HibeeJibee

East & Lowland U20s Thread

Conferences have been decided, see Edinburgh United twitter

How were the conferences decided? Looks helluva lopsided and Kelty seem to be in the opposite conference from all the other local 20’s sides

1 minute ago, pipedreamer said:

How were the conferences decided? Looks helluva lopsided and Kelty seem to be in the opposite conference from all the other local 20’s sides

Kelty and Inverkeithing in Conference B, East Fife, Hill of Beath and Dundonald in conference A?

3 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

East Fife and Upper Annandale!

Good to see the league doing missionary work , reaching out to  the backwoods of Methil.

4 minutes ago, pipedreamer said:

No doubt done to suit Spartans 🤣

Details of the grounds. Bit of a trek for Upper Annandale to Govan, surprised Dundonald didn't got for somewhere closer like Lumphinnans.

I notice there's no Preston Athletic.

Edited by Ginaro

27 minutes ago, pipedreamer said:

2 in your conference and 3 in the other looks like they have tried to juggle it as best they can.

A bit bizarre Upper Annandale playing at Benburb, it's Edusport in reverse, almost!

1 hour ago, Ginaro said:

Details of the grounds. Bit of a trek for Upper Annandale to Govan, surprised Dundonald didn't got for somewhere closer like Lumphinnans.

I notice there's no Preston Athletic.

Don’t think the 3G at Lumphinnans is a full size pitch.

.Strongest sub-professional youth league in Scotland, IMO.

East Fife join.

Btw - it's patently seeded on basis of last season's conference finishing positions, alternating each position (i.e. swapping half of each conference):

Conference A
Spartans (B1)
Tynecastle (A2)
LTHV (B3)
Hill of Beath (A4)
Edusport (B5)
Cumbernauld (A6)
Edinburgh City (B7)
Whitehill (A8)
Edinburgh Utd (B9)
Edinburgh Uni (A10)
Dalkeith (B11)
+ Blackburn, Bonnyrigg, Dundonald, Upper Annandale
+ East Fife

Conference B
Kelty (A1)
Stirling Uni (B2)
Bonnyon (A3)
BSCG (B4)
Dunipace (A5)
Musselburgh (B6)
Heriot-Watt Uni (A7)
Haddington (B8)
Camelon (A9)
Inverkeithing (B10)
Newtongrange (A11)
Mid Annandale (B12)
+ Broxburn, Civil Service, Leith, Penicuik

54 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

A bit bizarre Upper Annandale playing at Benburb, it's Edusport in reverse, almost!

Wonder how that’ll work without checking their home ground had it in my head they would share with Mids ? If local lads then so much travelling. 

What a great set up, the best and most progressive Development League in Scotland by a million miles. Not set up to favour any team, by definition the quality of any single team will change from season to season.  That's why much better to spread the teams evenly based on last season's results. The biggest compliment is that every single team which took part last season has returned.  These guys get it, it's not about where you start !

One last request,  can HJ please rename the thread,  this is now the Lowland Development League, yes the EOS have been instrumental in starting the league up,  but now moved on and up.

15 hours ago, DVB said:

No Preston Athletic?

Applications were to be received "by the 15th June".  Preston's application was received on the 15th June.

The league have decided that on the 15th failed in the by the 15th requirement.

Needless to say preston are appealing to the SFA and it'll turn into a battle of semantics.

19 minutes ago, oldandround said:

Applications were to be received "by the 15th June".  Preston's application was received on the 15th June.

Needless to say preston are appealing to the SFA and it'll turn into a battle of semantics.

It’s nothing to do with SFA

Just now, The Informer said:

It’s nothing to do with SFA

Ok that shows my lack of knowledge sorry.  

Appealing to whomever the superior body that overseas this league if not the SFA.

I'm not involved with them, my grandson's at musselburgh, but just relaying what I'm telt via him.

Just now, oldandround said:

Ok that shows my lack of knowledge sorry.  

Appealing to whomever the superior body that overseas this league if not the SFA.

I'm not involved with them, my grandson's at musselburgh, but just relaying what I'm telt via him.

No need to apologise, it’s the LL’s competition, so I would imagine it would be appealed to them?

6 hours ago, oldandround said:

Seems a bit harsh as the Seryfa league has only just finished so doesn’t give the coaches a lot of time to establish if the team are willing to move to Preston and what that would involve.

I would have thought having the winners of last years U19 Division 1 and South East Region cup would have appealed to the league.

Edited by DVB