Lowland Development League

HibeeJibee

Just a wee thought, some of the players in the 20's league are in their last permitted season, as it is a development league,does that mean that that's it as far as development goes? In the recent past,how many of the lads have been kept on at their clubs and what happened to the majority of them, juniors football ? Would a reserve league be feasible for Lowland league clubs to develop the youth team further or like most things would it be cost prohibitive?

There isn't any reserve football nowadays - all the Senior leagues have moved to the DL model - but that isn't to say clubs only run one adult team.

Spartans and Stirling Uni both have EOSL teams, and some of the others have Amateur teams (e.g. Selkirk Vics) or SYFA U21s (e.g. Edinburgh Uni).

You can also field some over-agers in DL in any case.

There is also a slightly odd situation just now in that Leith Athletic have SYFA U21s & U19s and Tynecastle have SYFA U19s but neither have an LL-EOSL U20s DL team. Given the registration benefits, and Scottish Youth Cup entry, you'd hope that might change. Also some Borders/D&G participation.

Edited by HibeeJibee

D&G participation.

I think that if any of the clubs down here joined, you may see an exit of some of the existing clubs. Travel costs at our level prohibit any D&G involvement.

What needs to happen first of all is to sort out the ridiculous registration rules that prohibit SYFA registered player's turning out for their parent club.

I think that if any of the clubs down here joined, you may see an exit of some of the existing clubs. Travel costs at our level prohibit any D&G involvement.

What needs to happen first of all is to sort out the ridiculous registration rules that prohibit SYFA registered player's turning out for their parent club.

This is 100% correct.

• 1 month later...

Just noticed on the EOSL website that the U20s League Cup Final between EK & Cumbernauld Colts is scheduled for Friday 11th March at Benburb.

Still remarkably exciting in the U20 League title race, with clubs having between 6 and 10 games left. About half the teams still in with a realistic shout:

http://eosfl.com/leaguetables.asp?sid=7&scid=103

Anyone from Spartans care to comment on today's front page of the Edinburgh Evening News. I thought you were all one big family :o

They are. It's just one of the family members wasn't happy with the way another one was treated. Happens in eastenders all the time.....

Anyone from Spartans care to comment on today's front page of the Edinburgh Evening News. I thought you were all one big family :o

When I saw it I thought Peter McGauley had a relative playing for Spartans.

In all seriousness a truly shocking incident plenty folk have a moan at refs but to threaten him and then follow him is way over the top.

Hopefully Spartans will take the appropriate action against the parent, he's not fit to watch games.