Lowland Development League

HibeeJibee

Seeing some ridiculous scores in the u20s this Friday. Surely there is a way to split the teams fairer in competition?

Disappointed to hear teams folding as well, having that problem at U19 and keen to get involved in this. 

Few teams fold every season, tbf, although it'd be unusual for more than 1 or 2 go in first half of season.

Case could be made for Premier & First divisions rather than conferences but you'd need sizeable promotion/relegation (e.g. 4-up-4-down) as squads turn-over every couple of years.

Under 20 Conference A

Blackburn United 3-2 East Fife

Bonnyrigg Rose 1-0 Lothian Thistle HV

Caledonian Braves A-A Dalkeith Thistle

Cumbernauld 5-0 Hill of Beath

Edinburgh United P-P Dundonald Bluebell

The Spartans 2-3 Edinburgh City

Upper Annandale 0-4 Edinburgh Uni.

Under 20 Conference B

Newtongrange Star P-P Inverkeithing HS

Musselburgh Ath. 1-1 Mid Annandale

Stirling Uni. P-P Kelty Hearts

BSC Glasgow 1-1 Dunipace

CSS 0-2 Heriot-Watt Univ.

Penicuik 1-0 Broxburn

Preston Athletic 5-1 Camelon

• 3 weeks later...
On 01/12/2019 at 07:35, TheLad said:

Any truth in the rumours about the LL/EOS extending out to under 16s and under 18s from next year?

Unless something has changed between now and back at end of August then it was reported as a no by the SFA and this was relayed back to all U20s officials who attended the EOS/LL Development league meeting

Camelon awarded CAS accreditation (U20s).

https://www.camelonjuniors.co.uk/accreditation-for-cjfc-u20s-development-pathway/

1 minute ago, gogsy said:

Watched the second half of the Kelty v Caledonian Braves game , two decent teams although Kelty probably deserved the win from what I saw.

I tried to watch both games at Ainslie Park from the balcony at the cafe.

Spartans had a penalty saved, then 30 seconds later they were 1-0 down. A penalty for LTHV made it 2-0 at HT. Spartans still looked like they might get back into the match but were killed off by the 3rd, after which the heads went down and they conceded a 4th

Edinburgh City were just too clinical for CSS.  At 2-0 and 3-0 CSS had great chances to get back into the game, but the City keeper brought off a couple of great saves. I left with about 10 minutes left with the score at 5-0.

This is a concern.  (For BSE read BSC)

Should go without saying we, as all decent-minded people hopefully would, condemn outright the alleged behaviour alluded to here. Disgustingly ignorant - it's to be hoped the culprit's taken to task.

@Tadi_Muzambi
@ScottishFA @EastScotlandFA

Sad to read that and hopefully the player is released or suspended, disappointing if true that the BSC players stood by him and said that they were making excuses. Racism and discrimination is one thing but pretending it didn’t happen is another level. If it’s true then I hope BSC make an example of the boy and don’t just sweep it under the carpet.

Absolutely disgusted reading this, can’t get my head around it. There’s a lot of things said on a football pitch but the one thing we have is that there has never been a major racism problem in Scotland. Hopefully the authorities deal with BSC and the player appropriately and nip this in the bud

• 3 weeks later...

http://seryfa-online.info/news/news/important-notice-re-playing-u20s-e-o-s-lowland-league

Important Notice - Re playing U20s E O S Lowland League

All players, teams and secretarys should note that ANY PLAYER registered to play for any SERYFA team at any age group CANNOT play as a trialist for any U20's E O S Lowland League team. It is an offence and breach of SYFA rules  

Does anyone know if the Edinburgh City U20 games are played on the first team pitch at Ainslie Park?

i am a groundhopper looking to tick it off as part of the 42 but don’t fancy making the trip if it’s played on an adjacent 3G. I know they use both when City and Spartans have a fixture clash, but Spartans are away this Friday.