Lowland Development League

HibeeJibee

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Jambogaz said:

Edinburgh City 20's have a pitch booked on Saturday at Meadowbank astro for a 4.30pm ko. Been let down for a fixture. Please PM me if you have a team interested.

I take it City 20s are staying in the Lowland/EOS 20s league? notice they haven't joined the SPFL Development League East.

Various draws made according to Spartans website... If no clubs are entering the league only then it appears there are 13 teams - the universities missing the Qualifying League as is usual - with Stirling Uni and Tynecastle joining but Civil Service Strollers departing. Indeed, there are now 4 leagues represented - 8 Lowland, 3 East of Scotland, 1 South of Scotland (Edusport though their U20s play in Edinburgh) and 1 SPFL (Edinburgh City) making for a cosmopolitan set of competitions. Last season Preston won the league and Challenge Cup; Cumbernauld the League Cup; LTHV the Knockout Cup.

This means that of all the major non-league clubs in the central belt only Civil Service Strollers, Leith Athletic and East Stirlingshire aren't participating next season. Last season Leith played in the SYFA U21s which had shrunk to 7 teams including themselves, 5 Junior/Amateur sides and Edinburgh Uni's reserves. With the 'Shire quitting the SPFL U20s have they effectively scrapped their uppermost youth element?

http://www.spartansfc.com/2016/07/12/under-20s-news-201617-cup-draws-announced/

The season will start on Friday 26th August with the Qualifying League – dates of ties to be confirmed:

League Cup Section ALothian ThistleHV, Whitehill Welfare, Preston Athletic, Cumbernauld Colts and EduSport Academy

League Cup Section BTynecastle, Spartans, East Kilbride, BSC Glasgow and Edinburgh City

The top 2 in each section will qualify for the Knock out stages of the league cup. The winners of Section A will be at home to the runners up in Section B and the winners of Section B will be at home to the runners up in Section A. Each team will have 2 home games and 2 away games. 

Challenge Cup 1st round

Cumbernauld Colts v’s BSC Glasgow

Preston Athletic v’s Whitehill Welfare

Spartans v’s EduSport Academy

East Kilbride v’s Stirling University

Heriot Watt University v’s Edinburgh City

Quarter Finals

Tynecastle v’s Lothian Thistle HV

East Kilbride/Stirling University v’s Heriot Watt University/ Edinburgh City

Cumbernauld Colts / BSC Glasgow v’s Spartans/EduSport Academy

Preston Athletic/ Whitehill Welfare v’s Edinburgh University

Semi finals

Preston Athletic/ Whitehill Welfare / Edinburgh University v’s East Kilbride/Stirling University/ Heriot Watt University/ Edinburgh City

Cumbernauld Colts / BSC Glasgow/ Spartans/EduSport Academy v’s Tynecastle / Lothian Thistle HV

The Challenge Cup will again be played on a home and away basis, with away goals counting double if the scores are level after both games.

Knock Out Cup 1st round

Spartans v’s Lothian Thistle HV

Stirling University v’s Tynecastle

Whitehill Welfare v’s Edinburgh City

Edusport Academy v’s BSC Glasgow

Preston Athletic v’s Edinburgh University

Quarter Finals

East Kilbride v’s Cumbernauld Colts

Heriot Watt University v’s Preston Athletic / Edinburgh University

Whitehill Welfare/ Edinburgh City v’s Stirling University/ Tynecastle

Spartans/ Lothian Thistle HV v’s Edusport Academy/ BSC Glasgow

Semi Finals

Spartans/ Lothian Thistle HV /Edusport Academy/ BSC Glasgow v’s Whitehill Welfare/ Edinburgh City /Stirling University/ Tynecastle

East Kilbride / Cumbernauld Colts v’s Heriot Watt University / Preston Athletic / Edinburgh University

Edited by HibeeJibee

• 4 weeks later...

Draws made for the Scottish Youth Cup. As with the LL & EOS U20s Qualifying League the universities normally give this a miss - the early rounds falling as they do before term-time and the arrival of 'freshers' - but credit to Heriot-Watt University for taking the plunge for the second year running.

Big tie for Tynecastle. Rest of the clubs have drawn each other!

Cumbernauld Colts enter in R3, courtesy having reached the Last 16 last season.

First Round - Central Section
1. Clyde v Queen's Park
2. Dunfermline Athletic v Berwick Rangers
3. Heriot-Watt University v Partick Thistle
4. Edusport Academy v Alloa Athletic

Second Round - Central Section
1. Edusport Academy OR Alloa Athletic v Lothian Thistle Hutchison Vale
2. Edinburgh City v Preston Athletic
3. Spartans v Whitehill Welfare
4. Livingston v Dunfermline Athletic OR Berwick Rangers
5. Stirling Albion v Clyde OR Queen’s Park
6. Falkirk v Albion Rovers
7. East Kilbride v BSC Glasgow
8. Hamilton Academical v Raith Rovers
9. Cowdenbeath v Heriot-Watt University OR Partick Thistle
10. Tynecastle v Hibernian

Edited by HibeeJibee

Went along to this.  This is mostly a new team for LTHV and they performed pretty well against a decent Raith team who had a few first team squad members playing.

What's happened to all last years LT players? Heard most were u18 last season and they'd done well so thought they'd stay around for another crack a year older

3 minutes ago, Pink Flag said:

What's happened to all last years LT players? Heard most were u18 last season and they'd done well so thought they'd stay around for another crack a year older

There are still a few there but a couple have moved up to the full team I think, few too old and some have just moved on.  Think a couple have came up from last year's 19's but I could be well off. This all comes from a conversation I had at the game so apologies if incorrect.

There are still a few there but a couple have moved up to the full team I think, few too old and some have just moved on.  Think a couple have came up from last year's 19's but I could be well off. This all comes from a conversation I had at the game so apologies if incorrect.

No worries cheers

Yeah they done well considering.... Lot of new players in the team , one or two are on holiday etc, about 4 moved up to the full team but can still play for the u20's (rules apply), I don't think any of them from last season are to old for this season, a couple are away doing scholarships in America . 

Edited by Jambogaz

2 minutes ago, Queenserse said:

I was told at the time that this league was not set up on the proviso that no DnG teams from either league would be permitted to apply. So why are Edusport in it?

I don't thnk that they play their U20 matches at Annan.