HibeeJibee

East & Lowland U20s Thread

3 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

Two West Lothian teams in for next season, I wonder if Linlithgow will make it a third?

Linlithgow already announced their U20s for next season

8 minutes ago, Kemlin Dan said:

Thanks, must have missed that one.

Looks like there are only three games tonight. Conference A sees Kelty looking to go 12 points ahead of Tynecastle with the Edinburgh team only having four games left. Dunipace had a good win against Tynecastle last time out so might make it tough for the home side. Conference B sees Stirling Uni playing their game in hand over top team Spartans, win against Mid Annandale and the gap is down to one point with two games to go.  Final game is a league cup semi final where Spartans travel to BSC, Spartans probably favourites but BSC have a decent home record and the result in the league game between the two was pretty close.

Kelty 1-1 Dunipace tonight, very good game of football. Dunipace as good as any other team I've seen playing at Kelty this season. In the other games Stirling Uni wiped out their goal difference deficit by winning easily against Mid Annandale and in the league cup Spartans repeated their earlier result at BSC winning by four goals to two.

1 hour ago, gogsy said:

Kelty 1-1 Dunipace tonight, very good game of football. Dunipace as good as any other team I've seen playing at Kelty this season. In the other games Stirling Uni wiped out their goal difference deficit by winning easily against Mid Annandale and in the league cup Spartans repeated their earlier result at BSC winning by four goals to two.

Agreed @gogsy

I was very impressed with Dunipace. Well organised side. Both keepers pulling off fantastic saves to keep it 1-1 from set pieces. 

I thought Kelty played a lot of long balls towards the end, in a bid to win it, but Pace defence stood firm. 

On ‎16‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 13:31, Kemlin Dan said:

Apparently not anymore, not entering.

It's now suggested on their thread that Linlithgow have changed their minds and decided not to run an U20s team next season.

20 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Apparently not anymore, not entering.

Thanks for that, pretty quick turn around on that one, wonder what the reasons behind could have been

Somebody asked the EoS Twitter feed how many new clubs there might be following Civil's announcement. They weren't sure, but any interesting tidbit was that Alloa & East Fife had made enquiries.

Somebody asked the EoS Twitter feed how many new clubs there might be following Civil's announcement. They weren't sure, but any interesting tidbit was that Alloa & East Fife had made enquiries.
Interesting. I had heard that upto 6 SPFL teams were binning their reserve sides next season, could be related.

Kelty have to go back to Kilmarnock on Tuesday for the Bonnyton game after the lights went out last time! Seems very harsh.................

Interesting. I had heard that upto 6 SPFL teams were binning their reserve sides next season, could be related.
I know St Johnstone are for definate

More likely to be among the "semi pro" reserve league?

As noted earlier it already fell back to 1 nationwide division of 9 and that includes EK, Albion and Berwick as well as Livi, Ayr and Raith.

As has been rumoured Leith also announced this morning they are looking to join up. 

Just conference games tonight. Conference A sees Tynecastle looking to pick up points to keep their challenge for top spot alive, might be a tough game against Dunipace who beat them a few weeks ago.  Conference B could see Stirling Uni cut Spartans lead at the top to one point with both teams having one game left. Fixtures seem to have changed a bit midweek, at the start of the week Kelty were down to play Cumbernauld in a cup tie, possibly cancelled because Kelty were needing players for their Lowland league cup tie v Spartans?

1 hour ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

As has been rumoured Leith also announced this morning they are looking to join up. 

Last of the old guard from the SYFA U21 days. Heard their issue at Meadowbank 3G was that it shut at 6pm on Friday? It's great to see such a big youth club come in and join this growing set-up.

Spartans win Conference B after Stirling Uni lose to BSC. Looks like there has been a couple of cracking games at Edinburgh United and Musselburgh

They have not won Conference B yet. Both teams have 3 games left to play, although Spartans have a 4 point advantage.

38 minutes ago, gaz1959 said:

They have not won Conference B yet. Both teams have 3 games left to play, although Spartans have a 4 point advantage.

Oops no idea why I thought it was an eleven team league. :(