Lowland Development League

HibeeJibee

1 hour ago, Ginaro said:

The setup hasn't gone unnoticed in the west - wonder if we could eventually see all of the Lowland area playing U20s?

(couple of other copy & paste tweets if you want to see more replies: https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&q=lowland league%2Feos&src=typd

Following Clydebanks Twitter they great admires of the U20s set -up, I can see the U21s that's in the West slowly dying over the next few years.

Having as many teams in the U20s would be good if they can keep the amazing standard that it is just now.

On ‎27‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 15:08, Kemlin Dan said:

There has been mention of at least 10 new 20s teams looking to come onboard next season.

St Andrews
Linlithgow
Syngenta
Glenrothes Strollers
Glenrothes Juniors
Bonnyrigg
Arniston
Eyemouth
Penicuik
Blackburn

I am almost certain more will set up in this very high quality league

It would be excellent if they could get up to a full complement of 2 conferences of 16 (anything beyond that would require a more elaborate arrangement). There's no question that this model has proven the way forward. That would mean another 9 clubs if everyone currently participating stayed on.

If anything the concern may be the sustainability of player numbers in some areas. Gala, Blackburn and Sauchie failed to make the start line for this season while Tranent folded in the autumn and Preston - serial offenders of late - more recently. Probably the only negative in previous years had been Preston, Burntisland and Selkirk collapsing.

1 hour ago, HibeeJibee said:

It would be excellent if they could get up to a full complement of 2 conferences of 16 (anything beyond that would require a more elaborate arrangement). There's no question that this model has proven the way forward. That would mean another 9 clubs if everyone currently participating stayed on.

If anything the concern may be the sustainability of player numbers in some areas. Gala, Blackburn and Sauchie failed to make the start line for this season while Tranent folded in the autumn and Preston - serial offenders of late - more recently. Probably the only negative in previous years had been Preston, Burntisland and Selkirk collapsing.

Is it no part of licensing to have youth sides  ?

It isn't mandatory to have a youth set-up...

Looking at U20 level - now called "reserve" in SPFL - Inverness do not have a team; only 9 out of 20 part-time SPFL clubs have a team*; Civil Service, East Stirlingshire, Burntisland, Linlithgow, Preston and none of the licensed Border or D+G clubs in LL and EOSL have teams; and Fort William, Rothes, Strathspey and Wick don't have teams.

*including Edinburgh City in Lowland/East set-up; Elgin in North of Scotland set-up; and Annan and Stranraer's SOSL teams

Edited by HibeeJibee

10 hours ago, gogsy said:

Kelty 4-0 Camelon tonight decent game, Camelon were ok. Good to see the Kelty defence taking turns at keeping Kieran Anderson in their back pockets though.

Kelty got 2 pretty poor decisions from the ref and the scoreline was no reflection on how Camelon played against a team that is by far meant to be the best 20s team around, great performance from Camelon 20's  considering the investment Kelty have put into their 20s compared to the other 20s teams in the league.

There has been mention of at least 10 new 20s teams looking to come onboard next season.
St Andrews
Linlithgow
Syngenta
Glenrothes Strollers
Glenrothes Juniors
Bonnyrigg
Arniston
Eyemouth
Penicuik
Blackburn
I am almost certain more will set up in this very high quality league

Looking forward to this next season. I believe the prep work is well underway at Blackburn, no dropping of the ball this time round.

20 hours ago, gogsy said:

Its happened again :(

"Bit of a bizarre moment here at Synergy Park. Floodlights have cut off at 10.15 so extra time won’t be going ahead. Referee has abandoned game and tie to be replayed at a later date."

Kelty again, too, after having journeyed down to Kilmarnock. Lid needs putting on these occurrences and I'm sure it will be.

22 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Kelty again, too, after having journeyed down to Kilmarnock. Lid needs putting on these occurrences and I'm sure it will be.

Have to do away with extra time and go straight to pens for everyone’s sake Hibee. 

2 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Have to do away with extra time and go straight to pens for everyone’s sake Hibee. 

That could be a solution for future seasons.

Here and now there is ET, and club shouldn't be hosting ties that might not finish and hoping, or not knowing. If no override is available use a different ko or venue.  Per above - "common sense".

Edited by HibeeJibee

1 hour ago, gogsy said:

Kelty 1-1 Dunipace tonight, very good game of football. Dunipace as good as any other team I've seen playing at Kelty this season. In the other games Stirling Uni wiped out their goal difference deficit by winning easily against Mid Annandale and in the league cup Spartans repeated their earlier result at BSC winning by four goals to two.

Agreed @gogsy

I was very impressed with Dunipace. Well organised side. Both keepers pulling off fantastic saves to keep it 1-1 from set pieces. 

I thought Kelty played a lot of long balls towards the end, in a bid to win it, but Pace defence stood firm.