HibeeJibee

East & Lowland U20s Thread

To be fair the Heriot Watt players that were in a certain chip shop in Kelty after the first game were claiming they should have won a game they lost three-nil, so im betting they should have won by three or four on Friday.

Took in the game and Kelty bossed the match, Heriot-Watt watt scored on their first attack and last attack when Kelty switched off. Both teams hit the post in the first half. 

I was also waiting on penalties when the oriam employee told everyone there was to be no shootout as the referee had been told by the league secretary that it wasn’t permitted to move the game indoors for penalties. 

One of the Kelty players told the travelling support that the lights were going to be switched off at 10.30, and that the ref offered to abandon the game at half time in extra time with the match poised at 3-3 or play the second half of extra time in the hope that there would be a goal and the lights would stay on til it finished. 

8pm kick offs for a match that can go to extra time and penalties is farcical. 7.45 at the very latest to allow for the match to be played to its conclusion. There were no unexpected stoppages. The blame lies purely at the feet of the home team. 

Edited by pipedreamer
Typo

29 minutes ago, gaz1959 said:

I can assure you that the referee didnot make contact with u20's league secretary.

Then the oriam employee must have been lying? As he was told by the referee.

3 hours ago, gogsy said:

To be fair the Heriot Watt players that were in a certain chip shop in Kelty after the first game were claiming they should have won a game they lost three-nil, so im betting they should have won by three or four on Friday.

Getting personal now. I would expect Kelty to steamroll every team with the investment and calibre of players in your rank.  Kelty are the best team in the league by a country mile. I have seen you play Bonnyton, Cumbernauld away and hearts youth. No one is denying that, I was not at the game but by all accounts “ Kelty bossed “ the game without any clear cut chances. 

You will everything this season.  The conduct of the staff to refuse to move pen in am indoor was wrong. The Ref never called the Secetary, nor did anyone from Heriot watt having confirmed with the player who has asked one of the coaches.

Good Luck with the season, am a football fan and I love watching your 20s like I do some of your 1st team games. It’s not nice to get all personal.

28 minutes ago, gaz1959 said:

He was. No issue with penalties being taken indoors as long as teams and referee all agree.

Ref agreed

Heriot Watt staff and players agreed

Kelty staff refused.

Some game at Dalkeith , Dalkeith 5-5 Edinburgh United

Edit Dalkeith 5-6 Edinburgh United now

Cracking result for Stirling Uni beating Spartans by three goals

Edited by gogsy

1 hour ago, gogsy said:

Some game at Dalkeith , Dalkeith 5-5 Edinburgh United

Edit Dalkeith 5-6 Edinburgh United now

Cracking result for Stirling Uni beating Spartans by three goals

Incredible game Gogsy well done United :)

Some game last night HoB got plenty good young talent as well as Kelty , might not be too long till the seniors up in LL either as going good in the EOS 

Some crowd for the young ins they must’ve been loving it 

9 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Incredible game Gogsy well done United :)

That was a good choice from your good self going to the Spartans game instead of the United U20 game:lol:

29 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

That was a good choice from your good self going to the Spartans game instead of the United U20 game:lol:

:lol: ... aye it wasn’t half Cowden :lol:

Tynecastle-Newtongrange abandoned?

On ‎21‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 23:25, Ginaro said:

Bonnyrigg planning on entering a team for next season: http://www.bonnyriggrosefc.co.uk/teams/118321/news/rose-entering-u20s-team-into-lowlands-dev-league-n-2399383.html

I think they had an under 21s team in the now defunct SERYFA league?

Aye, in its death-throes only Bonnyrigg, Leith, Newtongrange and 2 others participated (East Linton + Murieston). Leith was a bit puzzling, tbh.

Injury to Newtongrange player  glad to report he seems ok after getting checked out at hospital 

On 21/02/2019 at 23:25, Ginaro said:

Bonnyrigg planning on entering a team for next season: http://www.bonnyriggrosefc.co.uk/teams/118321/news/rose-entering-u20s-team-into-lowlands-dev-league-n-2399383.html

I think they had an under 21s team in the now defunct SERYFA league?

Arniston next up from Midlothian ... 

223E8A3E-7592-4CC0-8496-701D153D179C.jpeg

Edited by Rab B Nesbit

4 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:
On 21/02/2019 at 23:25, Ginaro said:

Arniston next up from Midlothian ... 

Must mean they are playing elsewhere away from Newbyres Park as there's been no news/planning permission for their move to a new ground (3g/lights) or getting lights.

Hopefully there are enough players in the area to support all the U20s, given WW, Nitten, Dalkeith have teams and Bonnyrigg are starting one up.

Blackburn United will be entering after the false start this season. Possibly the only U20 side in West Lothian as things stand (Livingston FC apart)