitted as a registered member automatically by reason of its being admitted as a member of an Affiliated Association or an Affiliated National Association, or in the case of a club through membership of or participation in an association, league or other combination of clubs formed in terms of Article 18 and in the case of an association by being formed in terms of Article 18, provided it is not already a full member. A registered member shall not be a member of more than one Affiliated Association or more than one Affiliated National Association. A registered member may apply at any time to become a full member."

Any club of any kind which isn't an SFA Full Member is a Registered Member, excepting a few pirate leagues on the islands etc.

In practice clubs from any of the senior leagues are accepted into this U20s league. Next season it includes 2 SPFL, 9 Lowland, 18 East and 3 South clubs.

(For completeness 2 more LL clubs play in SPFL RL2 and 3 more EOSL clubs have sides in Fife-West Lothian section of East Juniors. Leaving aside the Border, D&G and Perthshire outfits, bar the Annandales, the only clubs without provision currently are Dunbar, Ormiston, Arniston, Easthouses, Tranent, Craigroyston, Leith, Burntisland, Crossgates, Glenrothes, Oakley, and St Andrews).

On 26/06/2019 at 00:49, Rab B Nesbit said:

Wonder how that’ll work without checking their home ground had it in my head they would share with Mids ? If local lads then so much travelling. 

Maybe Upper Annandale is a flag of convenience and it will really be a Glasgow youth team that is involved?

Good to know there's nothing stopping Junior clubs entering before they eventually become senior clubs. Already six U20s in the west area, add Clydebank and a few others, could surely get a West Conference up and running?

Would be interesting to know how many of the teams listed at http://www.west-of-scotland-21s-football-league.co.uk/All_Leagues.html could play their games on a Friday night.

Edited by Ginaro

That is interesting as I was told this couldn’t happen because we weren’t part of the pyramid. 

I tried to get a fri night league setup at 21s but although teams were up for it not many could get a fri let. I know kilwinning Gartcairn and Clyde were all really keen.

Wonder how we can make this happen in time for next season. Plenty good junior clubs  out there.