Lowland Development League

HibeeJibee

6 minutes ago, Nittenrab said:

Think it now 6 games per overage player this season. So in theory you could plan to play 2 overagers every week. On the theme of a reserve league,Scottish football shouldn't have scrapped it all those years ago, it was working back then.

Maybe the LL could eventually follow suit and turn it into a reserve league where say a minimum of 8/10 players in the match day squad have to be U20 qualified, with a minimum number in the starting XI, allows more flexibility in fielding fringe first team players and helps develop the best of your youngsters, plus it removes the reliance on having to have a 16-18 player U20 squad to fulfil fixtures.

So clubs can have U17 - U19 - Reserves - First Team type pathway.

1 hour ago, Burnie_man said:

Maybe the LL could eventually follow suit and turn it into a reserve league where say a minimum of 8/10 players in the match day squad have to be U20 qualified, with a minimum number in the starting XI, allows more flexibility in fielding fringe first team players and helps develop the best of your youngsters, plus it removes the reliance on having to have a 16-18 player U20 squad to fulfil fixtures.

So clubs can have U17 - U19 - Reserves - First Team type pathway.

Sounds a good idea to me.

18 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Disappointing and frustrating to have 3 clubs enter then fail to make the start line... that, plus withdrawals at the tail end of the season, have become tryingly more common in recent seasons.

With the action starting this weekend it also gives regrettable knock-on effects. Blackburn and Gala were both in Section B of the Qualifying League which now has 4 clubs compared to 6 6 & 5 in the others (on paper the clubs will have 2 blank weeks out of 5 too); also the conferences are now 12 & 13 (on paper leaving 2 clubs idle in Conference A each weekend or leaving the conference 4 weekends short of games if patched-over).

Gala and Sauchie had been drawn in R1 of both knockout cups. Blackburn had bye to Knockout Cup R2 leaving a gap there.

Very frustrating Hibee. 

24 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Spartans 7-1 Camelon
Whitehill Welfare 1-1 Hill of Beath
Edinburgh United 0-4 Kelty Hearts
Haddington Athletic 0-4 Edinburgh City
Musselburgh Athletic 5-1 Mid Annandale

9 minutes ago, gaz5 said:

Dunipace 2 - 1 Cumbernauld Colts

Inverkeithing 1-6 Bonnyton at FT.

Others were:

Newtongrange 0-9 BSCG
Preston 0-3 LTHV

Went along to the Edinburgh United v Kelty game. Deserved 4-0 win for Kelty who raced into a 3-0 lead but thought Edinburgh United did well to change things and even created a few chances with 10 men. 

On ‎13‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 19:02, gogsy said:

I think there will be quite a few of the Kelty u-20 team eligible for this, probably fill the rest of the team from the u-17 squad.

Edit Probably other way round, u-17 team with a few of the u-20s that are eligible,

What I am lead to believe regarding this set up is that most of the under20's will be used with approximately 6 spaces being filled between the 16 and 17's  . 

5 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

The EOSL site has you down  for a  Qualifying League game at home to Tranent on Friday.

From  our FB page.  YOUTH CUP DRAW | We enter the Scottish Youth Cup for the very 1st time this year and have been given a home tie in the 1st round draw.
We will face Partick Thistle on Friday 31st August, the competition is for u18’s so we will use a mix of players from our u17 & U20s squads. 

2 minutes ago, KH7 said:

From  our FB page.  YOUTH CUP DRAW | We enter the Scottish Youth Cup for the very 1st time this year and have been given a home tie in the 1st round draw.
We will face Partick Thistle on Friday 31st August, the competition is for u18’s so we will use a mix of players from our u17 & U20s squads. 

Oh I thought  you were talking about all your under 20 games not just the SFA Youth Cup.

Edited by cowdenbeath

1 minute ago, cowdenbeath said:

Oh I thought  you were talking about all your under 20 games not just the SFA Youth Cup.

No bother, I  maybe should have made it clearer:thumsup2

5 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Score was Kelty 3-3 Tranent . Kelty 3-0 up and cruising allowed Tranent back into game last 20 minutes. Best to draw a veil over Tranents tactics.:lol:

Tranent realised they were outclassed ability wise and went for the physical game. Fair play to them as it worked and they never gave up!

It was spoiled a bit by the scenes at the end. Tranent players booting changing room doors and bouncing around like they had won. I counted 9 yellows for Tranent and 2 for Kelty. Tidy game :lol:

48 minutes ago, leomessi1984 said:

Tranent realised they were outclassed ability wise and went for the physical game. Fair play to them as it worked and they never gave up!

It was spoiled a bit by the scenes at the end. Tranent players booting changing room doors and bouncing around like they had won. I counted 9 yellows for Tranent and 2 for Kelty. Tidy game :lol:

They were a gang:lol:

44 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Under 20 Qualifying League Section B
Kelty Hearts 3 Tranent 3
Our first 20's game at NCP and it was a belter .. a good crowd enjoyed the game but aftermath was not to clever, Tranent management team had no control over their players and they will be hearing from us for the damage to dressing rooms and the mess left was not to professional but we are learning ..well done our team ...onwards and upwards

The changing rooms were a mess, and the doors have been booted , The match was  certainly a learning curve for the boys. I counted 10 yellow including the goalie.