Jump to content
HibeeJibee

East & Lowland U20s Thread

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Camelon-Tynecastle and Edusport-Kelty abandoned?!

The Kelty Twitter has it as 2-2 after 90 mins Hibee. I can only think that it was too late to go to extra time with 3G let’s / floodlights etc ?  Both to go to replays next week ? 

Edited by Rab B Nesbit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Edusport v Kelty could not finish due to timer on floodlights wmswitching them off. Game likely to be replayed, but U20s committee will make a decision. Not sure when it will be replayed as Knock Out cup ties take place next friday. Camelon v Tynecastle game abandoned due to serious injury to a player in 2nd half. Camelon leading 6 nil at the time, again a decision will need to be made.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

The Kelty Twitter has it as 2-2 after 90 mins Hibee. I can only think that it was too late to go to extra time with 3G let’s / floodlights etc ?

 

11 minutes ago, gaz1959 said:

Edusport v Kelty could not finish due to timer on floodlights wmswitching them off.


tenor.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HibeeJibee said:

 


tenor.gif

Its the danger of letting 3G pitches I remember when our 20s played at Kelty we always had to kick off at 7.30 as the community centre changing rooms closed at 10 p.m. A lot of these places will also have time restrictions on them if people live near them for light and noise pollution the one at Lumphhinnans closes at 9 p.m. because of this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Knock out cup starts tonight. A wee reminder of the draw courtesy of Edinburgh United twitter

DyV50XEWwAANRO9.jpg:large

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Edusport v Kelty replay this Monday 8.00pm at New Methil according to EOS Website

Edited by gogsy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gogsy said:

Edusport v Kelty replay this Monday 8.00pm at New Methil according to EOS Website

Wow! I know a lot of folk thought Methil was a tip but they kept that quiet...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gogsy said:

Edusport v Kelty replay this Monday 8.00pm at New Methil according to EOS Website

Locality Hub Bayview according to the SFA Referee Appointments list. Assuming it’s at Bayview on the stadium 3G.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, specsaver said:

Have Preston Athletic withdrawn from the U20 league as they are no longer shown in the Conference A League Table?

Yes I got told that at Lothian on Wednesday night. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Heriot Watt 3 Kelty Hearts 3 after extra time. The game was going to head into penalties then the Floodlights went off at Riccarton due to the timer  Likely outcome will be the game being replayed.‬
‪

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That’s now two away cup games for Kelty where the home team haven’t booked long enough to complete the match! Fair enough replaying the game but it is extra games to fit in. Surely the home team have to take full responsibility that they have a long enough booking and if not forfeit the game!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If a game is unexpectedly held-up for a significant period... most obviously a bad injury requiring an ambulance... it's understandable it might run into issues, if the lights have a cut-off. It's much the same within an unlit senior match during January or February, or midweek in April, when there might not be enough daylight for an unexpected delay as well as extra-time and penalties.

However kick-offs should be allowing for extra-time and penalties, they are routine not unexpected. If the home club fails to allow for extra-time and penalties, they should surely forfeit the tie. With these incidents happening in quick succession clubs can't now plead ignorance of the issue.

Edited by HibeeJibee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
If a game is unexpectedly held-up for a significant period... most obviously a bad injury requiring an ambulance... it's understandable it might run into issues, if the lights have a cut-off. It's much the same within an unlit senior match during January or February, or midweek in April, when there might not be enough daylight for an unexpected delay as well as extra-time and penalties.

However kick-offs should be allowing for extra-time and penalties, they are routine not unexpected. If the home club fails to allow for extra-time and penalties, they should surely forfeit the tie. With these incidents happening in quick succession clubs can't now plead ignorance of the issue.
While I agree that allowances should be made for ET and penalties in caste cup ties, I don't think that's always down to the home club to be fair, as the only way it could be done is bringing the KO forward. That could be done when they are caste as the issue is already "known". Rather than caste a 19:45 or 20:00 cup fixture and leave it to the clubs to negotiate (what if the away club didn't agree to the time change, for example) make 19:15 the kickoff for winter cup ties across the board?

Most 4G facilities that host games on a Friday night will have a hard stop of 22:00, where the home team have no control over the lights, even if it is their own ground. Certainly anyone with a 4G which has received funding will have lights that even if switched on at the switches will cut off at 22:00 on an internal timer that you have no access to and not come back on til 09:00 as part of the planning regulations.

