HibeeJibee

East & Lowland U20s Thread

I don't see Camelon's name on that list 
Camelon already have a 20's team. That list is only new teams joining. 20's setup is doing to be excellent next year, as it was this year.

There are 23 current members;

Bonnyton Thistle

Camelon Juniors

Cumbernauld Colts

Dunipace

Edinburgh University

Heriot Watt University

Hill of Beath Hawthorn

Kelty Hearts

Newtongrange Star 

Tynecastle

Whitehill Welfare

BSC Glasgow

Dalkeith Thistle

Edinburgh City

Edinburgh United

Edusport Academy

Haddington Athletic

Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts

Lothian Thistle Hutchison Vale

Mid Annandale 

Musselburgh Athletic

Spartans

University of Stirling

As far as I can see, at least 7 clubs have confirmed publicly they will also be applying for next season

Blackburn United

Bonnyrigg Rose

Broxburn Athletic

Civil Service Strollers

Glenrothes Juniors

Leith Athletic

Penicuik Athletic

Have any other clubs publicly confirmed they are applying?

Thanks for that Gaz, this can only be good for the game, this age group at boys club level is few and far between, now with so many clubs now running 20s i hope this will keep boys interested at this age group.

I heard last week that Mid Annandale maybe dropping out. 

1 hour ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

I heard last week that Mid Annandale maybe dropping out. 

I'd say they're a club that sticks out when you look at the list. Perhaps the expansion has proven too costly for them to maintain their participation.

League cup final at the Oriam tonight. Spartans v Lothian Thistle 7.30 kick off. Knock Out cup final Monday 3rd June at the Oriam 7.30 kick off Spartans v Bonnyton Thistle. Conference play off final Thursday 6th June at Album Park Broxburn 7 30 kick off.  Kelty Hearts v Spartans. Admission prices £5 adults £3 concessions and students under 16's free.

Camelon already have a 20's team. That list is only new teams joining. 20's setup is doing to be excellent next year, as it was this year.

What About Dundonald Bluebell???

Congratulations to Spartans U20s who secured the U20s Development League title with a 3-0 win over Kelty Hearts U20s tonight at Albyn Park. Crowd 184. 

6535434D-C30E-47DD-A4F5-A686650F42E3.jpeg

B2EE3FF4-03F9-4605-B069-F345D0743A60.jpeg

B6D76D28-F17C-4B27-9E90-F959B9859D43.jpeg

90F5ABC4-D0F0-476C-9BCD-082C9DDA187A.jpeg

E2B0960F-A3A6-492C-B526-412DE3AB6891.jpeg

First game watching u20 football. Very impressed standard from both was very good. Clearly coached well, good technical players and game played in the right manner. Well done both sides. 

It would be interesting to know what the progression is like from the under 20s into their full sides?

I'd guess its exceptionally low.

It would be interesting to know what the progression is like from the under 20s into their full sides?
I'd guess its exceptionally low.
Obviously not one of the "bigger" clubs, but at Dunipace last season our numbers were as follows:

- 15 separate under 20's in competitive first team squads
- 9 of those made their senior debut in those games
- 7 of those started one or more games
- 2 started 5 games or more
- 38 appearances in the first team by under 20's players in total, most of those starts
- 3 players promoted to senior side for next season

Given it was our first year running a 20's side, we're delighted with those numbers and the success of the team.

We want to regularly develop players into our first team and beyond, it's very much the model we are aiming at.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

2 minutes ago, gaz5 said:

Obviously not one of the "bigger" clubs, but at Dunipace last season our numbers were as follows:

- 15 separate under 20's in competitive first team squads
- 9 of those made their senior debut in those games
- 7 of those started one or more games
- 2 started 5 games or more
- 38 appearances in the first team by under 20's players in total, most of those starts
- 3 players promoted to senior side for next season

Given it was our first year running a 20's side, we're delighted with those numbers and the success of the team.

We want to regularly develop players into our first team and beyond, it's very much the model we are aiming at.

Thanks for the reply Gaz5 - that's pretty amazing and sounds like an excellent planned pathway and successful execution.

I suppose my concern looking at the likes of Bonnyrigg is that most of our players have come through top sides academies before dropping down the leagues. When the SPFL under 20s sides empty out 10 players a season, they're going to filter down and are going to be higher quality perhaps than the lowland league under 20s. I wondered if clubs would review their under 20s in years to come as a means to provide extra squad numbers when injuries and suspensions kick in, but with little progression.

The dunipace example seems to contradict this.

Thanks for the reply Gaz5 - that's pretty amazing and sounds like an excellent planned pathway and successful execution.
I suppose my concern looking at the likes of Bonnyrigg is that most of our players have come through top sides academies before dropping down the leagues. When the SPFL under 20s sides empty out 10 players a season, they're going to filter down and are going to be higher quality perhaps than the lowland league under 20s. I wondered if clubs would review their under 20s in years to come as a means to provide extra squad numbers when injuries and suspensions kick in, but with little progression.
The dunipace example seems to contradict this.
Everyone will have their own ambitions and plans for their 20's I'm sure, I don't think it's ever likely to be one size fits all at our level, just like it isn't higher up the tree here or indeed all across the world.

Our ambition, with a (nearly) full youth setup of boys and girls from as young as 5 and a facility they can all use, is to have that pathway where we not only get players into our first team, but push players on to the highest level they can play at.

Easier said than done, sure, but for a club like ours the right aim.

How many teams have left the spfl reserve league set up?

10 hours ago, BS7 said:

How many teams have left the spfl reserve league set up?

6:

Celtic
Hibs
Rangers
St Johnstone

Berwick
Stirling Albion

11 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

6:

Celtic
Hibs
Rangers