Its not like they can say "we'll book an extra half hour at the end to account for it", the lights would still go off and there's nothing at all they can do.

Maybe that's an unknown for the league this year with so many teams and it's certainly not a criticism for what it's a superbly run competition.

Maybe just a learning point for everyone for next season that across the board all cup ties should be caste as 19:15 kickoffs rather than 19:45 (would get ET but unlikely pens) or 20:00 (wont to get either)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, gaz5 said:

While I agree that allowances should be made for ET and penalties in caste cup ties, I don't think that's always down to the home club to be fair, as the only way it could be done is bringing the KO forward. That could be done when they are caste as the issue is already "known". Rather than caste a 19:45 or 20:00 cup fixture and leave it to the clubs to negotiate (what if the away club didn't agree to the time change, for example) make 19:15 the kickoff for winter cup ties across the board?

Most 4G facilities that host games on a Friday night will have a hard stop of 22:00, where the home team have no control over the lights, even if it is their own ground. Certainly anyone with a 4G which has received funding will have lights that even if switched on at the switches will cut off at 22:00 on an internal timer that you have no access to and not come back on til 09:00 as part of the planning regulations.

Its not like they can say "we'll book an extra half hour at the end to account for it", the lights would still go off and there's nothing at all they can do.

Maybe that's an unknown for the league this year with so many teams and it's certainly not a criticism for what it's a superbly run competition.

Maybe just a learning point for everyone for next season that across the board all cup ties should be caste as 19:15 kickoffs rather than 19:45 (would get ET but unlikely pens) or 20:00 (wont to get either)?

Good post. Some even earlier the big issue we had at Lasswade was the timer going out at 9.45pm to allow 15 minutes for the players getting changed and getting their arses out so staff can get finished for 10. The timer would require an electrician to change it. With lots of prior let’s up to half 7 I think the only way to proceed is to do away with extra time and go straight to pens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, gogsy said:

"Heriot Watt 3 Kelty Hearts 3 after extra time. The game was going to head into penalties then the Floodlights went off at Riccarton due to the timer  Likely outcome will be the game being replayed.‬
‪

Think Heriot watt offered to take the penalties in the Indoor pitch, which had the lights kept on, Kelty refused. Don’t quote me on this but a parent of an Heriot watt player mentioned. He said TBF, Heriot watt should have won the game with the chances created. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, skynews said:

Think Heriot watt offered to take the penalties in the Indoor pitch, which had the lights kept on, Kelty refused. Don’t quote me on this but a parent of an Heriot watt player mentioned. He said TBF, Heriot watt should have won the game with the chances created. 

Not true, we all waited inside for the penalties but were all told the u20 League Secretary and the referee having spoken to the league secretary refused for this to happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, skynews said:

Think Heriot watt offered to take the penalties in the Indoor pitch, which had the lights kept on, Kelty refused. Don’t quote me on this but a parent of an Heriot watt player mentioned. He said TBF, Heriot watt should have won the game with the chances created. 

Its not like you to have a pop at Kelty.

 

Oh wait its exactly like you to try and pin the blame on Kelty.:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not true in the slightest, Heriot watt and ref agreed. The Kelty coaches refused. It’s not difficult to understand.  Having spoken to the parent, the Heriot watt players are fuming, the indoor pitch was set for a penalty kicks.  No one is having a pop. Kelty took ages in all the interval breaks according to Heriot watt players. 

Whicn under 20 sec or league Secetary are you on about?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, skynews said:

Not true in the slightest, Heriot watt and ref agreed. The Kelty coaches refused. It’s not difficult to understand.  Having spoken to the parent, the Heriot watt players are fuming, the indoor pitch was set for a penalty kicks.  No one is having a pop. Kelty took ages in all the interval breaks according to Heriot watt players. 

Whicn under 20 sec or league Secetary are you on about?

The one that the referee was on the phone too. Jesus, iv no need to lie. "Took ages at interval breaks" bloody hell, the U20 team havent been beaten all season, why suddenly time waste at half time and extra time and not play penalties.

You have went from "dont quote me on this" to a full blown rant "not true in the slightest"

Heriot Watt should have organised the game in plenty time for extra time and pens, they are to blame. Not Kelty. Their players should be fuming with whoever organised the kick off time, not Kelty.

Edited by kefc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...